Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHarri

Favorite Mescaline Extraction * 1
    #14001528 - 02/21/11 01:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Been contemplating on doing an extraction and saw that 69Ron's D-Limonene Mescaline Extraction looks like a good place to start, and I realized I know very little to nothing about these extractions and would love to hear the Shroomery's opinion on the matter so...

What's your favorite way to extract this magical stuff and personally what do you feel to be the most efficient mescaline extraction? :shrug:

Edited by Harri (02/21/11 01:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: Harri]
    #14001542 - 02/21/11 01:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well I also agree with 69ron's method that's the only one I use now actually.

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: Harri]
    #14001614 - 02/21/11 01:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

69Rons D-Limo tek on 100 grams of San Pedro powder sucks compared to an Everclear extraction or a tea of the same amount of cactus.  I mean, it feels like Diet Mescaline.  I've done the extraction many times I don't think it gets all the mescaline or the other goodies.  It's always weak as shit even at high doses.  It's just not efficient and I suspect it extracts more of the other chemicals while leaving a lot of the mescaline behind.

I'm a big fan the Everclear extraction where you pack the dried tar into gelcaps.  It can get expensive though with Everclear, but we're all rich, right?  Some people use isopropyl alcohol but I don't.

Lately I've been making a tea, boiling it down to half a shot glass, pouring it out on a glass plate and evaporating it into a powder.  If I use two feet of bridgesii, I'll get 20 gelcaps of powder.  10 pills and I am on the edge of too much.

Fuck San Pedro.  Buy bridgesii if you want strong trips and consistency with a much smaller amount of material to work with and consume.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

InvisibleHarri

Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: Eminence]
    #14001619 - 02/21/11 01:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

How did it turn out? What was your starting material and what did you end up with?

Also anyone know how to convert mescaline acetate to sulfate?

InvisibleHarri

Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: joemolloy]
    #14001633 - 02/21/11 01:57 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
69Rons D-Limo tek on 100 grams of San Pedro powder sucks compared to an Everclear extraction or a tea of the same amount of cactus.  I mean, it feels like Diet Mescaline.  I've done the extraction many times I don't think it gets all the mescaline or the other goodies.  It's always weak as shit even at high doses.  It's just not efficient and I suspect it extracts more of the other chemicals while leaving a lot of the mescaline behind.

I'm a big fan the Everclear extraction where you pack the dried tar into gelcaps.  It can get expensive though with Everclear, but we're all rich, right?  Some people use isopropyl alcohol but I don't.

Lately I've been making a tea, boiling it down to half a shot glass, pouring it out on a glass plate and evaporating it into a powder.  If I use two feet of bridgesii, I'll get 20 gelcaps of powder.  10 pills and I am on the edge of too much.

Fuck San Pedro.  Buy bridgesii if you want strong trips and consistency with a much smaller amount of material to work with and consume.

How does Bridgesii compare to Peruvian torch?

InvisibleEminence
Male

#14001651 - 02/21/11 01:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe you're not doing it right :shrug: I've done pretty much all the teks and had the best results with 69ron's way.

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: Harri] * 1
    #14001659 - 02/21/11 02:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Acetate, sulfate, it's all pale soup compared to a good water or alcohol extraction.  The colors are so pronounced, the visions so vivid, and the headfuck so ecstatic when doing more traditional extractions.  I know, to each his own and there are proponents on both sides, but damn, I felt cheated after finally making a strong tea with nothing but water and dried to a powder.  69Rons tek is like throwing my mescaline in the garbage.  Your mileage may vary, enjoy either way.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

InvisibleHarri

#14001718 - 02/21/11 02:08 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm curious to why it'd be so weak, is it from lack of mescaline or other alkaloids?

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: joemolloy] * 1
    #14001725 - 02/21/11 02:09 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've had strong torch and weak torch.  I've never had weak bridgesii.  Once you try it, you'll think San Pedro is a scam and pity fools who use it.

--------------------

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

#14003585 - 02/21/11 07:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

back on the cactus train i see :wutermelon:

my favorite and most effective method so far is what malloy is talking about. Except I used a lemon for its citric acid during brewing.

I want to try the limonene tek with hcl instead of acetate and see where that takes me some day. It appears that you can get some relatively pure mescaline hcl with minimal use of hazardous materials.

As far as alcohol extractions go I've heard a lot of skepticism over the method. Some say its great and some say ney. It seems pretty easy though so maybe i'll give it a go one of these times

--------------------
================

Edited by floatingwater (02/21/11 08:00 PM)

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: floatingwater] * 3
    #14003699 - 02/21/11 08:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Good god, joemolloy, way to be overly negative about something that is a matter of preference...

Fuck this, fuck that, this is bullshit, this sucks....

To the OP: try the limo extraction, but only if you have tried fresh cactus before. It's true nothing quite compares to a good brew from some fresh stuff.

Don't listen to any of this ridiculous noise telling you that one sp. of cactus is better than another. It's obviously about personal preference. I personally don't prefer bridgesii to either pedro or torch.

Also, I've said it before a million times: cactus and mescaline are DIFFERENT, and one shouldn't expect the same effects from them. Yes, mescaline can be a lot more laid back than cactus even at high doses, but if one knows how to work with the chemical, one can achieve states of mind that are difficult to access with a full spectrum cactus extraction.

It also depends on whether you continue with 69ron's MEK purification process to obtain pure mescaline, or whether you keep your product as a full spectrum brown sludge.

The goopy brown stuff will not be at uniform dosage. Sometimes 300mg of it will really hit you intensely while sometimes even 400 or more can be on the low end. It is not of predictable potency if it is not purified.

So please, do experiment with different methods of preparation.

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

InvisibleHarri

Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #14004117 - 02/21/11 09:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:
Good god, joemolloy, way to be overly negative about something that is a matter of preference...

To the OP: try the limo extraction, but only if you have tried fresh cactus before. It's true nothing quite compares to a good brew from some fresh stuff.

Don't listen to any of this ridiculous noise telling you that one sp. of cactus is better than another. It's obviously about personal preference. I personally don't prefer bridgesii to either pedro or torch.

Also, I've said it before a million times: cactus and mescaline are DIFFERENT, and one shouldn't expect the same effects from them. Yes, mescaline can be a lot more laid back than cactus even at high doses, but if one knows how to work with the chemical, one can achieve states of mind that are difficult to access with a full spectrum cactus extraction.

It also depends on whether you continue with 69ron's MEK purification process to obtain pure mescaline, or whether you keep your product as a full spectrum brown sludge.

The goopy brown stuff will not be at uniform dosage. Sometimes 300mg of it will really hit you intensely while sometimes even 400 or more can be on the low end. It is not of predictable potency if it is not purified.

So please, do experiment with different methods of preparation.

Most helpful response so far, Thanks man! +5

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14005814 - 02/22/11 03:57 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:

Keep in mind there are always threads about people who are disappointed with their San Pedro trip either because it was weak or a total dud.  They pop up all the time here on the shroomery. 

You'll never see a thread where someone was disappointed with bridgesii.

As far as one species being better, eat two feet of San Pedro to take you where one skinny foot of bridgesii will take you.

--------------------

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
    #14006212 - 02/22/11 07:47 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

my best Trichocereus experience was from combining pedro and bridgesii. Boiled it up the old-fashioned way over a small campfire. Amazingly visual, but almost overwhelming in the mental department. I also ended up drinking double my portion because my buddy declined on his cup of goop. :tongue2:

I love the 69 ron tek to death but none of my acetate experiences were stronger than the ones i had on tea or alcohol extract.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: joemolloy] * 1
    #14006759 - 02/22/11 10:58 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, the only time I ever tried bridgesii I boiled up a foot and a half then dry heaved my guts out for a couple hours. This was followed by a really amazing, incredible trip, but still.... I've never had physical effects like that from pedro or torch even at very strong doses. I've seen people who have, though.

Plus, if you look at potency as the only valuable trait of the cactus, you are missing out on the unique character of each one. Bridgesii is very, very potent.... but I'm sure you know that it sometimes actually contains less mescaline than the others, while still being stronger. It has other alkaloids that significantly affect the strength - so what you are experiencing is not just mescaline, but actually a synergy of dozens of compounds.

San pedro and torch usually have more mescaline than other alkaloids, and are therefore better used for an extraction that seeks to isolate mescaline from other alkaloids.

Pure mescaline isn't a very overwhelming psychedelic. Like b. caapi, it requires that one puts focus into the experience. It will not fully unfold if one merely sits back and waits for effects. In my experience, the other alkaloids add a degree of depth and overtness to the experience, but at the expense of a sort of clarity that pure mesc provides. It's an LSD-like clarity, but it can be muddied by other alkaloids. I like a good mix of the clarity and the depth, which is why I prefer san pedro!

And again, the synergy that comes about from carefully preparing a fresh cactus specimen, no matter what the species, and cooking it traditionally is a totally different thing to me than an alkaloid extraction.

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14007417 - 02/22/11 01:11 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Pure mescaline isn't a very overwhelming psychedelic. Like b. caapi, it requires that one puts focus into the experience. It will not fully unfold if one merely sits back and waits for effects. In my experience, the other alkaloids add a degree of depth and overtness to the experience, but at the expense of a sort of clarity that pure mesc provides. It's an LSD-like clarity, but it can be muddied by other alkaloids. I like a good mix of the clarity and the depth, which is why I prefer san pedro!

And again, the synergy that comes about from carefully preparing a fresh cactus specimen, no matter what the species, and cooking it traditionally is a totally different thing to me than an alkaloid extraction.

I agree with that, Reo.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

#14007446 - 02/22/11 01:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Funnily enough, I just came here to ask you guy about 69rons tek. Is there any way around getting a seperatory funnel or one of those gravy things he talks about? For an experiment that I *might* end up fucking up, thats quite a bit of money to drop for science that I'll probably only do once.

Male User Gallery

Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: RasJeph]
    #14007536 - 02/22/11 01:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Vinegar freezes, limonene does not.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

#14018710 - 02/24/11 08:23 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, too cool. So, I could freeze and then just pour off? Would any (harmful) residue be leftover?

Also, can anyone suggest a place to buy limonene online? I can't seem to find it except for in powder form (and I want liquid according to the tek).

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: RasJeph]
    #14018766 - 02/24/11 08:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I did a quick search for ya and came up with this. I don't know what the average price is for d-limonene but $60 for a gallon seems expensive, but I wouldn't know since I haven't seen much at all to compare it to. I also haven't seen or done the tek in a while, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't need more than a gallon.

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14043034 - 02/28/11 03:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:

After this weekend, I have to proudly stand by my original anger filled rant:  Fuck San Pedro.

I had several logs of fat, thick, old San Pedro cuttings that looked like the perfect picture of an obese mescaline bearing cactus. I chopped them, dried them out, and then did an Everclear extraction.  Keep in mind I've done Everclear extractions many times with success.  The result from 100 grams of dried San Pedro powder was tar that I stuffed into ten gelcaps which I ate.  Almost nothing happened.  Maybe a shift in mood, but that's about it.

San Pedro is hit or miss and when I put aside a whole day to trip on mescaline and days of prep work, I want a definite, unadulterated cactus trip.  San Pedro has disappointed me one too many times and I am swearing that bitch off.  Bridgesii forever.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#14043047 - 02/28/11 03:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Umm....

One has to ask.... where do you get your SP? I have never had a dud with pedro.

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14043093 - 02/28/11 03:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

This batch was from a famous auction site.  If you would have seen these, you would have bought them too.  I got hundreds of feet of San Pedro, Torch and Bridgesii thriving in the ground in my yard.  Some are active, some are not with the Pedro.  All bridgesii are active.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#14045169 - 02/28/11 08:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I definitely envy you!

I am a very poor cactus grower :frown: and I do not believe they would survive in the ground here.

--------------------

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

#14045694 - 02/28/11 10:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:

I am a very poor cactus grower :frown:

:yoda:

compute, this do not

Cactus has got to be one of the most forgiving plants out there. Even when I forget to water them they still just sit there and chill and grow spines and be green and sit there and did I mention, just sit there.

Here is one of my project plants.

Strangely, before I've come to know these plants a little better I procured an allotment of bridgesii cuttings that were not so well taken care of and oddly put through a strong rooting regimen and then stripped of their soil- then probably stored in a dimly lit room for several months. Not gonna mention any names but when I got these things I didn't know any better but they were definitely in poor shape. Ate the most beautiful looking ones and decided to grow out the gnarled ones. Don't ask me why, that's just what felt right.

Notice the blue-er growth at the top 2 to 3 inches due to a new home and climate change. I originally had planned to chop these rescue plants after a season and grow them back from stubs, but I'm enjoying their presence so I'm hesitant to bring them down now that I've begun growing them.

--------------------
================

Edited by floatingwater (02/28/11 10:06 PM)

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: floatingwater]
    #14046344 - 03/01/11 12:19 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry your sp was bunk joe.I think you're too hard on psychedelics though. LOL they're bullshit if you trip and bullshit if you don't there's just no winning with you. Maybe just try to be optimistic for a change

I'm just kidding

My first try it was bunk too. But then I found these three for sale at a home depot a couple years ago and they are pretty potent. I plan on keeping them growing for years and just taking a foot or two off every year or so. Maybe replant a couple tops and multiply. I think I got some really good cactus genetics. If I can keep them going for ten years or something, it would just make me so damn proud to be able to share the cactus with great friends at the perfect time.

And I have to agree with floatingwater that cactus is too easy to grow. I forgot about mine for a year, it just sat out there. It got too dry, then it got too wet in the winter. It got too cold and stopped growing for a while. The tops where I cut them had filled with rain water, then went black and moldy. I had given up on them. But then the sun came out and they overcame. The mold dried up and the cactus won, each cut produced new growths, two each, and now those are each 1 foot tall and growing fast. All the while I've been completely ignoring them other than to just look once in a while. They get some water when it rains and they're fine for most of the time that it doesn't. In the summer you want to water them more often, but even then, like a couple times a week, just whenever the soil gets too dry. They will grow through anything unless you live somewhere freezing, you just put it in a 50/50 sand/soil mixture and leave it alone.

I haven't tried a mescaline extraction yet. I did the crude isopropyl alcohol tar thing and it served its purpose but I really want to try a real extraction so I can dose by weight, and admittedly maybe so I could show a few people the pure mescaline crystals that I extracted myself.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: drr]
    #14046865 - 03/01/11 03:54 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

drr said:
Sorry your sp was bunk joe.I think you're too hard on psychedelics though. LOL they're bullshit if you trip and bullshit if you don't there's just no winning with you. Maybe just try to be optimistic for a change

I'm just kidding

My San Pedro's avatar in magicland says "Fuck Joe Molloy".  I think that DMT is pretty pissed at me too.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

#14047932 - 03/01/11 10:58 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

HAHA

San Pedro:  "Goddam, it's like every time joemolloy eats me, nothing happens. I can't descend my spirit into his body AT ALL! Fucking waste of my time...."

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14048472 - 03/01/11 01:13 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:
HAHA

San Pedro:  "Goddam, it's like every time joemolloy eats me, nothing happens. I can't descend my spirit into his body AT ALL! Fucking waste of my time...."

You know for all my bitching about psychedelics and their lack of meaning, mysticism, profoundness, and introspection, I must admit that this was all really cemented during one powerful trip.  One time on oral DMT I was just slammed with the feeling that psychedelics and all of my thoughts were rationalized bullshit in order to continue taking drugs.  Actually my life is better now because of this "realization."  I have a much firmer grip on reality and no longer live in a hyperspatial tinged universe.  These posts are therapy for me, I think.

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14048486 - 03/01/11 01:16 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Oh, back on topic with this thread.  The cactus from that Everclear extraction that didn't work out was also made into a tea.  I brewed 100 dried grams of the San Pedro from the same order and evaporated it into 20 capsules of powder.  I'm curious to see how the water extraction of the weak San Pedro compares to the Everclear extraction from the same batch.  Saturday I'll test it.

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
    #14049387 - 03/01/11 04:06 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
I've had strong torch and weak torch.  I've never had weak bridgesii.  Once you try it, you'll think San Pedro is a scam and pity fools who use it.

QFT

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

#14050186 - 03/01/11 06:15 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

ReoSpeedwagon153 said:
HAHA

You know for all my bitching about psychedelics and their lack of meaning, mysticism, profoundness, and introspection, I must admit that this was all really cemented during one powerful trip.  One time on oral DMT I was just slammed with the feeling that psychedelics and all of my thoughts were rationalized bullshit in order to continue taking drugs.  Actually my life is better now because of this "realization."  I have a much firmer grip on reality and no longer live in a hyperspatial tinged universe.  These posts are therapy for me, I think.

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Oh, back on topic with this thread.  The cactus from that Everclear extraction that didn't work out was also made into a tea.  I brewed 100 dried grams of the San Pedro from the same order and evaporated it into 20 capsules of powder.  I'm curious to see how the water extraction of the weak San Pedro compares to the Everclear extraction from the same batch.  Saturday I'll test it.

I don't get it... You don't find any inherent value in your psychedelic experiences and came to the conclusion that its all worthless bullshit, yet you are still eating cactus?

I guess its purely recreational to you or something? Your two posts above seem contradictory to me

--------------------
================

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Favorite Mescaline Extraction [Re: floatingwater]
    #14050390 - 03/01/11 06:46 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Oh, tripping is still a damn good time, but I don't treat it any differently than I would treat getting drunk or stoned.  Letting myself get wrapped in psychedelic mind games wasn't healthy for me.  It's pure recreation, like masturbation.  I'll smoke some changa on occasion, gave up oral DMT, but still like a good cactus trip.  Mescaline is an nice all day high that doesn't seem to fuck with me the way DMT, shrooms, or LSA does.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals