Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Tips for the first Trip?
    #1401720 - 03/22/03 10:03 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Okay. My friend recently aquired a hook up to buy some shrooms, and once we have them were going to shroom for the first time, both of us. We've both done acid before. Him many times, me just once. That once was a pretty bad experiece, mostly due to my mindset and surrondings at the time, in addition to the fact that I had no idea what to expect. So I saw some pretty bad stuff. I won't make that mistake again.

Instead this time I'm doing my research and am dong some heavy planning. So far this is what I have:

-The trip will start and peak outside around nature and trees and such. The rest will probably take place in my friend's house, which will be cleaned throroughly before even beginning.

-I will probably be smoking up at some point (probably well into it, definitely not before it begins).

-I'll probably do some meditation and mind packing before hand (i'm thinking of watching various discovery-channel type shows, mostly about space and black holes and nature, maybe read some Plato and Zen writings as well)

-At some point, we'll probably watch a movie, either Alice in Wonderland (yeah the disney one) or 2001: ASpace Odessy

-I'll definitely be taking some art with me to look at.

-Musically I'm just going to bring a bunch of different stuff to try out from classical to ambient to trip-hop

Does this all sound okay? Or am putting to much preperation into it?
What are some things I should try out? What are some things I should watch out for? And last but not least what are the key differenes between shrooms and acid?

(the last qustion is mostly because when i did acid and had my bad trip, which was really really bad, the worst part of it was the paranoia, that really got to me)

Thanks

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: Tips for the first Trip? [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1401734 - 03/22/03 10:21 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

nothing wrong with preparation.... watching TV is boring on  mushrooms though... i always feel robbed after I come down and I realise that the only thing I did was watch boring old TV... thats just me though... take it easy make it loose so that if something doesnt go to plan you wont get all sad or weird about it... just take it easy and be comfortable :smile: 

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1401793 - 03/22/03 11:07 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Sounds like you're pretty much prepared. Choice choice of movies, nice range of music, and a good place to start. Don't forget something to drink - Kool Aid, water, Powerade, anything to keep your fluids up. It sucks to be really thirsty on trips, and you'll feel better too. Things to watch out for - nausea on the onset. Don't worry too much about this. It will pass, and usually isn't that bad for most people. Best way to minimise that is either ginger capsules inbetween mouthfuls, or just make sure you chew up the shrooms really well to make it easier for your stomach to digest it all. Take something to wash it down with, OJ is quite nice, and covers the taste, and consider dipping you shrooms in chocolate, honey, peanut butter, etc if you're worried about the taste.
Other thing to remember is if you feel like you're wigging out, change of scenery, change of music, take a piss, drink some water, deep breathe and calm thoughts can help steer trips away from a full on bad trip.
The main differences between an acid trip and shroom trip are 1) Duration 2) Feeling of the trip. Hallucinations can be quiet different too. It's a familiar feeling of tripping, but at the same time, it's a completly different feeling too. You will see what I'm talking about once you're peaking :wink:
That's it really, you've got the rest planned anyways, so just go ahead and have a good time :grin: 

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1402529 - 03/23/03 06:35 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

dude I wouldn't recommend movies or television..... they'll distract you from yourself, and the "self" should certainly be on the spotlight.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineLostMetropolis

Re: Tips for the first Trip? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1402645 - 03/23/03 07:31 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

hmm, i'll probably save the movies for near the end then.

--------------------

OfflineHowardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: No left turn unstoned
    #1402671 - 03/23/03 07:39 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

i find that if i plan a trip it feel so fake. jsut letting things happen and doing whatever you feel like as the trip goes on feels better than trying to find some thing that 'would be cool on shrooms' you know what i'm saying?

OfflineLostMetropolis

Re: Tips for the first Trip? [Re: Howardo]
    #1402722 - 03/23/03 08:03 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

Well i'm not really planning it persay, just trying to keep my options open for certain things that might be interesting to experience. Most of it won't be planned.

--------------------

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
    #1403090 - 03/23/03 10:38 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

it's great not to have plans but you need a certain estructure to do whatever you feel like doing......rent movies, have some cds ready, have any sort of things readly avaliable for you, in case you wish do do this or that....

plan, but not everything.....

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
Re: Tips for the first Trip? [Re: marcosbj]
    #1403108 - 03/23/03 10:43 AM (21 years, 29 days ago)

and alwyas remember that you'll problably not use most of things you have ready......

a little growing butterfly will be much more interesting than a Picasso......
a frog making its sounds will be much better than Pink Floyd
and the sunrise is heaven if you compare it to 2001.....

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

OfflineLostMetropolis

Re: Tips for the first Trip? [Re: marcosbj]
    #1404010 - 03/23/03 04:29 PM (21 years, 29 days ago)

I like the idea that something can make such ordinary usually ignored things (or so felt by most of the media brainwashed public) more interesting than great works of manmade art.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies