Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Mudvayne and IN FLAMES Concert (Energy)
    #1394957 - 03/20/03 09:01 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Hey Everyone.
This Tuesday I went with four friends to see a Mudvayne and IN FLAMES concert up in Milwaukee. I have a lot that I want to share on this, as it was quite the night.
IN FLAMES was great, they are my favorite band, and seeing them is always a pleasure. (albeit they didn't get NEAR enough time).
Anyways, this revolves around Mudvayne. We were at the edge of the moshpit when Mudvayne was playing, and we ended up with the people in the pit when everyone packed up front. Mudvayne came out and everyone went fucking crazy: everyone packed into the front as tight as they could, and people were getting pushed in all sorts of directions. My shoes became instantly untied and to stay standing was quite the trouble. I was very fucking thirsty and had to piss. I probably would have got knocked down if it wasn't for my big friend, who weighs at least 350 lbs. I held onto his back the whole time, and once he almost came down on top of me. By the third song, he flipped out and decided he needed to get out of there (I was thinking the same, but I wasn't going to try leaving). So he turned around and tried plowing through everyone, and I'm holding onto his back, basically riding him out. At first people would push us back in, thinking we were just getting pushed in that direction, and the farther we got out, the more people would step aside to let us out. (One guy that was right next to us when we were in, when we made it out, he was on a strecher getting his arm wrapped up)
For the rest of their show I stood at a distance, watching the band and the crowd and what was going on. I started to realize the power that was being circulated here. I mean, there's the band, who saved up their energy to let it all come out in their music. Playing an instrument flawlessy takes a lot of focus and energy in the first place; making a physical show of it more. Then there is the energy of the instruments and the amplification and the light system. There is the hundreds of people that show up to celebrate the band's music by yelling, screaming, headbanging, pushing, moshing, or even just flying the signs. Two different areas of energy develop, centered around the stage and the audience. As the night progresses, an exchange between the two areas develops and grows, combining. Eventually the energy being passed back and forth reaches a point where it surpasses the amount of energy that initially existed. This extra energy keeps growing exponetially, building to a climax. (some of the most intense parts were in the fastest songs, the more popular and favored songs, when the crowd goes fucking nuts and the strobes lights keep flickering faster and faster... hehe). The singer, before the last song, thanks everyone for coming and listening, giving them the oppurtunity to build connections and spread some energy. They play Dig, everyone is almost blinded from the intense energy, and everyone leaves on the biggest fucking energy rush ever.
On our way back, we smoked two bowls and relaxed. I went into the most advanced mind state I have ever been in (even better than the last time I did mushrooms. of course, back then, i was just awakening in consciousness and that trip made me aware. i haven't tripped forever, but I have been working sober and while high on advancing. who knows how far i'll get when i trip in about a month....). I had so much power with in me, I was overwhelmed. I realized that I was free from this life in every shape and form. I might have been in a car riding back from a concert, but knew that it just appeared that I was in the car, and that I am actually anywhere and everywhere. I realized a lot of insightful things that I am now using in my everday life. One thing I noticed was that all my friends with me in the car were just extensions of myself. I have different things in myself that are just reflected in extremes in them. I also found a true meaning in my life; what I believe I need to accomplish (this isn't any small task, but one that betters the world and stops an evil advancement that gaining ground every day).
I know that Mudvayne are in the same ranks as us in philosophy (I once followed some links on Mudvayne's website to Terrence McKenna's website). I believe that Mudvayne realizes the power that playing live has, and they put that intention in their music to empower their crowd to be able to catch a glimpse of things they normally do not see in their lives.
Anyways, just thought I'd like to share my thoughts on this with you. Thanks for reading.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleASliceofPI

Re: Mudvayne and IN FLAMES Concert (Energy) [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1395220 - 03/20/03 10:35 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Thanx that was a great story......i think that music is a very complex advanced and at the same time simple and really good form of communication.

I aslo noticed on the mudvayne cd LD-50 they have various chemical models of drugs......including DMT.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1395646 - 03/20/03 02:07 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

hey, I once made a website called Mudvayne Overdose which in my opinion was by far the most informative site on the net. Everyone (including a couple respectable fan sites) started stealing my original researched work so I closed it down, but anyway, if you want to find out more about Mudvayne in the philosophical aspect (as well as band info) I have tons of old articles/interviews, a detailed FAQ, original song interpretations (where I extensively talk about Terence McKenna's theories), and lots more shit. PM me if yer interested.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #1397527 - 03/21/03 05:57 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I own LD50... good driving music... well, good 'FLOORING IT' music anyways.

On another note...
Terrance Mckenna is a tool... the less crackpots like him we have around, the better (note difference between disrespect and NO respect). Mckenna's works are for lazy dreamers that haven't yet bothered to open up a REAL philosophy book. Real life is more interesting than any of the fantastical make-believe garbage found in his books. END.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Mudvayne and IN FLAMES Concert (Energy) [Re: Sclorch]
    #1398479 - 03/21/03 12:30 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Fantastical make-believe leads to new ideas and creations

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

#1398718 - 03/21/03 02:15 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

McKenna wasn't trying to be some philosopher or guru or anything like that. All he did was share his experiences and came up with some totally far out ideas that can open up the way you think about human existance, regardless whether they are true or not. Its called evolving thought, there is no right and wrong. At every lecture he gave, always said "this is just my perspective, and I urge you to go and find out for yourself" or something similar like that. Im personally digging McKenna right now while going through all of the available MP3's available from here http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org/ I am curious why you call him a crackpot and disrespect him so much....jeeez, what is it about him that really ties your panties in a knot?

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mudvayne and IN FLAMES Concert (Energy) [Re: chodamunky]
    #1399364 - 03/21/03 08:29 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Shroomism: Fantastical make-believe leads to new ideas and creations

Does it? I've only seen it lead to self-delusion...

chodamunky: I am curious why you call him a crackpot and disrespect him so much....jeeez, what is it about him that really ties your panties in a knot?

It's not that I'm disrespecting him... I just have NO respect for him.
He's a liar preying on the weak. Anyone with a need to create (he DID create it with his constant book-touring) a cult-like following is a shite in my book.

Name ONE idea of Mckenna's that has actually helped mankind. Just one... something that was unique to him.

Form without function, IMHO, is as useless and distracting as Britney Spears' lyrics.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #1399368 - 03/21/03 08:36 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

McKenna wasn't trying to be some philosopher or guru or anything like that. All he did was share his experiences and came up with some totally far out ideas that can open up the way you think about human existance, regardless whether they are true or not. Its called evolving thought, there is no right and wrong.

Yeah... I remember being in kindergarten... I remember thinking that one day I would be able to read people's minds and transform myself into a fish or a squirrel (ala Sword in the Stone)... but I was still smart enough to realize the practical value of defining "right" and "wrong".... maybe Mckenna was too busy eating paste and looking for elves to learn and understand these practical concepts.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #1399371 - 03/21/03 08:37 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

P.S. Don't take any of the above personally...

Damn I miss my disclaimer.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

#1399756 - 03/22/03 04:26 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

No no, nothing personal at all. Some of the ideas he mentions about human origins are totally mind bending, such as the psychadelic apes who munched on mushies  :laugh: I enjoy listening to his DMT experiences and how he says that humans may be evolving visible language, another mind boggling idea. Stuff like this pushes the limits of what is conceivable, oh and the Timewave Zero theory, when I heard that I was totally BLOWN AWAY lol. I mean wtf? that is crazy yet so fascinating. Again, this pushes the boundries of what human existence could possibly mean. Just because his ideas are far out, they shouldn't be dismissed so quickly, Einstein's theories were considered ridiculous too but eventually they proved to be "true". I guess in December 2012, there will be the final verdict of McKenna, a total crackpot who listens to talking plants, or one of the greatest minds that ever lived. 

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1399787 - 03/22/03 04:42 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Chodamunky, that link I followed, it was off of your old website.
That's awesome. I'll PM you to get that information, because I'm interested.
Small world, ain't it?
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1399870 - 03/22/03 05:20 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Sclorch,

Mckenna was all about boundary dissolution: trying to get people to break out of the metaphorical box that they're in. I think his ideas were intentionally over-the-top to get people to THINK and QUESTION things.

Name one thing he's done to help mankind? Name one thing YOU'VE done to help mankind.. I know he's helped ME open my eyes.. Its not like (especially now that he's dead) people will just get stuck on mckenna and not take their newly-discovered curiosities and abilities to think a bit outside the box to a more reasonable/scientific train of thought.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Mudvayne and IN FLAMES Concert (Energy) [Re: Strumpling]
    #1399915 - 03/22/03 05:51 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

I just saw Mudvayne a few weeks ago, too... and holy shit yea, they get the crowd going. i haven't seen so much insanity since Pantera.

I always get attracted to the most violent parts of the moshpit, an empty space means it's become a very intense spot on the earth where it is a battle to stand your ground, I guess it's almost sacred heheh.

I didn't even really pay attention to them on stage, their music was just inside my body, I guess that's the whole point of hardcore shows though

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Mudvayne and IN FLAMES Concert (Energy) [Re: Grav]
    #1400000 - 03/22/03 06:39 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Did you see them with IN FLAMES? What'd you think about them?

Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mudvayne and IN FLAMES Concert (Energy) [Re: Strumpling]
    #1400393 - 03/22/03 09:58 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Name one thing he's done to help mankind? Name one thing YOU'VE done to help mankind..

I helped found a non-profit organization whose primary goal is citizen awareness and motivation. And that was just the most recent thing. I'm only 23, I have little capital, and I've still been able to resist the all too convenient "money-for-bullshit" scam that Mckenna utilized.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1400964 - 03/22/03 02:59 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

ok then, Sclorch

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1402550 - 03/23/03 06:40 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Botanical Dimensions

PROJECT PERSONNEL
BD was founded in 1985 by Kathleen Harrison-McKenna and Terence McKenna. Kathleen is president and project director; she manages the Hawaiian site, plant and data collecting, fundraising, and publishing for BD. The California office is also staffed by two part-time employees. A caretaker oversees the work in Hawaii, and various plant collectors work in the field on a paid or volunteer basis. Our luminous board of directors includes Ralph Abraham, Frank Barr, Dennis J. McKenna (BD's research director), Ralph Metzner, Rick Strassman, and David Tussman. Our valuable advisors are Richard E. Schultes, Rupert Sheldrake, Nicole Maxwell, and Luis Eduardo Luna.

PS- If you have ever worked for a wage, you have been utilized by the "M-F-B" scam.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Anonymous

Re: Mudvayne and IN FLAMES Concert (Energy) [Re: Adamist]
    #1403933 - 03/23/03 04:05 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

I went to an In Flames, Dark Tranquility and Sentenced concert, it was awesome, best concert I've ever been to.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mudvayne and IN FLAMES Concert (Energy) [Re: Adamist]
    #1404561 - 03/23/03 10:13 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Botanical Dimensions

PROJECT PERSONNEL........................

*yawn*

PS- If you have ever worked for a wage, you have been utilized by the "M-F-B" scam.
No... that would be a "Money-for-WORK" nonscam... or maybe a "Little-Money-for-WORK" nonscam. Botanical Dimensions sounds like a lame attempt at rationalizing the bioassayal of psychotropic plants (ala "in the name of 'research'....").

--------------------

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1404583 - 03/23/03 10:42 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

I'm only 23, I have little capital, and I've still been able to resist the all too convenient "money-for-bullshit" scam that Mckenna utilized

How have you resisted anything? You mean somebody has been offering to publish your bullshit? Congratulations!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies