Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

This so-called society
    #1400828 - 03/22/03 01:48 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

What the fuck is wrong with people on this planet? Why can't anyone interact with other people without manipulating, using, or possessing them? People are so stuck up these days they won't even look at you in the eye as you pass them on the street. Because of course, if you were to make eye contact with that loser walking past you, they'd get the "wrong idea" and think you were a friendly open person. Bull-fucking-shit. People constantly have this model image of themselves in their head that they must maintain at all times, their "reputation" to uphold. GOD FORBID anyone make friends with someone who doesn't fit in their social circle. The absolute WORST part of it all is people constantly making assumptions about you.

Example: I'm at a club. I'm doing my own thing, going nuts on the dancefloor, which to me is the best thing in the world. Most people there will automatically ASSUME that I'm there to pick up members of the opposite sex, or to show off, when neither could be FARTHER from the truth. Why can I not enjoy simply dancing to music I love, without having an ulterior motive? There's a "hot chick" next to me who's so paranoid that she MOVES AWAY because she thinks I'm trying to get with her. Then there's a guy who thinks I'm trying to one-up him in some sort of make-believe dance competition, so he stares me down with needle-eyes. Jesus christ.

Maybe I'm too honest and genuine for this society. People think I have ulterior motives for my actions simply because they do. They simply DON'T KNOW how to interact with people without getting something out of it for themselves.

Yes I'm having a bad day. I'm having a bad week. But it's not bad enough that I won't chat you up if you pull your head out of your ass long enough to say "hi" to me on the street.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: This so-called society [Re: ]
    #1400840 - 03/22/03 01:57 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

just try and think about how me, or shroomism or mostly any other member of this board would react when they saw you on the street, or in that bar... puts a smile on your face, doesnt it?  :grin:
keep your head up, man... not everyone is like that and you know it...

--------------------

Edited by In(di)go (03/22/03 01:57 PM)

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: This so-called society [Re: In(di)go]
    #1400869 - 03/22/03 02:18 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

just do like me...who gives a fuck what other people think...do waht makes you happy and fuck anyone who thinks bad of you...you dont need those assholes anyways...fuck em

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1400984 - 03/22/03 03:04 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

man just dance..... you're letting these people spoil your "zone."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
Re: This so-called society [Re: Strumpling]
    #1401053 - 03/22/03 03:34 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

sorry to be blunt but see the illusion as an illusion. There is no such thing as a highly evolved society, unless there is, it can never work. God can either come together or fall apart, he doesnt like to keep jumping around and shit. he says fuck the body man im outa this shit, this illusion.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #1401250 - 03/22/03 05:07 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Max headroom, I see exactly where you are coming from. Most people are to caught up in acting in the manner in which they think others want them to act,  that they lose sight of their true self. Everywhere you look you see people doing it. Take clothing as a small example. Most people dress, not in a manner that might be comfortable, or with any realization of the true purpose of clothes (to keep your body temperature comfortable imho), but in clothing that they think that others expect them to be wearing. Womens magazines, and T.V tell women (and men for that matter) how to dress, how to act, how to attract the opposite sex, etc, and its taken as gospel. Its kind of like Peer Group pressure working on a grand scale!!

!I know I was beginning to lose site of my true motivations, and without even realising, acting in the ways in which I thought other people (or society) expected me to act. Thankfully a particularly introspective and unexpected trip on LSD gave me the wake-up call that i needed.

Ultimately though, there is nothing wrong with these people, they have simply fallen victim to the propaganda machine of society. Given the right experience, im sure they could come to similar realizations, and realize their true selves. I think rather than judging them,  its our duty in a way to show them the truth. Keep looking people in the eyes and saying hi as you pass them on the street!!

Now I act exactly how I want, talk the truth,  . Basically I dont care what others think of me, how they interpret my motivations, because at the end of the day, it doesnt really matter. Who gives a fuck what they think, be yourself, forget about them, and be free!

(Im sure my point could have been explained a bit better and put a bit more eloquently, but im not the best at explaining my beliefs )  :confused: 

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
Re: This so-called society [Re: jono]
    #1401347 - 03/22/03 05:49 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

"Ultimately though, there is nothing wrong with these people, they have simply fallen victim to the propaganda machine of society. Given the right experience, I'm sure they could come to similar realizations, and realize their true selves. I think rather than judging them, its our duty in a way to show them the truth. Keep looking people in the eyes and saying hi as you pass them on the street!! "

Very well put jono. I think this is a very important point to keep in mind. These people are the way they are because society has made them afraid to open up and be friendly. This is what they see and do everyday, so it becomes routine. "Don't say Hi, don't smile, don't treat people how you would like to be treated." Only by doing these simple things everyday, can we expect to make a difference in the over all social attitude. Keep Smiling!

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: This so-called society [Re: MentalHygene]
    #1401528 - 03/22/03 07:15 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

after reading the celestine prophecy, i feel I have a better understanding of the concept you present.

its all a power struggle. the average person these days has zero happiness, or close to it - and therefore most of his actions are to gain happiness, or energy to acquire happiness.

You cant really blame then, I doubt they realize what they are doing, its more of a conditioned reaction

How to fight it? catch people off their gaurds, but do so with love and true intentions.....negatively will never solve something for good

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
    #1401952 - 03/23/03 01:48 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

About making eye contact and smiling at people.. I do not do it. I'm too used to the phonies at the workplace smiling at me every time I pass them in the hall. People who will gossip about someone and then talk to them like friends a second later. I will not give them the satisfaction of a smile, or direct eye contact unless I have too.

Manipulation, coercement, slander, and so on. It is sick, but every being is locked in a power struggle. At least in the plant and animal kingdom survival is the dominant controlling factor. Not so for humans in 'mainstream society'. Survival is second to following the rules.

Invisiblexganon
polydrug abuser
Loc: here
    #1402493 - 03/23/03 06:25 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

These people are sleepwalking. Ignore them and let them act out their phantasmal dreams if you wish to remain invisible.

--------------------
Please remove all dollar signs from my listed contact information

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1402608 - 03/23/03 07:12 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

not everybody is like that man. i went to ultra 5 (big electronic music event) last night, and everyone was nice there, mebbe some people were looking for fights, or were worried that others were trying to get with them, but that's only their problems. it's their insecurities and the common systematic inhibitions forced upon us by society as we make our way into the world. oh well. me and my friend were dancing to some drum'n'bass with chicks, with guys, with whoknowswhat, and there wasnt any hostility.

what kinda club was this? the kind people drink and fight at?

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1403914 - 03/23/03 03:55 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

You need to go to raves instead of clubs. Clubs are for people looking to hook up. Raves are for people who dance for the sake of dancing. Of course, many people there will assume you're rolling, but it's not like they'll be bothered by that, and neither should you.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: This so-called society [Re: silversoul7]
    #1404305 - 03/23/03 06:34 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

I recommend psytrance parties over conventional 'raves'  :smirk:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1404846 - 03/24/03 03:18 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Perhaps you are assuming what other people are thinking a little too much?
Perhaps the person in the street just doesnt notice?
Perhaps the girl just wanted to move away?
Perhaps the guy wasnt actually staring at you?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: This so-called society [Re: Strumpling]
    #1405251 - 03/24/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

I recommend psytrance parties over conventional 'raves'  :smirk: 

Sounds cool.  I've never been to one myself.  How are they different(besides the music, of course)?  Is there more acid there?  Fewer E-tards?

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: This so-called society [Re: silversoul7]
    #1405446 - 03/24/03 07:52 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

E-tards! I like that. I like to get E-tarded when im raving!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: This so-called society [Re: GazzBut]
    #1405620 - 03/24/03 08:51 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Ecstacy is old news for me. I mean, sure I had some great times when I was on it, but I just don't need that shit anymore.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: This so-called society [Re: entiformatie]
    #1406126 - 03/24/03 12:11 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

what kinda club was this? the kind people drink and fight at?

yeah just like every other club.

Anonymous

Re: This so-called society [Re: GazzBut]
    #1406127 - 03/24/03 12:12 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Perhaps I'm paranoid?

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1406419 - 03/24/03 01:58 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

man, stay away from clubs like that. get to some drum'n'bass raves, where people are there to dance, not fuck. no e-tards (although i don't mind e-tards at all, most people do).

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom