Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecorrupt
Stranger
central florida picking questions
    #1397707 - 03/21/03 08:41 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

hello. some friends and i went picking last night at some feilds in osceola county. the cows were numerousand the shit was plentiful but we didnt find a fucking thing. eveytime we have gone it has been about between 1 and 3 in the morning and we figured since we were getting some good rain the time would be ideal. the fields were a little swampy though. anyways, is our timing off? is it better to go looking during daylight hours? and can shrooms be found anywhere on the field or are you more likely to find them around the edges of the field where there is more foliage. we need tips, cause picking is becoming a reoccurring failure for us.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEatTheBlue
Re: central florida picking questions [Re: corrupt]
    #1398855 - 03/21/03 05:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

word! same here in So. Fla.

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1398895 - 03/21/03 06:02 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

look in shaded areas/ high grass. any time of day is fine. they don't just suddenly grow at a certain time of day. takes em a few days to go from pin to mature fruit. i was under the false impression that early morning was prime time for them but then i found out what a bunch of sht that was. if you can go during the day and not be caught, by all means go for it. sure beats the mosquitos, spiders, stepping in poo in the dark, and walking into cows.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: central florida picking questions [Re: Eightball]
    #1399511 - 03/22/03 01:37 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yesterday afternoon i went hunting on a huge property and i feely walked back and forth between fields with multiple companions and a few cars driving by, so its pretty nice in this part of florida.

as ^^^^ said, try looking in shaded areas, or in tall grass. shaded area around paches of trees work best for me. And stay out the swampy area from my very limited experience, didnt find anything growing near very damp areas. also, the dung cant be too fresh, so looking in overgrown, rotated fields with some brush and a few trees would be do good for you. probably less cop cyans in old fields though. good luck :wink: 

Offlinecorrupt
Stranger
Re: central florida picking questions [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #1403295 - 03/23/03 01:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yea, i heard from a lot of people that you have to go in the early morning hours, but im starting to think thats some bullshit as well. if theres one thing i absolutely loathe about picking at night, its the fucking mosquitos and scattered shit thats seems strategically placed as to assure that i somehow step on it. oh well, i think next time i go i will try the day time hours. i know the shrooms are out there. its been raining like every other day or so and there are plenty of cows. hopefully ill get a little more lucky on my next trip. thanks for the replys, keep yea posted.

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#1403405 - 03/23/03 02:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The only reason you want to go out inthe early morning is to avoid getting caught and beat other shroomers to the spot!

It should rain a solid week and then have some decent sunny days and then some more rain... and that is pretty much a good time for mushrooms... as for spots... I don't think they prefer shade or grass or anything.... I have seen Panaeolus cyanescens growing in all kinds of conditions...

directly on OX dung in the middle of a red earth dusty dry paddock. No shade.

Directly on dung in grass partial shade

Growing in well manured grass partial shade

growing in well manured grass no shade...

growing in very damp partially submerged conditions

fruiting on a floating piece of horse shit in the middle of a flood

I have gone hunting at 1-3 am in the morning !! what the hell good is that when you can't see anything??
i have gone hunting at Midday and found shrooms still happy and all full of life
Best time is to start just at dawn when there is a decent amount of light and hopefully not many people around.

so you see... it doesnt matter; where you find shit eventually you will find mushrooms..

good luck take pics

Edited by mesq (03/23/03 02:44 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification