Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
Washington lawns
    #1396379 - 03/20/03 07:21 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

As many of you know washington has many wild shrooms growing. I happen to live there :smile:. But there are all these really nice lawns perfect for STuntzii's but none are growing. I have hunted many times but i've never seen such perfect lawns with out  a shroom..is this because of the nutrients in the ground..does any one know what i could do to these lawns other than throwing spores in them? 

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Washington lawns [Re: tastyshroom]
    #1398835 - 03/21/03 03:25 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

i think the season for stuntzis is over. i live in texas so i dont really know but i thought the PNW season was from fall to like january-february. so correct me if im wrong but if im right you might have to wait. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
    #1399405 - 03/21/03 09:16 PM (21 years, 12 days ago)

It was a mild enough winter that they should be around the whole year. Lately, it has been quite cold though so, I think I would give it a week or so. I'm sure they are fruiting in places right now but probably not quite as likely as if it warmed a bit.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Washington lawns [Re: @cro]
    #1399567 - 03/22/03 01:34 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

P. stuntzzii's can grow all year long. We have no snopw in Settle and no freezhis this last year.

They appear on well manicured fertilized lawns in parks, offic buildings, apartment buildings, new condos and sometimes are wall to awall in lawns like rugs.

Right now is sopring rains, it is a litttle chile but I have already found a few patches between January and now.

Actuall seasons began in late July through December , sometimes lapping over with small little bit types of fruitings in Jan-Feb but not abundannt like late October and november to December.

mj.

In the spring we have Conocybe cyanopus and Panaeollus subbalteatus.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (03/22/03 01:36 AM)

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Washington lawns [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1400166 - 03/22/03 08:00 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

how rare is it to find the Conocybe cyanopus mushroom, i have read in your books that you only found it twice in tweenty years. Are they more commonly found now? I looked around a little bit the other day and had no luck. I am going to keep looing, I enjoy hunting for mushrooms i have ot found before, it is very fun.

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Washington lawns [Re: fliped]
    #1400333 - 03/22/03 09:22 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Be careful hunting in the conocybe genus. There is a deadly poisonous mushroom there, conocybe filaris. Stay far away from this. Good Luck - @cro

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1400418 - 03/22/03 10:12 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

One reason I have not found it is becaseu I do not go looking for them.

Its like Amanita muscaria. I know where they grow but I only see ten or twenty a year. I do not normally pick them. I am looking for Psilocybes which are common so I do not need to go fine a species which is not so common, except where itr is when it fruits. then there are plenty just loike the liberty caps.

Amanitas grow in northern hemispheres and are fond of birch and pine.

I do not looik for them but they grow here and there. If I went hunting for them specifically I would undoubtedly fined many.

mj

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

#1400461 - 03/22/03 10:49 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Yea..i see alot of liberty caps but even though i eat a lot i barely even tripp..its a small tripp so i dunt even pik those anymore..i usually go looking for stuntzii's..but around here i never find them but i always find other mushrooms..(poison)

--------------------

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#1400911 - 03/22/03 02:44 PM (21 years, 11 days ago)

my bad like i said i dont live there so i dont really know. man i wished i did tho now that i know that the season never really ends. someday i will says so right below my name haha:) peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Re: Washington lawns [Re: blaze2]
    #1402516 - 03/23/03 06:31 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Thanks for the info guys!

Offlinedrow
Shroom lover
Male

Loc: Olympia, WA
    #1402739 - 03/23/03 08:11 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Last Autumn I found a few A. Muscaria. and at Thanksgiving I ate a big one. It didn't do a damn thing. I still say Panthers rule.
As for Psilocibe Mushrooms, all those little brown ones all look a like to me. I wait for bluing but have never found one yet. Mind you all that I live in Washington as well.

--------------------
"It is a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
    #1402790 - 03/23/03 08:35 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

i dont know what kind of libs you been pickin but they are crazy potent, way better then stuntzii :smile:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1402794 - 03/23/03 08:36 AM (21 years, 11 days ago)

Blaze2, it could end with a freeze, A january or February three day frost could wipe the spring shrooms out by at least 75% until the fall months.

Thgis ocasionally happens here but for the last 5 1/2 years we have only had Snow twice in one spring and that was last March we had three days and thenit was gone and a week or so later towards the end of March we had another snopw of a few days.

On the other hand, I have lived here in 1977 we had snow on Thanksgiving day int he end of november. A bad winter here. I did find some P. cyans in a snowbank alongside a building where you could see the blue caps at snow level of P. cyanweescens just at the top of the snow in a garden. It was cool, I picked about two pounds of large cyans partially stiff from the freeze.

mj

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#1404457 - 03/23/03 08:02 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

thanks for the info mj i find it incredibly strange that here in texas we get into the teens every year and in the PNW you hardly freeze. i mean i know its for the ocean and all i just find it facinating.

thats kick ass you found shrooms in a snow bank. that is wild that they still grew frozen. talk about a cold shock lol

peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1404753 - 03/24/03 02:19 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

WEll many times in late November and December we go to the forests clearcuts to find P. pelliculosa which grow inthe hundreds of thousand shrooms at a time.

They are usually frozen wquite stiff adn break briuttle when plucked.

Then we lay them down evenly in a cradboard box and by ten am the sun is coming out and the freexzing stops and the shrooms are strill healthy and fresh. Kind like in a cryogennic state.

mj

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

#1406048 - 03/24/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 10 days ago)

forest clearcuts?? You mean out by the mountains??

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1406175 - 03/24/03 12:31 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

ANy clearcut from the last three to four years.

Problem is is that they are not making too many clearcuts because of the spotted owl.

mj

Oregon has more clearcuts.

In Washington you can get a Waerhauser permit to pick shrooms at three locations int he Puget Sound.

mj

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

#1406429 - 03/24/03 02:02 PM (21 years, 10 days ago)

MJ, does it cost very much to get a Waerhauser pass? I live right up against the cascades right near lots of Waerhauser property, i really wanted to go pick some Psilocybe pelliculosa last season but i wasnt sure if i could just go out into the clear cuts without knowing if it was tresspasing or not.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1406543 - 03/24/03 02:54 PM (21 years, 9 days ago)

You have to call them up I believe that the pass is $35.00 and they tell you where the three locations are.

That doe not necessarily meean that those clearcuts have fresh pelliculosas or not. However, you can get into most logging sides duroing the week.

You are looking for one s that have been logged int he last two to three years .

SOme gates are open until 3 or 4 pm each day. But you do not want your car locked in one.

Maybe a motrorcycyle or moped for going out. Many local kids ride their trail biukes and that in the negihborhoods where they76 live near logging sides.

mj

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

#1409266 - 03/25/03 03:17 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

thanks mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds