Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery

Opiates for depression
    #14034422 - 02/27/11 04:35 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

How do we feel about taking opium, pod tea, and/or isolated opioids for depression versus anything else out there, from conventional medication to other substances people may take for depression such as weed and amphetamines.

The way I see it, opiates are the most obvious thing for depression. They work by mimicking endorphins and enkaphalins, which consequently has an effect on dopamine and serotonin as well. Interesting point: endorphins and enkaphalins are either hormones themselves or are very closely involved with hormones. These substances are very gentle on the body. There's no crash like there is with cocaine or amphetamines. People get confused because of the nasty withdrawal. If you take opiates too frequently, they will throw your chemistry out of balance. Withdrawal is not experiencing any type of detox it is experiencing your own changed body chemistry.

The question is, are opiates the lesser of all the evils? Conventional medication has a totally unnatural effect on the brain. Selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors actually alter the way the brain functions. Opiates merely fill the brain with a foreign version of chemicals that are already handled. There's a significant amount of information that says SSRIs cause brain damage (sorry too lazy to link); there's very little information that says opiates cause brain damage. One author attributes allegations of brain damage to the use of high doses which makes your breathing shallow and if you're nodding off all the time, well, that's a lot of oxygen you're brain's missing out on. This author also claims the thebaine in opium counteracts the drastic respiratory effect and he looks down on isolated opioids. Additionally opium has a very long half-life (opium contains many chemicals and even the morphine and codeine in it are chemically different from the pharmaceutical versions), whereas isolated opioids only last a few hours. You will be less likely to want to take more and more because the effects drag out. Oral use is probably more appropriate as a depression medication.

But seriously, all this fuckin' garbage. Medications that fuck you up. Fuck up your libido. Herbal formulas that don't do jack fuckin' shit. L-tryptophan and 5-htp that don't do jack fuckin' shit. There's only one thing for a really bad case of anxiety and depression and that my friends is the amazingly powerful anti-depressant, anxiolytic opium. Seriously I'm so sick of all this other bullshit. There's NOTHING else out there that has as powerful an effect and will literally envelop you and temporarily put your depression in remission.

Is there any other "anti-depressant" that kills physical pain? No. If that shit can't even cure physical pain, what can it do for emotional pain!?

Of course, medication isn't the answer. Medicine is. But there's a difference. Medicating with opium is for the short term. Medicine would be the aspiration to have normal endorphin levels and all that naturally. And I think there's some good research in taht area such as fish oil and probiotics and thyroid and all that other shit. But that's long term. If you can't even get out of bed in the morning, you need something for the short term.

Can't wait til my poppies arrive next week (trusted source). Gonna hit that job front.  :gethigh:

Edited by s240779 (02/27/11 04:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Opiates for depression [Re: s240779]
    #14035618 - 02/27/11 12:10 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Well what does common sense tell you dude? Sorry for coming of as an ass but my answer is a big fat: HELL NO.

But I guess compared to prozac youre probably better off. Prozac will make you hang yourself, opiates will kill ya slowly. :shrug:

:minigun:

--------------------

Offlines240779

Re: Opiates for depression [Re: Hakim0777]
    #14035816 - 02/27/11 12:50 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Dude when a person can't even get out of bed they have no choice.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #14036027 - 02/27/11 01:32 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Try st john's, it works. Take a few caps per day and slowly go higher. If that doesn't do enough try smoking some salvia d. That always works. Opium will do nothing for depression.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14036040 - 02/27/11 01:35 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

superhigh said:

I completely disagree and if your just looking for an excuse to do hella opiates than have fun but your just gonna get more depressed. Trust me man imo pod withdrawal was worse than heroin withdrawals.

start exercising, eating right, and looking inward. Thats the best way to beat depression. You gotta be your own therapist and find out why its not working. Every problem we have is usually a patterned based problem.

--------------------

Offlines240779

Re: Opiates for depression [Re: Stonehenge]
    #14036056 - 02/27/11 01:37 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Opium will do nothing for depression.

Are you outta your god damn mind. I experience relief just from the friggin poppy pods I use.

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14036071 - 02/27/11 01:40 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

superhigh said:
Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Opium will do nothing for depression.

Are you outta your god damn mind. I experience relief just from the friggin poppy pods I use.

lol if you cant even get out of bed now once you are cut off from the opiates your gonna fucking crash so hard.

how many pods are you at now?

--------------------

Offlines240779

#14036076 - 02/27/11 01:41 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Hakim0777 said:
Quote:

superhigh said:

I completely disagree and if your just looking for an excuse to do hella opiates than have fun but your just gonna get more depressed. Trust me man imo pod withdrawal was worse than heroin withdrawals.

Nonsense. Space your friggin' uasge out to avoid withdrawel in the first place. Some people will never experince relief without opiates. But i agree that the real solution is a holistic health solution. Jeez, I stated all this in my first post.

I was at one dose a day using about 50 smalls. And now I'm waiting for next order to arrive.

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14036131 - 02/27/11 01:50 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

superhigh said:
Quote:

Hakim0777 said:
Quote:

superhigh said:

Nonsense. Space your friggin' uasge out to avoid withdrawel in the first place. Some people will never experince relief without opiates. But i agree that the real solution is a holistic health solution. Jeez, I stated all this in my first post.

I was at one dose a day using about 50 smalls. And now I'm waiting for next order to arrive.

hahahaha holy shit your in for a world of hurt man. you have no idea what youre talking about.

50 is getting up there too. I was up to 100+

Lets see how well you ween yourself off of it(not happening when youre already at 50 pods) and you know whats worse than the psychical withdrawls, that you just might have a chance of bringing down to a very uncomfortable compared to unbearable, is the couple months afterwards where you feel empty and rootless. When you have to figure out how to properly fill that giant emotional hole in your chest that you were lustfully filling one bitter brown chug and gulp at a time.

but it sure feels good now doesnt it?

--------------------

Offlines240779

#14036163 - 02/27/11 01:56 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

People who have severe depression have naturally low opioid levels so they're more resistant to tolerance and withdrawel cuz they're just giving their bodies what it needs. At least that's a hypothesis of mine. Partially based on how I took about 25 mg of oxycodone a day sometimes twice a day for like a week and a half straight and didn't experience a decrease in mood afterwards. all i've ever experienced is muscles soreness which is pleasant. I feel like the previous day I worked out at the gym

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14036190 - 02/27/11 02:00 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

your hypothesis is not only wrong but too simple. we dont have opioid levels we have opioid receptors.

prepare for the shittiest depression of your life when you stop. here infact lets do a little test.

Stop for three days and tell me how you feel. :lol:

--------------------

Offlines240779

#14036235 - 02/27/11 02:08 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Believe me, I know nothing can be worse than making a bad situation worse. But if opioid use can be controlled, the temporary mood lift they provide is phenomenal. That 2 week trial I had with oxycodone I told you about? My mom was dispensing the pills to me. I concede that I would've gone through the pills a lot quicker. You can't deny that there are some fucked up people ion this world whose brain chemistry just won't let them fucntion and opioids are well known for temporarily making people invincible to their demons. Alexander The Great gave opium to his troops to get them through the harsh conditions of warfare and make them brave. Studies show that opaites show very promising results for depression and obsessive compulsive disorder, which is one intricate, bitch of a disorder. And I know people with OCD and how their medications, even when they take cocktails, don't work.

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures Flag
Re: Opiates for depression [Re: s240779] * 1
    #14036590 - 02/27/11 03:33 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

I used a variety of opiates for several years to stave off depression and anxiety, with no ill effects to speak of. These mainly included pods, oxycodone, and hydrocodone. No withdrawls ever. Only a few short instances of increased tolerance (needing 4 pods instead of two to achieve the desired result). The key was absolutely strict moderation. Opiates are mostly benign, but only so long as increasing/ excessive doses are not used and habituation is categorically avoided. I set up a maximum use schedule of twice per week. No more than 10mg of hydro/oxycodone (usually I'd just take 5mg). The anecdotal research I had done suggested that this would be an indefinitely sustainable opiate regime, and for me that turned out to be the case. There are a number of pitfalls that must be avoided. You will have the voice in your head which tries to justify increasing either your frequency of use or the dose involved, and you must be able to recognize this and ignore it. I don't think many people have the sort of discipline and willpower to maintain this though; most find ever increasing opiate consumption too tempting to avoid, and that is the line which cannot be crossed if opiates are to remain an ally and not an enemy. For me, I recognized that in using opiates, the choice was between using them in a very structured manner or eventually being much worse off and not being able to use them at all. It was a very logical choice for me. I cannot emphasize enough though: You have to deeply respect the terms of the relationship with these drugs, or you will get burned.   

Eventually I lost interest in opiates. Their effect on me changed. The thought of them does not excite me in the least. Exercising, accomplishing tangible goals, and being social are the real drivers of endogenous satisfaction. Opiates can be used as a stepping stone to these things (I found they increased my motivation and made me more outgoing), but in the end you have to make the push yourself.

*I should add that I found the therapeutic effects of opiates lasted much longer than the main effects. One dose would leave me in a positive headspace for several days, generally. I feel like what opiates allowed me to do was to learn to think and act in ways that eventually helped me overcome the issues I was dealing with. MDMA is useful in this regard as well, but the harsh and protracted crash makes it difficult to integrate those ways of thinking and acting while the experience is still fresh. Plus, it's certainly not something that should be partaken of on the sort of frequency basis that opiates can be. That ties into another benefit of therapeutic opiate use: it leaves you almost entirely free of impairment. 

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Edited by Grok (02/27/11 06:04 PM)

Offlines240779

Re: Opiates for depression [Re: Grok]
    #14036967 - 02/27/11 04:43 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

That was an awesome post and it confirms my beliefs. Thank you.

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14037324 - 02/27/11 05:54 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

are you kidding me? did you even read it? He was taking 4 pods max twice a week.

completely different.

--------------------

Offlines240779

#14037490 - 02/27/11 06:19 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Hakim0777 said:
are you kidding me? did you even read it? He was taking 4 pods max twice a week.

completely different.

He's talking about pure bred jumbos; I'm talking about hybrid smalls. My stuff's so weak it probably equals that.

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14037567 - 02/27/11 06:33 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

hardly man, size doesnt really denote potency. Size usually is an indication of the type of pod high. IE 50 small pods to me is hella euphoric but 50 big pods sedating.

--------------------

OfflineNova

Re: Opiates for depression [Re: s240779] * 1
    #14040203 - 02/28/11 02:54 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Do you really think a euphoric, highly addictive substance sounds like a good way to treat a mental illness? The only thing it does is temporarily hides the problems away but they WILL come back. And all the time you spend pushing it out of your mind you wouldn't be developing ways to cope like you would if you were sober.

My honest opinion is to get completely sober and maybe see a psychologist. If you don't want to see someone, make an active decision everyday to work on and improve the things that bring you trouble.

Anonymous #1

#14040542 - 02/28/11 07:08 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Edited by Anonymous (03/07/20 02:51 PM)

Anonymous #1

Re: Opiates for depression [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #14040545 - 02/28/11 07:08 AM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Edited by Anonymous (03/07/20 02:51 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder