Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Shrub earns his wings
    #1399254 - 03/21/03 06:37 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

MOST FEROCIOUS ATTACK IN HISTORY Mar 21 2003

From Richard Wallace, US Editor In Washington, Alexandra Williams In Kuwait, And Bob Roberts In Qatar

AMERICA and Britain began the most ferocious blitzkrieg in history as the military strike on Iraq began in earnest last night.

Cruise missile, smart bombs and satellite-guided weapons rained down on Saddam Hussein's key defence and communication sites in Baghdad destroying vital command centres missile batteries and airfields.

Scores of targets were hit in unison as precision-guided missiles were programmed to explode at the same time.

Simultaneously massed ranks of Allied troops, including Royal Marines, Desert Rats and Paras, launched the long awaited ground invasion, seizing the border town of Umm Qasr.

It was the awesome start to the round the clock "shock and awe" campaign designed to stun terrified Iraqis into paralysed submission. Around 1,200 targets are earmarked for attack by 3,000 bombs and missiles.

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said grimly: "What will follow will not be a repeat of any other conflict. It will be of a force, scope and scale that is beyond what has been seen before. The days of the Saddam regime are numbered."

A senior US official added: "We want to deliver the equivalent of a nuclear impact."

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Shrub earns his wings [Re: Xlea321]
    #1399385 - 03/21/03 08:51 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

"We want to deliver the equivalent of a nuclear impact."

I bet he gets hard just thinking about it. I'd be interested to know though how you can deliver the equivalent of a nuclear impact and still maintain this fabled precision we hear so much about. Surely a nuclear impact is widespread and indiscriminate?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Shrub earns his wings [Re: GazzBut]
    #1399733 - 03/22/03 04:11 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

The only reason to explode 3000 bombs is terrorism. Each precision-guided munition costs US taxpayers $1,000,000 a shot. A single nuke costs half as much; and since the objective is genocide anyway, it would make more sense just to use the nuke. In either case, however, genocide attacks on civilian targets are not necessary to win the war.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (03/22/03 04:18 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Shrub earns his wings [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1399743 - 03/22/03 04:18 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

that's a pretty big attack. i hope it works to "shock and awe" and this war is quick and few people are killed.

Anonymous

#1399750 - 03/22/03 04:22 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Each precision-guided munition costs US taxpayers $1,000,000 a shot. A single nuke costs half as much

you made that up completely off the top of your head, didn't you?

and since the objective is genocide anyway

how do you figure?

here's what your posts says: -Um... since the americans are just over there to genocide the arab people, they might as well just use nuclear weapons to do it because they're cheaper than precision bombs. i mean... why are they using precision bombs if all they want to do is kill 'em all?-

do you really think that our goal in this war is to kill as many arabs as we possibly can?

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Shrub earns his wings [Re: ]
    #1399814 - 03/22/03 04:53 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Each precision-guided munition costs US taxpayers $1,000,000 a shot. A single nuke costs half as much

you made that up completely off the top of your head, didn't you?

Follow this link for info about US Navy munitions, including unit cost. Unfortunately i cant produce a link to the cost of a "nucular" warhead off the top of my head; but the Discovery Channer series War and Peace in the Nuclear Age which ran a few years back quoted various unit prices between $200,000 and $1,400,000; so $500,000 is a good ballpark estimate based on that. In either case, the cost of 3000 PGMs is well over $1,000,000,000; and a single nuke doesnt even begin to approach that.

How do i know the objective is genocide?? Because they want to deliver the equivalent of a nuclear impact, whose purpose is irrefutably genocide. As an example consider the non-nuclear equivalents of nuclear impacts in Hamburg and Dresden. Would it have been any less genocidal if they had fired several thousand tomahawks at Hiroshima, with the same total explosive yield, as opposed to one nuke??

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (03/22/03 05:00 AM)

Anonymous

#1399846 - 03/22/03 05:07 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

in saying that the attack would be 'equivalent' to a nuclear attack, they did not mean that the attack was intended to cause the indescriminate carnage, destruction, and civilian casualties of a nuclear strike.

the thing that IS intended to be equivalent to a nuclear strike is the the scale of the military incapacitation, and the depth of the psychological intimidation.

it's a surgical attack. that's why they're using precision bombs and not carpet bombing the city. if they were carpet bombing, then you might have a point. the fact is that we're dropping precision munitions on military, command, and communication targets. we're dropping alot of bombs, yes, but we watching where we're dropping them. this isn't about obliterating a city and killing civilians.

Edited by mushmaster (03/22/03 07:07 AM)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #1400064 - 03/22/03 07:10 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

it's a surgical attack. that's why they're using precision bombs and not carpet bombing the city. if they were carpet bombing, then you might have a point. the fact is that we're dropping precision munitions on military, command, and communication targets. we're dropping alot of bombs, yes, but we watching where we're dropping them. this isn't about obliterating a city and killing civilians

Thats Bullshit

--------------------

Anonymous

#1400113 - 03/22/03 07:37 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

so you're telling me that they're dropping bombs with guidance systems costing thousands of dollars, but they don't care where they land?

i didn't say that we aren't killing civilians. unfortunately, we are. as long as this war goes on, civilians are going to die. i'm not saying it isn't happening. i'm saying that it's not intentional. what does anyone gain by the slaughter of iraqi civilians? there are alot of reasons, excuses, pretences, etc. for this war. genocide is not one of them.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #1400170 - 03/22/03 08:02 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Whose to say that their even using PGMs at all?? Unless, of course, you really believe everything the pentagon tells you. Truth is always the first casualty in a war.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1400179 - 03/22/03 08:07 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

do you think the purpose this war is to kill off arabs and destroy their homes?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1400218 - 03/22/03 08:25 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

You want truth? Take 5 dried grams and pry open your third eye! Then look at this subjectively. You will then see what's really happening.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Anonymous

#1400251 - 03/22/03 08:41 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Unless, of course, you really believe everything the pentagon tells you.

no. i don't believe everything i hear. here's what i do: from as subjective a position as i can put myself in, i analyze what they're saying for contradictions and errors, and then determine for myself the likelihood of it being either true or false.

i see that you don't believe everything you hear either. but here's what you do: if something supports your viewpoint, you believe it. if it doesn't, you don't.

in this case, i see 2 possibilities in question:

1. The United States has entered this war to oust saddam hussein. The United States is dropping a hell of alot of guided bombs with the goal of destroying facilities of hussein's military\command structure. we are being very careful about where we drop the bombs because this is intended to be a quick war, after which america wants to see iraq quickly back on its toes and hopefully with friendly relations towards us. Do to the sheer volume of bombs, and the fact that we cannot control the inadvertant spread of fires, bahgdad is currently in a state of chaos and there are some unfortunate civilian deaths.

or....

2. The United States has entered this war to kill arabs. we are currently carpet bombing baghdad. the pentagon is lying and we are not really using precision bombs. rather, we are indescriminately dropping explosives on bahgdad, hoping to cause maximum civilian casualties and further our cause of genocide. we do not care what happens in iraq after the war; we want its major cities leveled and its civilian population decimated, because we're just that cruel.

come on now anna... i'm sorry, but i'm confident that we're dropping guided bombs.

i have a feeling that you would be too if it in some way supported one of your arguments.

in a few weeks, this will probably be over and we will have access to the actual civilian death toll. what do you estimate it will be?

Edited by mushmaster (03/22/03 08:45 AM)

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Shrub earns his wings [Re: Murex]
    #1400286 - 03/22/03 08:55 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

You want truth? Take 5 dried grams and pry open your third eye! Then look at this subjectively. You will then see what's really happening.

Mushrooms are great, but your own preconcieved notions will get in the way of learning anything new about something like this during a trip.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Shrub earns his wings [Re: z@z.com]
    #1400294 - 03/22/03 08:59 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Mushrooms are great, but your own preconcieved notions will get in the way of learning anything new about something like this during a trip.

Says you.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlineuno
enthusiast

Re: Shrub earns his wings [Re: Murex]
    #1413166 - 03/27/03 03:20 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Tripping and thinking about a war doesn't sound very good to me.

--------------------
- uno

Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Re: Shrub earns his wings [Re: uno]
    #1413292 - 03/27/03 04:27 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

People that think mushrooms are the aswer to everything are so naive.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale