Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleveggieM

[TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana
    #14030175 - 02/26/11 12:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana
February 26, 2011 - timesnews.net

SURGOINSVILLE — Hawkins County investigators say an alcohol-fueled argument over marijuana growing techniques preceded a shooting early Friday morning that left one man dead and another charged with second-degree murder.

About 2:45 a.m. Friday, deputies were called to a shooting complaint at the residence of Gary Wayne Parker, 55, 2256 Carters Valley Road, Surgoinsville.

Upon their arrival, deputies found Randy J. Armstrong, 53, 1715 Carters Valley Road, Surgoinsville, on the floor with a gunshot wound to the abdomen.

Armstrong was transported to Holston Valley Medical Center in Kingsport, where he later died.

Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson said it was Parker’s wife who called 911 to report the shooting, and a .380-caliber handgun was recovered at the Parker residence.

Investigators learned that Parker and Armstrong were old friends, and that Armstrong stopped by the Parker residence sometime the previous night.

The two reportedly hadn’t seen each other for three or four years and began drinking Thursday night. Beer and liquor, as well as a small amount of marijuana, were allegedly found at the Parker residence.

At some point during their reunion, Parker and Armstrong began looking up marijuana growing techniques on the Internet, and subsequently the two began to argue about that subject, Lawson said.

Lawson said he doesn’t know specifically what the disagreement was about.

Parker allegedly told investigators he told Armstrong to leave, and when Armstrong refused to leave he shot him. Lawson added that Parker is claiming self-defense.

Parker was home when deputies arrived, and Lawson said he wasn’t injured at that time. Lawson said evidence at the scene didn’t back Parker’s self-defense claim.

Parker does, however, appear injured and bloody from his jail intake photo. Parker was initially held for questioning, but Lawson said he was too intoxicated to give a statement.

Lawson said Parker was alone in a holding area when he fell and injured himself.

“He didn’t get injured from a fight,” Lawson said. “He was intoxicated, and he fell face forward into the concrete at the jail.”

Parker was taken to Hawkins County Memorial Hospital, where he received stitches, and wasn’t able to give a statement until Friday afternoon.

Parker is charged with second degree murder and as of Friday afternoon was being held without bond.

Parker has 10 previous arrests in Hawkins County dating back to 1999 on charges including DUI, public intoxication and failure to appear, but Lawson said this was his first serious felony charge.

No arraignment date had been set as of Friday afternoon, but Lawson said his arraignment will likely be Monday morning in sessions court.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleveggieM

Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: veggie] * 5
    #14030178 - 02/26/11 12:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Now if the situation was reversed and these two were high on cannabis while discussing methods of alcohol distillation this death, most likely, would not have happened.

InvisibleBoozie
I like beer.
 User Gallery

Loc: :ↄo⅃
Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: veggie]
    #14030205 - 02/26/11 12:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: Boozie]
    #14030263 - 02/26/11 12:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Man this is just ridiculous.  The first thing I did when I read this was to laugh, like a mild bellow.

Here I am sitting, enjoying my life, high while another man is dead arguing about something that doesn't matter at all.  On top of that he had what I'd imagine is a sufficient personal stash of cannabis, given that he was a grower either at the time of his death or sometime in the past.

Why waste your life on something so foolish.  I try my best anymore to just separate myself from any uncomfortable situations, especially ones involving loud talking, arguing, or potential violence.  If someone corners you it's important to be able to defend yourself, but defusing a situation by walking away, or if necessary running away from it is preferable to getting into a violent altercation over something that didn't mean jack shit to either of you.

What a waste.

Also: that motherfucker in the mugshot has the victim's blood (my assumption) all over his face and upper torso.

Fucking nuts man.

--------------------

Edited by Humility (02/26/11 12:39 PM)

Offlineparanavar
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: Boozie]
    #14030279 - 02/26/11 12:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Was this meant to make weed look bad? Who gives a shit what they were arguing about? As if weeds the only stupid shit some drunkies killed someone over.

--------------------
nar mar mar

OfflineSandoz
Ridin that wave

Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: paranavar]
    #14030343 - 02/26/11 12:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

shoulda just logged on to growery or ic mag if it was that important.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: veggie]
    #14030464 - 02/26/11 01:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:huxleyfacepalm: Advertising on a public forum for all to see.  Brilliant!

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

InvisibleSykey
Oscar2dope
Male

Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: SuperD]
    #14030617 - 02/26/11 01:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Also: that motherfucker in the mugshot has the victim's blood (my assumption) all over his face and upper torso.

I dont think thats the victims blood, could be wrong but he's wearing a light blue shirt that has the blood on it and i would say thats probably a jail suit and therefore put on after he was arrested and away from the victim. 

p.s.  If your a drunk with multiple arrests, but more importantly if you tend to do EXTREME things at times when drinking, or get violent, do not have a gun.  Im not preaching about morals but if there was no gun this guy wouldn't have picked it up in a fit of drunken rage.  Protect yourself, lose the gun.

Offlinetraviedigital
Stranger

Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: Sykey]
    #14030645 - 02/26/11 02:05 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

it says in the article that he fell on his face in the jail cell and that is where the wound, and probably blood, is from

InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

#14030806 - 02/26/11 02:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veggie said:
Now if the situation was reversed and these two were high on cannabis while discussing methods of alcohol distillation this death, most likely, would not have happened.

Damn that's a perfect smartass response. Go potheads!!!!

Offlinedoses
Obsessive Purist
Male

Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #14031092 - 02/26/11 03:54 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Outdoor's better.

--------------------
:atom: :tripmolecule: :lsdabc: :tripmolecule: :atom:

Invisibledrr
Female
    #14031290 - 02/26/11 04:36 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Funny story
Jesus I've seen arguments like this go down at 4 am between drunk friends

I don't hang out with anybody that looks like that guy though

I wouldn't argue with any drunk asshole about the best way to grow pot. Whatever you say, guy, you know better than I, now pass the bong.

Offlinehightimesreader
Half assed question asker
 User Gallery

Loc: In the air conditioning
    #14031732 - 02/26/11 05:58 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

:awehigh:  :ilold:

--------------------
I'm hunting for The Following ethnos.
For experiments, hunting finds and any other contributions, check out My journal.
HTR

A new leaf turned over.. I'm too old for this shit.
:commonsense:

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: hightimesreader]
    #14031875 - 02/26/11 06:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Btw, he reminds me a lot of Chibbs from Sons of Anarchy.  Minus the scar, his beard is a bit longer and he's more authentic biker-looking.

--------------------

Offlinemaryanne3087
Stranger
    #14034679 - 02/27/11 07:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

veggie said:

This is probably true.

Offlinetwiztidthoughts
Stranger

Loc: Central Alabama
Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: doses]
    #14035266 - 02/27/11 11:03 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

doses said:
Outdoor's better.

Indoor. Dont make me shoot you in the fucking abdomen.

Offlinekelpfish
Stranger

Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: twiztidthoughts]
    #14035677 - 02/27/11 12:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

twiztidthoughts said:
Quote:

doses said:
Outdoor's better.

Outdoor is quality bud if u do it right
Sometimes Outdoor tastes a hell of a lot better then indoor.
:drunk:

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: kelpfish]
    #14035950 - 02/27/11 01:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kelpfish said:
Quote:

twiztidthoughts said:
Quote:

doses said:
Outdoor's better.

Indoors via soil ....

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinekelpfish
Stranger

Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: Brainiac]
    #14036440 - 02/27/11 02:52 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Brainiac said:
Quote:

kelpfish said:
Quote:

twiztidthoughts said:
Quote:

doses said:
Outdoor's better.

Indoors via soil ....

Awh nothing beats that lol...
Maybe organic hydro

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: kelpfish]
    #14036479 - 02/27/11 03:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

kelpfish said:

Maybe organic hydro

Organic hydro? That's an oxymoron if you ask me.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: drr]
    #14036483 - 02/27/11 03:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

drr said:
Quote:

kelpfish said:

Maybe organic hydro

Organic hydro? That's an oxymoron if you ask me.

It where you use usda og firts.... :cool:

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

OfflineRun
Questioning my existance
 User Gallery

Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: Brainiac]
    #14039265 - 02/27/11 10:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

haha outdoor bro

--------------------
You, me, this point in existence is undeniably so unique, we take everything for granite ,life , comprehension, feelings, thought, so accustomed to understanding that we've lost the meaning of fully understanding who we are..... we are the extra terrestrial, we are the unknown, we are the mystical...

Invisiblesetb
10th level beer nerd

Re: [TN] Hawkins man fatally shot during argument over best method to grow marijuana [Re: Run]
    #14040628 - 02/28/11 07:48 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

No way! Indoor organic soil is best! *throws bottle* YOU SOB :laser:.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck