Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

Re: Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #13988141 - 02/19/11 12:46 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

so what is the worst possible scenario that can come from this?

--------------------
I'm like a wild animal in the corner
Waiting for the break of dawn
Trying to get through the night
Just a man with the will to survive

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA [Re: Dunno] * 1
    #13988152 - 02/19/11 12:48 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The return of Quetzalcoatl and the exiled mayans in 2012, and subsequent annihilation of the planet.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA [Re: Dunno]
    #13988153 - 02/19/11 12:49 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

one or two work weeks are cancelled, billions and billions in dollars of electronics damages are caused and the critically ill that need  life support, etc would die. Worst case.

InvisibleDunno
Registered Sex Offender
Male User Gallery

Re: Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #13988167 - 02/19/11 12:52 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

that sucks. are they preparing? i dont know why im asking. i guess we really dont know.

--------------------
I'm like a wild animal in the corner
Waiting for the break of dawn
Trying to get through the night
Just a man with the will to survive

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#13988169 - 02/19/11 12:53 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
one or two work weeks are cancelled, billions and billions in dollars of electronics damages are caused and the critically ill that need  life support, etc would die. Worst case.

Thought you quit the shroomery last week :smilingpuppy:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA [Re: twighead] * 1
    #13988181 - 02/19/11 01:00 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The shroomery is like heroin, I honestly have nothing else to do in my free time as it is :shrug:

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
    #13988471 - 02/19/11 02:34 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

so obviously what will knock out communication and shit is an electro magnetic wave? or can something else effect that?

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
Re: Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA [Re: Dunno]
    #13988881 - 02/19/11 06:56 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dunno said:
that sucks. are they preparing? i dont know why im asking. i guess we really dont know.

No they are not preparing.  No commercial or public places have prepared at all because the transformers have no EM shielding.  Many government / elite have prepared.

The worst that can happen is the world loses its power transformers.  They are already really expensive and in high demand - theres a waiting list to order them and they run our electrical grids.  The flares cause an EMP effect so if they are strong enough then they will knock out the power transformers.

Whole countries could be without power - some countries are more at risk than others because they use larger transformers which are more likely to be effected.  It also depends on the strength of the flare reaching that area.

Imagine your whole country without electricity - no money in the banks because its all electronic.  This situation could take months or even years to repair and get electricity back online depending on how many transformers are required at the same time and baring in mind they are already high demand.  Thats the worst case scenario.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA [Re: nice1]
    #13988968 - 02/19/11 07:42 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Probably a very good reason to keep precious metals, no? In case a major power shutdown occurs, who knows if current funds will be recoverable?

--------------------

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
Re: Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #13988990 - 02/19/11 07:54 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

the recovery period could last as long as 10 years. I personally think it would be amazing that afterward billions of people would have that 10 year shared experience.  What sucks is that if you werent already in the gold game you gotta have a nice little chunk to just hop in now. materialism is not for the poor.

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#13989260 - 02/19/11 09:56 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Gerald Celent who is a trends genius said its best to get on silver coins like the canadian maple not just for the reason of this possible electrical failure but also the dollar is about to crash permanently and the cost of food and fuel is going to go through the roof.  The elite have a new currency to put in its place but no doubt they will starve the world first to make us accept it.

Theres some really rocky roads ahead with the financial situation alone is going to cause some big trouble - theres even potential for martial law in the US.  I hope this electrical collapse doesn't happen as well because it will be utter anarchy if it does.

Strange really that some posters here don't think its on the cards considering the state of things.  I'm not looking for any confirmation of anything I'm just analyzing the current situation, this financial collapse is going to be the worst depression the world has ever seen unless they bring out that new currency first but that won't happen - they'll make you beg for it so its not optional - thats how these guys stay in power.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #13989312 - 02/19/11 10:14 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I was thinking about silver in particular when I mentioned precious metals. Maybe within the next months I'll buy a sack of coins to start out.

--------------------

Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

#13989338 - 02/19/11 10:27 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:tinfoil:

.... not.  I'm just worried my work's radio communications will be down, which causes a cluster fuck and makes my life dangerous

--------------------

Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

Re: Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA [Re: nice1] * 1
    #13989346 - 02/19/11 10:31 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
Quote:

Dunno said:

No they are not preparing.  No commercial or public places have prepared at all because the transformers have no EM shielding.  Many government / elite have prepared.

The worst that can happen is the world loses its power transformers.  They are already really expensive and in high demand - theres a waiting list to order them and they run our electrical grids.  The flares cause an EMP effect so if they are strong enough then they will knock out the power transformers.

Whole countries could be without power - some countries are more at risk than others because they use larger transformers which are more likely to be effected.  It also depends on the strength of the flare reaching that area.

Imagine your whole country without electricity - no money in the banks because its all electronic.  This situation could take months or even years to repair and get electricity back online depending on how many transformers are required at the same time and baring in mind they are already high demand.  Thats the worst case scenario.

transformers are in a ton of stuff, and you do realize electromagnetic radiation will only TEMPORARILY disable them, right?  Do you have any computer/electrical/engineering sciences background?

--------------------

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#13989348 - 02/19/11 10:32 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It seems almost a guaranteed earner really because the $ is dying and faith in paper money is dying and will remain dead until the new currency is issued and has been around for a while to regain faith.  You probably have 10 years + of growth on precious metals.  Considering the $ will soon be worthless it seems like guaranteed earner to me.  At the moment everyone in the know has gone to metals - its only the unaware mass public who remain now and they are currently getting royally shafted as the banks call in the chips.

I could be wrong though :p

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

Re: Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA [Re: bbl337]
    #13989364 - 02/19/11 10:37 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not certain and nor are the scientists its still a highly controversial debate.  In short - its never happened before so nobody really knows.  Well it has but that was before we had electrical grids.

I'm a computer technician and I've studied electronics.  As far as I know at present - an EMP effect on transformers would be permanent not a temporary effect but I could be wrong, I believe the matter is still contraversial.  Needs some research and experiments :thumbup:

Edited by nice1 (02/19/11 10:58 AM)

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

#13989372 - 02/19/11 10:40 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

It would likely be months or years before the electrical grid could be repaired because of the destruction of large numbers of transformers in the electric power grid that are no longer made in the United States.

http://www.futurescience.com/emp.html

Quote:

The instantaneous destruction of the power grid would occur primarily because of the widespread use of solid-state SCADAs (supervisory control and data acquisition devices) in the power grid.  These would be destroyed by the E1 pulse, but could probably be replaced within a few weeks.  The greater problem would be in re-starting the power grid.  (No procedures have ever been developed for a "black start" of the entire power grid. Starting a large power generating station actually requires electricity.)  The greatest problem would be the loss of many critical large power transformers due to geomagnetically induced currents, for which no replacements could be obtained for at least a few years.  The loss of many of these power transformers would greatly complicate the re-start of the parts of the grid that could be more quickly repaired.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#13989823 - 02/19/11 12:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeahh... but EM radiation from a solar flare, and an EMP from a nuclear bomb or something else.... different things man. We have the magnetosphere/other barriers which soften spectrums of the sun.. that cannot be said about a nuclear weapon on earth.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Offlinenice1
 User Gallery

Re: Huge solar flare jams radio, satellite signals: NASA [Re: twighead]
    #13989864 - 02/19/11 12:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yeah I know but that was the closest information I can find because solar flares as big as the ones coming have never happened before to us when we had a electrical grids.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#13989877 - 02/19/11 12:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Meh we'll see... Right now I'm expecting far less than the hype.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order