Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineS.F.Sorrow
Stranger
What is my body trying to tell me?
    #1399117 - 03/21/03 07:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

About 5 weeks ago, after toking multiple times daily for the last 18 months or so (& being a regular user prior to then), I enroled on a two week residential yoga course at an ashram, having had no prior practice in yoga. Naturally during the "vacation" I gave up smoking the green (I've never previously had withdrawal symptoms). A number of times during the course I awoke during the night, just for a few moments, as I always have done, but with a distinct ache in my neck, like a cramp. I was still half asleep as this happened & didn't generally think about the event until the next day. The next day, however, there was no sign of the previous night's pain & I was able to continue the excercises without trouble. This happened perhaps half-a-dozen times that I remember (maybe more than once a night, maybe more nights than I recall).
After leaving the ashram I resumed smoking as usual until I reached my current destination, since when I havn't smoked at all.
Now, over the past week, I've been staying at an hotel & have had & similar night-time disturbance, though this time the experience has been caused by the halting of blood circulating in my left arm. I don't think that I've been doing anything the block the circulation of blood. Again, this has happened numerous times.
Perhaps I should also say that during my stay at the ashram I had one particularly emotional experience where I was attempting to go from a shoulderstand into the plough. I pushed myself too far & felt what I believe was a nervous "shock" (though not of the sharp, electrical kind) in my spine at the top of my back. I subsequently discontinued the rest of the asana class & went to compose myself, whereupon I burst into tears for no apparent reason. In later classes I had similar, though less intense, episodes while going through the same process. The thing is though, that I never felt any pain in that area of my back at any time after.
I don't know whether the neck cramp began after the nervous pain, & I doubt that they're even related, but there's a chance of a connection & even if not I'd like to know the reasons for their individual occurances.

Thanks

--------------------
"One good thing about Alzheimer's is you meet new people every day."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineaYs
I am the light.

Loc: Texas
Re: What is my body trying to tell me? [Re: S.F.Sorrow]
    #1399483 - 03/22/03 12:56 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

how are you sleeping? on your side, your back, stomach? I sometimes get cramps in my neck from an awkward position when I sleep.

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: aYs]
    #1399559 - 03/22/03 03:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: What is my body trying to tell me? [Re: S.F.Sorrow]
    #1399776 - 03/22/03 06:38 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

There is also the possiblity that you 'Rolfed' yourself. By bursting into tears, you may have inadvertantly uncovered a neuromuscular trauma that had been buried in your back, perhaps from childhood. Muscular memory is behind the school of Rolfing, created by the late Ida Rolf. I have had several Rolf sessions, but without the long-term relief that Hatha Yoga affords me. I began Yoga practice in 1973, but haven't practiced regularly in years. I am doing 20 minutes of asanas every morning after a hot shower and the crippling pain that Rolfing and Chiropractic didn't fix has dissapeared after a couple of months.

BTW, when moving from shoulder stand to plough, one should bring one leg down to floor, raise in straight up again, bring the other leg down to floor, without 'scissoring' the legs (one leg should remain upright and stationary). After repeating this movement a few times, then bring one leg down at a time - not both. One can injure oneself by the weight of one's legs pulling apart the vertebral junctions otherwise.

I also have a pain in the neck for many months. It han be relieved by pinching the top of my left trapezius muscle. I think it is a pinched nerve. I also have a squashed disk between C5 and C6. I will try Chiropractic for this.

As to cannabis use, I have not used in 20 years. Since Prana utilizes the breath, and therefore breath=life, smoke in general is inimical to life. Moreover, I am 49 years old and take many supplements to preserve the natural entropy of aging. From my perspective, loss of memory and motivation is NOT something I want to increase. Neither is fogginess, slow reaction speed, and a general diminishment of mental clarity.Cannabis teaches nothing after the first few times. The rest is merely drug dependence.

Shanti.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (03/22/03 06:43 AM)

Anonymous #1

Re: What is my body trying to tell me? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1400302 - 03/22/03 11:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i remember you saying that you smoked for a long period of time like 10 years? during that time i'm sure you justified your marijuana use. but now do you think you lied to yourself the whole time? do you regret that time in your life? was it void of anything spiritual/beautiful and the marijuana made up for it?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being