Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
dowsing
    #1398535 - 03/21/03 12:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

A friend of mine showed me this technique of future prediction called dowsing. What you do is hold a chain with a weight on the end (or I found a necklace without a weight works fine) just over your palm so it is not touching it and ask the chain to show you 'yes' then show you 'no'. It will swing eg. left and right for no, and round in cirles for 'yes'. Then ask it questions. I found it works really well for things that have already happened but no better than chance for future questions. Mind you I am not really psychic. Though the amazing thing is that I really don't feel that I am contolling the swing. Anyway, don't comment till you've tried it, and tell me what you think, ie if you think you are controlling the swing, and if it works for you.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: dowsing [Re: enotake2]
    #1398868 - 03/21/03 03:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

well, what about things that already have happened that you know about but somebody else doesn't know about... you give somebody else the dowsing rod and let them ask the question, you'll know the answer. remove yourself and have 2 other people try both ways, now you're getting even more scientific....
there are tests you can perform to find out if there is a positive correlation or not...

i can say that you're probably subtly influencing the dowsing rod, and do not notice it with your conscious attention, but why believe me? it's all statistics and probabilities.

research, research, research.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: dowsing [Re: enotake2]
    #1400299 - 03/22/03 09:03 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

When i lived in Montana, at one point my stepdad wanted to drill a well on our property when we were living with him. He hired a local dowser that the community would call on whenever they wanted a well. Since we lived in a cult communty, the guy got plenty of business.

So the guy comes out one day, dressed like a ranch man, gut spilling out behind his leather vest. Old, worn comboy hat and boots, and he breaks out a string with some sort of balance weight on the end. He starts walking all around the property swing this weight around in circles perpendicular to the ground. When he would walk over certain spots, the weight would start spinning faster. Eventually, he seemed to home in on a spot and after a little while the weight was spinning so fast that it was cutting the foot tall grass and sending it flying all around him. It was pretty funny to see.

I don't know how legit the guy was. We drilled the well and got water. Dowsing is a very old tradition and there may be some degree of legitimacy to it. But it's most likely a thing of man influencing his experiments with some other knowledge.

OfflineKathaneal
Stranger
Re: dowsing [Re: Viveka]
    #1417251 - 03/29/03 07:09 PM (21 years, 23 days ago)

|This is a cool intriguing subject that I experimented with months back. There are gifted ones I've heard specalized find missing persons, water, and lost items. while I"m not one of them but I appreciated the systematic approach in the use of pendulums. My sessions had pages of checking to go through. Real anal diagnostics programmed like programming language. My answers were divided into types, percentages, expertise, values, and accuracy. I used various types of pendulums to find out the differences of abilities: (ie: carnelian, amethyst, obsidian, rose quartz, etc..)

The depth of my program was high-level because of the types of information were complex. I only had one other dowser to help corroborate the information. The main problem with my dowsing was pinpointing the sources of corruptions (ie: EMF radiation) because one can easily be tricked. Dowsing is a tricky game and the line is thin between insight and deception. Many times I have been tricked. However, I always figure the tricks out.

In short dowsing was an eye-opener. I saw the possibilities and the dangers..

--K

Jump to top Pages: 1