Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

US forces suffer casualties
    #1402047 - 03/23/03 03:27 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

So you pro-war (bastards) happy when you read SHIT like this? There is even conflict between our troops now...

Fierce battle for Umm Qasr
Advancing American forces in Iraq have suffered dozens of casualties, with some troops taken prisoner, as they push towards the capital Baghdad.
Iraqi TV has broadcast pictures of at least four dead American soldiers and several prisoners - some of whom made statements.

The film is said to have been shot in Nasiriya - where the Americans say they are meeting tougher than expected resistance, and have reported four dead and 50 wounded.

US troops and armour are pushing north from the southern city of Basra and say they have reached the holy town of Najaf, just 160 kilometres (100 miles) from Baghdad.

But other American units are still engaged further south in fierce fighting.

More than 5,000 US Marines are battling at least 500 defending Iraqis for control of the main route through Nasiriya on the Euphrates river.

IRAQ CAMPAIGN

Map: Military operations

The BBC's Andrew North, at the Marine command post south of the Euphrates, says this is likely to be the heaviest casualty toll on the US side since American forces started their invasion of Iraq.

There are no official figures for Iraqi casualties in fighting on the ground, but a journalist travelling with American forces in the advance on Baghdad has estimated that about 100 Iraqi militiamen were killed in fighting overnight.

There has also been more fighting in the southern Iraqi port of Umm Qasr, two days after coalition forces first entered the town.

The confrontation began when a US Marine patrol came across a large group of Iraqi soldiers who had been hiding in a compound in the new port area.

The Iraqi Vice President, Taha Yassin Ramadan, has warned the Americans that they will meet resistance in every town they entered.

However, some correspondents report that elements of the northern coalition advance are encountering little resistance, with many local people waving and giving thumbs-up signals to advancing American armour.

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said the progress of coalition forces had been excellent, adding: "There are periodic instances when the resistance is quite stiff... the fact that there is a firefight, someone ought not to be surprised."

Prisoners of war?

Meanwhile, the International Red Cross has warned of a humanitarian emergency in Basra.

A spokesman told the BBC that water and electricity supplies to the city had been cut off for the last 48 hours.

Coalition planes carried out bombing raids overnight on remaining Iraqi forces in Basra. The Iraqi Government said 77 people were killed in the bombing.

Further bombing raids have been launched against Baghdad. There were a series of loud explosions in the city - two in the city centre, and several more on the outskirts.

There was no immediate word of any damage or casualties.

Above Baghdad, the skies remain dark and full of smoke, as Iraqi troops continue to set fire to oilfield trenches in an an attempt to confuse incoming bombers.

In another development, the Iraqi military authorities say that they have captured 35 American prisoners of war, and will show them on television.

The US has confirmed that some of its soldiers are missing in southern Iraq.

General Richard Myers, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said: "They are trying to account for the soldiers that are reported missing, and beyond that we don't know."

Asked how many soldiers were missing, he said: "Less than 10, we think."

In other developments:

Iraqi authorities search the Tigris River in Baghdad for coalition pilots said to have been seen ejecting over the city - but coalition spokesmen say none of their planes are missing

A British RAF Tornado aircraft is missing after being shot down by US Patriot missile batteries near the Kuwaiti border with Iraq

British intelligence reports suggest Iraqi President Saddam Hussein emerged alive from the initial US air raid on Baghdad but left the area in an ambulance, Foreign Office Minister Mike O'Brien says

A US soldier is arrested after one American soldier is killed and 12 others injured in a grenade attack at a US military camp in Kuwait

Four heavy bombs are dropped by US planes in northern areas controlled by the militant Islamist group Ansar al-Islam, which is suspected of having links with Osama Bin Laden's al-Qaeda network

Protests against the war in Iraq are continuing around the world for the fourth consecutive day.

Edited by angryshroom (03/23/03 03:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: angryshroom]
    #1402058 - 03/23/03 03:35 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

"A US soldier is arrested after one American soldier is killed and 12 others injured in a grenade attack at a US military camp in Kuwait "

i wonder what that's about.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: ]
    #1402083 - 03/23/03 03:45 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

He had a grudge against some other members of his group and rolled two grenades into their tent to teach them a lesson.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1402175 - 03/23/03 04:35 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

i remember in the first Gulf War we had a guy that was always fucking things up and causing trouble and we had him stay back and not move to the forward position, that really pissed him off. But this guy took it WAY too far and i think he should be charged with treason and executed.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineaYs
I am the light.

Loc: Texas
Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1402194 - 03/23/03 04:43 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

there will ALWAYS be casualties in war... but how would you feel if we did NOTHING and a chemical or biological weapon was set off and killed thousands of americans?

Anonymous

Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: aYs]
    #1402266 - 03/23/03 05:04 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

how would you feel if we did NOTHING and a chemical or biological weapon was set off and killed thousands of americans?

do you think that attacking iraq makes it:

a) more likely that we will be attacked by terrorists
b) less likely that we will be attacked by terrorists

?

OfflineaYs
I am the light.

Loc: Texas
    #1402276 - 03/23/03 05:07 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

b, if the us actually accomplishes its goal of disarming iraq

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1402284 - 03/23/03 05:09 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

do you think that attacking iraq makes it:

a) more likely that we will be attacked by terrorists
b) less likely that we will be attacked by terrorists

?

I would say A. If it were a threat then, it would be more of a threat now.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1402288 - 03/23/03 05:11 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Saddam and his sons are the only terrorist threat around???

As far as I know they have not even been caught planning a terrorist attack against the U.S.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1402457 - 03/23/03 06:16 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

So its ok to actually kill 1000's of Iraqi's on the off chance that a terrorist might one day attack the US, even though there is no compelling evidence this is going to happen? Even though by killing 1000's of Iraqi's we give terrorists a rich source of justification for attacking the West in the future?

How will you feel if this comes to pass?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Anonymous

#1402490 - 03/23/03 06:24 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

you think that the regime of saddam hussien, under the close scrutiny that can be directed at a government, is a greater threat than shadowy, unpredictable, and secretive terrorist groups?

how many times has saddam hussein's regime attacked us with terrorism?

saddam hussein was not behind the world trade center bombing. he wasn't behind the bombings of US embassies. he wasn't behind the attack on the USS Cole. he wasn't behind the 9-11 attacks.

these attacks were carried out by fanatical muslim terrorists, the very sort that this war is going to make really pissed off at us, and the sort that we really have no way of defending against.

we're alienating ourselves from the world, just when we need its help most. we're spending a hundred billion on a war (at least), just when our economy is seriously sagging. we're pissing off possible terrorists everywhere, right when their hatred of us didn't seem like it could get any more intense.

Edited by mushmaster (03/23/03 06:28 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: angryshroom]
    #1402509 - 03/23/03 06:30 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

So you pro-war (bastards) happy when you read SHIT like this?

You've set a new mark for personal stupidity with that comment.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1402522 - 03/23/03 06:33 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Quote:

So you pro-war (bastards) happy when you read SHIT like this?

You've set a new mark for personal stupidity with that comment.

It's about as stupid as saying that war protesters are pro-Saddam.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: silversoul7]
    #1402524 - 03/23/03 06:34 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

That's true which is why I never said that.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: silversoul7]
    #1402533 - 03/23/03 06:35 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

well there are many that have expressed a desire to see saddam win the war. One can only ask why.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1402542 - 03/23/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

but how would you feel if we did NOTHING and a chemical or biological weapon was set off and killed thousands of americans?

How would I FEEL or how would i react LOGICALLY?

I would FEEL outraged.

Logically it would only confirm my belief that Saddam needs to be eliminated.

Don't play the FEELINGS game with me, i think with my brain not with my heart. This is war and this is what happens.

you replied to me so i am assuming you were asking me this question. If you didn't mean to then ignore it.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: Xlea321]
    #1402911 - 03/23/03 09:25 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

I for one don't care to see more casualties due to helacopter crashes than actual fighting.

He had a grudge against some other members of his group and rolled two grenades into their tent to teach them a lesson.

....and he is an arab.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1402953 - 03/23/03 09:44 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

That's true which is why I never said that.

And by what logic is it that anti-war protesters are "pro-saddam". I'm anti-war AND anti-saddam. Pretty amazing, eh?

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1402960 - 03/23/03 09:48 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Don't play the FEELINGS game with me, i think with my brain not with my heart. This is war and this is what happens.

This may be the reason for war in the first place (I'm blaming everyone who's ever hurt anyone else, physically or mentally, I am not exempt either). Why not a combination of the two? Brain and heart?

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1403458 - 03/23/03 01:02 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

i have no problem with using the two, however logical scenerios are solved better with logical THINKING. This was my whole point towards the "KUMBIA" crowd out there who would rather stick a daisy in their asses and sit in a circle and sing "give peace a chance" while doing and solving absolutly NOTHING. If we sat the same way towards hitler, what would be the results?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: US forces suffer casualties [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1403466 - 03/23/03 01:05 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Can you not comprehend the words I didn't say that?

--------------------

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

#1403945 - 03/23/03 04:09 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

My mistake. No need for the hostility.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom