Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
The people of Baghdad
    #1399451 - 03/21/03 10:14 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

This site give human faces to the victims of the war

http://www.nationalphilistine.com/

The email I received containing this url said a simple form of protest is to stick the pictures in public places eg. at your workplace, uni, etc.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: The people of Baghdad [Re: enotake2]
    #1399455 - 03/21/03 10:26 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Wheres the pics of the Kurds? I bet they wouldn't be smiling.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1399656 - 03/22/03 03:11 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Just think how much they'll be smiling with Saddam gone.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
Re: The people of Baghdad [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1399698 - 03/22/03 03:51 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

You guys in America...uhh, sorry, in the United States (America is a whole continent) have George W. for president, and you still manage to smile once in a while, don't you?
Would you still smile if some "democratic" power comes and "frees" you from your (unelected) president with loads of stupid intelligent bombs?

Just try to be a little less "americanocentrist".

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The people of Baghdad [Re: Aldous]
    #1400382 - 03/22/03 09:53 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

you're post made absolutly no sense. Do a little research before taking on something that you don't understand.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

#1400495 - 03/22/03 11:06 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

you're post made absolutly no sense.

arguments, please?

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1400512 - 03/22/03 11:19 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

i'm not sure it would be worth it.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1401268 - 03/22/03 05:14 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

(unelected)

He was elected. Every recount conducted (even after he was installed in office and it was over) confirmed it.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
    #1401313 - 03/22/03 05:32 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Just think how much they?ll be smiling with Saddam gone.

yeah right, if there?s anyone left.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1401321 - 03/22/03 05:36 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

It gets really old when people attack others and then just feign that the person posing the arguement is stupid yet offer no arguements... no nothing other then name calling.

I understood his post perfectly fine, perhaps its you that should not speak when you dont know.

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: The people of Baghdad [Re: rhizo]
    #1401385 - 03/22/03 06:01 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

yeah right, if there's anyone left.

oh god, get real.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1401683 - 03/22/03 09:21 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

You wouldn't be smiling if you were these people

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1401707 - 03/22/03 09:45 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

This kid looks pretty happy.

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: The people of Baghdad [Re: z@z.com]
    #1401881 - 03/23/03 12:31 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Now that's an extremely formal point of view. The recounts were a mess, admit it. He WAS elected, by 5 out of 9 judges in a board that had previously been appointed by his dad. But W. got some half a million votes LESS than his competitor, so he got elected with a minority of votes. First democratic flaw.
This minority was a minority within another minority, since about half of the population either don't see the point in voting anymore or have lost their civil rights to an iniquitous legal system (an overwhelming majority of those are poor: coincidence?). Second flaw.

So yes, from a very formal point of view, W. got elected by less than 25% of the population, but can you still, in good faith, call such an election truly democratic?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1401902 - 03/23/03 12:56 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Now that's an extremely formal point of view.

Wrong, it's a legal view as laid out by our constitution and various state laws.

Quote:

The recounts were a mess, admit it.

Of course they were. The Gore team tried to change the rules in the middle of the game. Add to that the fact that many in Florida are too stupid to vote.

Quote:

He WAS elected, by 5 out of 9 judges in a board that had previously been appointed by his dad.

They didn't elect anyone. They ruled on the various points raised by the Gore team, these points did not pass the constitutional challenge. Even after the fact most recounts, including the one specifically requested by the Gore team, showed Bush to be the winner.

Quote:

But W. got some half a million votes LESS than his competitor, so he got elected with a minority of votes. First democratic flaw.

It's only perceived as a flaw when the guy you wanted to win doesn't. That system has been in place for more than 200 years. Could it be better? Sure. If no candidate gets more than 50% of the vote in any given state, there should be a runoff in that state between the top two vote getters. After that the electoral system should come into play. And by the way, Klinton got less than 50% of the vote BOTH times this country was stupid enough to elect him.

Quote:

This minority was a minority within another minority, since about half of the population either don't see the point in voting anymore or have lost their civil rights to an iniquitous legal system (an overwhelming majority of those are poor: coincidence?). Second flaw.

Wrong again. Despite months of trying, no-one was shown to have been deprived of their right to vote.

Quote:

So yes, from a very formal point of view, W. got elected by less than 25% of the population, but can you still, in good faith, call such an election truly democratic?

Yes you can and yes it was. The fact that many do not vote is not a reflection of the system, it's the result of people being too lazy or stupid to vote.

Since your location is shown as Belgium, your ignorance of these matters is excusable. Sadly, many who are from this country and should be aware, and many are, have no excuse for the endless lying about that election.

Bush won, and he won fair and square.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (03/23/03 12:58 AM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: The people of Baghdad [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1401970 - 03/23/03 02:06 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Yes you can and yes it was. The fact that many do not vote is not a reflection of the system, it's the result of people being too lazy or stupid to vote.

No you can't and no it wasn't. The fact that many people do not vote is simply that they feel there is no difference whatsoever between the corporate puppet on the "left" like Gore and Clinton or the corporate puppet on the right like Shrub.

People are more interested in politics than ever as the millions of people out demonstrating clearly show. They just don't feel the two government choices they have are worth voting for.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1402073 - 03/23/03 03:40 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Just think how much they?ll be smiling with Saddam gone.

yeah right, if there?s anyone left.

The US has been bombing the Governmental Quadrant of the city, if anyone was stupid enough to enter that section, they?re just helping out Darwin?s theory.

Enotake2, What was the point of the origional link? I don?t see how posting those pics would be a form of protest.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1402153 - 03/23/03 04:25 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

it has been reported that those streets are pretty much evacuated (due to the leaflets and radio broadcasts the coilition troops have used). No matter how much you hate the United States you're ignorant propaganda seems to be falling on deaf ears. You're blind hatred towards us does nothing but fuel OUR desire to right the wrongs that people like you can't or aren't willing to do.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The people of Baghdad [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1402160 - 03/23/03 04:28 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

no nothing other then name calling

sometimes it's necessary to point out the short-commings of others.

oh and quit yer whining...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1402182 - 03/23/03 04:38 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

But W. got some half a million votes LESS than his competitor, so he got elected with a minority of votes. First democratic flaw.

In our REPUBLIC we have this thing called the electoral college. If you are really interested you could learn about it.

I am not saying it is the best way to handle our elections in our new democracy,
But it is our prescribed way of electing our leaders per the constitution.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder