Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshad0want
Homo periergus
what to do.. what to do...?
    #1399683 - 03/22/03 05:44 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

A while ago Granny M got tired of niddlepoint and decided to take up mycology. When it came to birthing her PF cakes, she cased one and stuck it in the same terrarium as the cakes. After a long while the casing was not pinning even though she could see the mycelium having grown just fine, so she thought it was a serious case of overlay (too much humidity) and decided to give up on it. Took it out of the terrarium but did not trash it-- just left it lying about for some reason. This was about 5 days ago. And the thing all of a sudden has started pinning.
What do you think she should do? She now has one terrarium with cased birdseed, which seems to be doing pretty well. Should she stick it in there? She is worried about contamination, especially since that thing was left exposed for so long. Additionally, some bits of perlite that had fallen on top have turned brown, and of course, after all these days the casing is rather dry. For the moment she has lightly misted it (trying to avoid spraying the pins of course) and covered it with some plastic wrap (figgured this will protect it a little and keep the moisture in, and she will be able to fan it out) until she decides what to do.

So what would you advise this very nice, scientifically minded old lady to do?
Thanks on behalf of the entire St. Bob Seniors Club

--------------------
What? Surely, you did not take me seriously?!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: what to do.. what to do...? [Re: shad0want]
    #1399694 - 03/22/03 05:50 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

My friend thinks that Granny M has her girdle on too tight. Tell her to stick the casing in with the birdseed casing and quit worrying so much.  :smirk: 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

Re: what to do.. what to do...? [Re: dog]
    #1399953 - 03/22/03 08:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I would say leave it where it is if it likes it there. Which it obviously does since it started pinning...

Maybe cover it with a tupperware container to hold in moisture.

Depends on how picky you are and how long you want it to fruit.

errr, your grandma I guess......

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation