Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewind_song
aborts = black caps?
    #380963 - 08/28/01 06:22 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

are pins that have black caps an accurate way to tell that they are aborts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecantara
Loc: Beyond the sun
Re: aborts = black caps? [Re: wind_song]
    #380973 - 08/28/01 06:38 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, by the time they are black it is usually very clear cut. Abhorts are easy to identify in relation to the "normal" mushrooms in a flush - i.e. if all the brothers and sisters have grown up, but there are still a few lingering around that are essentially pin size or a little bigger, those are abhorts. The cap will also darken eventually to black. Abhorts should be removed as soon as you are sure they are abhorts.

---- Cantara

When I was young I knew everything

--------------------
---- Cantara

[green]Shroomism, please don't delete this thread![/green]

InvisibleFungusFarmer
old hand

Re: aborts = black caps? [Re: cantara]
    #381024 - 08/28/01 08:01 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

In my experience they are easily noticed from their dark caps (already covered here) and a cap that tends to get very pointy. It may just be my experience, but when the caps are pointy they look "evil" and abort quickly. Maybe it's just some weird cakes I've had, and maybe the devil himself is beckoning me through the more potent aborts, but they do look spooky when they stop growing. You'll get good at spotting them eventually

:)

Grover

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What did you dream...it's all right we told you what to dream! Welcome, my son, to The Machine" Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "What did you dream...it's all right we told you what to dream! Welcome, my son, to The Machine" Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

Offlinetimmyonx
 User Gallery

But how can you be sure? [Re: cantara]
    #14028479 - 02/26/11 12:22 AM (13 years, 24 days ago)

So I just started fruiting this cake 5 days ago, and I already see small little black heads. It only happened today though them I shut my humidifier off. I also made large holes on the lid of my FC. Now I'm not sure if it's a contam, abort, or just " spores " from an adult. I dont' think any of them are old enough to spore though.  I turned off the humidifier so that some fresh air can help the gnarly looking guy, but in turn I come home to black caps. Ugh Someone HELP?

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: But how can you be sure? [Re: timmyonx]
    #14028861 - 02/26/11 03:06 AM (13 years, 24 days ago)

bro i think you can make that fruiting chamber 100x better without the humidifier.

take whatever that tub thing is.
drill 1/4" holes 2" apart on all 6 sides.
fill back up with damp perlite.

elevate off the ground. place towel beneath in case you didnt strain your perlite well enough.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck