Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleshroomGod420
Loc: Southern U.S.
Yopo?????....
    #1390239 - 03/19/03 04:31 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

A couple years ago i was goin to try this stuff but decided at the time it was easier just to get street drugs etc..
well now that a few things stop me from using street drugs i'm all about naturals an smart drugs. I know that yopo seeds contain some dmt or related alkoloids, what i'm wondering from anyone within the shroomery is experience with this stuff. Basically what kind of trip to expect an maybe other things that can be combined with them to enhance the experience. peace

--------------------
"Maui Waui x Labrador"
"this is some heavy shit man!!!!" Cheech N Chong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Yopo?????.... [Re: shroomGod420]
    #1390259 - 03/19/03 04:37 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

That would be 5-MEO-DMT which I think may still be legal but only for a while.

That is the name used in the Amazon and National Geographic has several specials they have aired on tv which included films of the rituals and the effects seen on those natives who snort the yopo. In south American Coluntries.

Also known as Cohobo snuff inthe West Indies.

And a mixture for Yage, Caapi and ayahuasca.

mj

I am removing this thread to other drugs forum

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

Re: Yopo?????.... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1395000 - 03/20/03 09:19 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

No, actually it's bufotenin at about 12% according to Ott. There are other alkaloids (5-MeO-DMT, and lesser DMT) but only at about 2%. If you do a little searching for Otts paper you will find the same. I did an extraction on the seeds and on bioassay (smoked) I found the only effects to be high tention in my neck(hypertention?), nothing at all like 5-MeO-DMT or DMT. Apperantly the only way to get "good" effects with these seeds are by making yopo and snorting it, this way still involves hypertention but the hallucinations are insane, worth it? I dont know.

To make yopo to cook the seeds at a low temp untill they're dry (usually 15 mins at 200F) then you take off the black seed coat to reveal a tan seed. You collect a lot of these and gring them up to a fine powder. Then you need a base, traditionally one would find snail shells and crush them to a powder and heat them untill they are a white ash. Then they would mix 3 to 1 seeds to ash. this means if you had 3 grams of seed powder you would use 1 gram ash. Then they would put some in a tube and have someone blow it in their nose. Not the most pleasant way to get off but whatever you have to do.

Male

#1395026 - 03/20/03 09:29 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

>And a mixture for Yage, Caapi and ayahuasca

Yage is another name for ayahuasca, and caapi is an ingrediant of ayahuaska. Maybe I dont understand what you're saying?

also 5-meo-dmt has been legal since DMT was made illegal, they just left it out. My guess is it will be legal for a for a while, if they even choose to make it illegal.

EDIT: oh I think I see what you're trying to say, that A. Colubrina seeds are an admixture to yage, cappi and ayahuasca, is this right? Even if so, which it probobly isnt because they use diplopterys cabrerana for this purpose (called "oco-yage" and only for very advanced trippers), that doesnt change the fact that yage is another name for ayahuasca and caapi is a main ingredient.

Not to sound like an asshole or anything.

Edited by psychopsilocyber (03/20/03 09:43 AM)

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: Yopo?????.... [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #1395076 - 03/20/03 09:50 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

It is possible yopo A.colubrina A.peregrina were used in ayahuasca admixtures... there are thousands of different recipes traditionally used

Psycho is right in that the effects are mostly Bufotenine and not very pleasant.. I would say there is some amount of knowlegde we are missing out on in terms of what the indigenous americans did to it to make it active.

Male

Re: Yopo?????.... [Re: mesq]
    #1395234 - 03/20/03 10:39 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Oh it definatly is active as a snuff, look at this thread at dmt world yopo thread some people have tried it and wrote of their experiences.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Yopo?????.... [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #1395475 - 03/20/03 12:47 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

While those names arew the same high basically but each group of indians who use those theree names have different plants they use to make their mixtures in different parts of the amazon and colombia, Brazil and other regions.

Dick Schultes wrote many papers on the three names and there are different plants used by different tribes, the same way that the indians of Mesoamerica

use different shrooms for different ceremonies.

Otts book Ayahuasca Analogs lists a few hundred admistures for the trip.

I had Psychotropia viridis leaves and banisteropsis Caapi vine for mine experinece.

Others use fddifferent lleanas and different parts of different plants.

Some plants have dmt in the leaves and 5-meo-dmt in the twigs.

By the way,
DMT was man made in a laboratory before sciendce knew that it occurs in over 400 plants worldwide.

And now recently a colleague of mine, Michael Smith fromthe University of Natal in South Africa recently discovered three varieties of edible seaweeds off of the coast of madagascar which have dmt in them.

AS a joke about thirty years ago I use to say maybe I should alpply for a grant to study underwater algae. Funny now that someone actually found a psychoactive suybstance in an underwater plant.

I actually prefer DET to all of the res of them. That too was man made and is like a psilocybine trip for two hours without any visuals. Just the physical side of shrooms.

Yopo is like instant death. I had a few ounces of this back in the early and middle1970s. It was very common on the west coast. And was from ALdridge Chemicals. Now it is Sigma and probably others. I think thats where JLF got his from and his 2--ct-7.

mj Plants of the Gods has a good chapter on it i think

mj

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#1396655 - 03/20/03 11:38 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

MJ I respect u for alot of things but are u saying that yopo is the same as
5-Meo-DMT from Aldrich?? Cos really it isnt and of course you must know that..

I don't know how you can say that a pure synthetic chemical is the same as the Ground and treated seeds of a tree made active with burnt snail shells.
5-MeO-DMT is a pure compound and Yopo is a mixture of whatever alkaloids are most prevalent in the seeds and seed pods of Anadenanthera colubrina, most likely Bufotenine, 5-MeO-DMT and DMT...

Ive tried A.colubrina seeds and the effects are exactly what is listed as the effects of bufotenin.. I've also tried 5-MeO-DMT and I know what that is like as well..

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Yopo?????.... [Re: mesq]
    #1396784 - 03/21/03 01:21 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I still agree with jeremy bigwood that bufoitonine is not psychoactie as Jonathan Ott climed it was.

I was tuerned on to the 5-meo-dmt from someone at harvard who told me that it was the same as yopo.]
Again diffeerent groups of native peoples use different parts of different plants to make their brews. Many have names which are difrfent than the others while the mixtures maty be the same or may be different..

Anyway, we are all confused byt he conflicting writings of many of those who studiy these south American plants and their mixtures with others.

may huascaros in BRazil add datura to their beverages and that is dangetrous fi one does not know hat is beibg given to them. Huasca is served openly in many clus throughout the Amazon and in Brazil expecially.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates