Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

Re: Opiates for depression [Re: bigmike7104]
    #14071189 - 03/05/11 02:25 PM (13 years, 17 days ago)

Yeah, the placebo effect was lower than the usual rates and the SSRI response stayed the same, why was that so? Placebo response was high as it was in mild depression, severe depression doesn't respond as well as mild depression to placebo but responds the same to SSRI's. As I see it that means that the placebo works so well because it adresses the psychological aspect of depression and that is often enough. The more severe the depression gets the less of an effect that plays while the medication still mentains it's efficacy. Poke a hole trough that one...

:fearandloathing:

I'm a medical shaman inhabited by demons of the 2nd realm.

--------------------
Not to be taken seriously by any means!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebigmike7104
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: USA Flag
Re: Opiates for depression [Re: 13.step]
    #14071412 - 03/05/11 03:23 PM (13 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

The more severe the depression gets the less of an effect that plays while the medication still mentains it's efficacy.

it doesn't matter if a drug is proven to be effective or not, the placebo  affects around the same amount of people in both cases. so your wrong in thinking that the more effective a drug gets, the less of a role it plays in it.

if you compared the severe depressed group to normal placebo results it would show it's not effective. what your saying is against studies done by scientists that are in peer-reviewed journals. yet your the one that must be right.

and i'm curious if you could find me a study supporting the chemical imbalance theory of depression in a peer-review journal.

--------------------
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines

Edited by bigmike7104 (03/05/11 09:03 PM)

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #14071607 - 03/05/11 04:11 PM (13 years, 17 days ago)

A week ago I was really depressed and felt like nothing could change it. I knew what I had to do but didn't care about it and I didn't think that accomplishing any of it would make me feel better anyway. Even sleeping or lying down was terrible and I felt more suicidal then I have in about 10 years.

I ended up eating a roxicet and smoking some weed one night. I felt a lot better about everything and was able to get a good sleep. When I woke up I ate 20mg of adderal which gave me the motivation to start doing what I needed to do which made me feel even better about myself. I felt fine when it wore off and that night was good. I didn't even need weed.

I haven't felt the need to do anymore roxicet or adderal since then but I now feel happy, productive, and hopeful about the future. I really feel like the roxicet and adderal helped shock me out of the depression.

I would seriously recommend against developing a drug dependency to deal with depression.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

#14071790 - 03/05/11 04:48 PM (13 years, 17 days ago)

Coherency. It ain't just a fancy word.

:bye:

--------------------
Not to be taken seriously by any means!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom