Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAzrah
Stranger

Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: Spiral11235]
    #11332614 - 10/27/09 04:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This has happened to me before too. There is three things wrong that I can see with this picture: the synergistic effect of fasting and dehydration, also when you trip the mind is experiencing sensory overload and sometimes doesn't know how to properly channel the sensations, so it "overheats and reboots" in a sense like a computer with WAY too many programs running. This mental affect could lead to the physical symptoms of dizziness and fainting since this would be a heavy stressor. (psychosomatic effect)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: Ram Dass]
    #11332641 - 10/27/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ram Dass said:
I was at a concert with a friend.  My friend was tripping and he passed out, turned out he was just dehydrated and was fine when he got a drink.  You said that you felt sweaty with no perspiration so its a possibility.
peace

How were you feeling before you guys took them?  I have never "blacked out"  from just a psychedelic.  I really don't know if its possible from JUST as psychedellic unless its some sort of phenylalanine or triptamine research chemical and you OD and the effects on your heart/ lungs and other systems are thrown out of wack.. I would compare that to blacking out from drinking or COKE...

I have however blacked out once WHILE i was on acid but probably not form acid.  I had been up 4 days.  IN those days I had consumed somewhere near or over 1000 mg of pure pharmaceutical amphetamines.  Most of this was adderall(which has lavo amphetamin and dex amphetamine)  and a little vayvanse(lisdexamphetamine). The 4th night I took some ACID.  I was so overstimulated from the amphetamines that I really couldn't tell I was on acid.  I know it wasn't bunk because it was super fresh on huge tabs and some ppl I was with tripped hard from 1 tab. I took like 1 and 1/2 I think bc I didn't want anymore bc I already felt overloaded from amphetamines.  Stupidest decision ever. 

Anyway,  I was disappointed so I smoked 5g blunt to myself and spent an hour ripping a bong and a water steamroller.  After that I kinda noticed the acid.  Then after half an hour I noticed it alot.  Finally I started feeling really bizarre in a very scary way.  I started to have kinda a bad trip.  Anyway I felt so shitty I was gonna go lie in bed.  I started being so fucked up I couldn't make it though.  My friends had to give me a hand. With assistence I made it to my room.  As I was unlocking my door however, I blacked out and knocked my head on the ground.  I was carried to bed by friends.  I had insane uncontrollable lucid dreams(i hope they weren't real) about alien abduction.  I found out I had been inserted with an alien tracking device, had been subject to abduction from the time I was a little kid had been molseted by extraterrestrials and my mother had known but had been forced into silence by the CIA or aliens.

Moral of the stroy.... don't do crazy things before you trip that might cause u to black out. Don't trip if you haven't slept in a long time and make sure not to  if you are badly dehydrated or anorexic or diabetic( without proper monitoring of blood sugar u could have serious medicla consequences).

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

OfflineSpiral11235
Stranger

Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: Azrah]
    #11332749 - 10/27/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Azrah said:
This has happened to me before too. There is three things wrong that I can see with this picture: the synergistic effect of fasting and dehydration, also when you trip the mind is experiencing sensory overload and sometimes doesn't know how to properly channel the sensations, so it "overheats and reboots" in a sense like a computer with WAY too many programs running. This mental affect could lead to the physical symptoms of dizziness and fainting since this would be a heavy stressor. (psychosomatic effect)

Good explanation :thumbup:

That's more than likely what happened. It was pretty scary when it occured, I'd never felt that way before from mushrooms! I'll be more aware of what I have in my body before ingesting next time :smile:

OfflineredHue
Champion of the Sun
Male

Loc: the B
Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: Spiral11235]
    #11333116 - 10/27/09 05:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the last time i shroomed with a few buddies this happened on the come-up.  we went up the mountains to camp.  we got all set up, then busted out the bag.  everyone took the usual amount, 3ish to 4ish grams and sat in our camp chairs around the fire.  we all started coming up at the same time.  all the sudden my one buddy just stood up out of his chair, mumbled something weird, and then passed out.  he fell to the ground and almost into the fire.  now seeing this sober would have caused alarm, but holy shit...coming up hard on 4 grams of homegrown and seeing this made my body/mind go crazy.  we all saw it happen, immediately went into "take-care-of-friend" mode, and picked him up and sat him back down.  he snapped out of it fast, like everyone else is saying, like 15 seconds or so. 

the other three of us proceeded to have fantastic trips in the mountain forest, while the buddy that passed out DID NOT MOVE out of his chair for the whole duration of the trip.  he is an experienced tripper and said that that was one of his most intense trips of his life, sitting in the chair staring at the fire, letting the mushrooms eat him alive. 

well, after the trip before we crashed out for the night, we smoked one last joint and my buddy remembered during the sesh that he gave blood on campus earlier that day!  so we all realized this was the cause, but man, seeing someone pass out when you are in a fragile state of mind is crazy.  if he didnt snap out of it fast like he had, that woulda sent all our minds spiraling out of control!

--------------------

Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: redHue]
    #11333240 - 10/27/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That reminds me of when I fainted, although I only freaked out about myself fainting because my brother and his friend were freaking out.

It started when I ate 3.5 grams of shrooms on an empty stomach after not smoking weed for 3 days. Then when I was almost peaking, we went to smoke a bowl in my friends car, it was so amazing in his car when we smoked bowls, I got to watch my visuals come from a level 3 and go all the way up to a level 4.

I was looking at my visuals amazed, because they were 3d and all over everything i looked at. For some reason when I ate this 3.5 grams, my mind wasn't fucked at all, I had perfect clarity of thought, and my mental state was no different than when i'm sober, the only thing different was that I had amazing visuals and I felt beyond stoned.

We then went inside and I wanted to go into a foam room I had. Everything was intense in this room. Without being on any drugs, the room will induce an optical illusion if you look at the wall. When someone looks at the wall sober, you will see lines on the wall.
But since I was tripping, I saw squares, triangles, and all kinds of crazy shapes.

I closed my eyes and set off into my visuals, I was constantly watching them and I turned up the music in my head and listened and watched at the same time.
After a while, I could not hear the outside world (I thought it was just quiet at this time) but then after a while, I heard my brothers voice slowly rising in volume and coming into my brain's focus. I opened my eyes and looked up at him from the floor.

Apparently I had mumbled and I fell down on the ground and my brother tried picking me up but I was completely unconscious, although I felt fully awake in my mind while I was unconscious.

It's crazy how I felt when I fainted, my thoughts were still flowing perfect, and I was still thinking very easily even though I was unconscious to the outside world. My visuals were more fascinating to me than anything in the real world, so I chose not to open my eyes.

That's my story of when I fainted :P

its kindof long, but it was definitely an amazing thing. I would say I had some sort of ego-loss when i fainted, because I could not feel any part of my body, and I did not hear anything from the outside world, my mind was fully conscious but I was completely cut out from reality.
I picture it as being alone in my mind for a short period of time, because my visuals created a never ending void, which I could have explored if I knew I was unconscious.

--------------------
:whoyougonnacall:
"Anxiety doesn't exist. It's just your inner brain telling you that you're a pussy."

jokes

Edited by mrgibblet (10/27/09 05:49 PM)

Invisiblehoboblues
Male

Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: mrgibblet]
    #11333352 - 10/27/09 06:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This happened to my friend, and he was gasping for air when he went out.  It lasted for a minute or two.  He's got Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome, but not sure if that had anything to do with it.  We were all smoking pot as well, while on 1/8 of shrooms each.

I don't think it's too uncommon, though.

--------------------

OfflineEpicurusFire
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: hoboblues]
    #13995036 - 02/20/11 11:08 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I need to bump this. My friend fainted last night. Off 1 GRAM.

I'm so confused...we were at a bar and he was just overwhelmed with happiness and euphoria. We were in a room with a bunch of laser lights and stuff going on and he was in heaven, big shit-eating grin on his face; and then we left the room to get a drink at the bar. I'm standing there talking to him, and suddenly his eyes roll back and he just falls backwards and hits his head on the concrete. He's out for probably 10 seconds before we get him to groggily wake up. We try to take him out of the bar and he drops again. We finally got him to the car and home but it wasn't pretty.

W.T.F.

All of us were on the same shrooms and they were good/clean...and I feel bad because I gave them to him. I've never heard of this before! He has fainted a few times in his life but I want to know why shrooms triggered this.

Just to clarify...he ate a couple hours beforehand, had a Monster energy drink, had a few beers, and had taken a Vyvanse about 11 hours earlier.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: EpicurusFire]
    #13995193 - 02/20/11 11:50 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EpicurusFire said:
I need to bump this. My friend fainted last night. Off 1 GRAM.

I've fainted on a gram before... like passed right the fuck out, hit my head on the table on the way down and spilled water everywhere... thought I pissed myself :lol:

just recently I almost fainted, we'd eaten over 10 grams each throughout the night though... I was even sitting down, shit just got all fuzzy and dark aall of a sudden and I could barely talk... it was fucked, I snapped out of it after a few minutes and a glass of water.

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds