Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
Humans
    #1396177 - 03/20/03 05:51 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

While tripping last night I began to think about the structure of our society and came to realize that as the population gets larger the corporate system begins to fail more and more. When each person provided food for his family it was a far more efficent society because nothing was wasted. Why has human evolution lead us to this type of society? Why can't a family provide his family with food by growing vegetables for themselves. This is very simple and almost anyone will find that fresh food is much better for you and tastewise, too. This system will not however deal with providing meat for all and I will assume that the meat industry will continue providing for us. I saw the death of mankind because of its inability to adapt to a more localized society and this was a frightening vision to say the least.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Humans [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1396189 - 03/20/03 05:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Actually thanks to trade food and other resources are more plentiful and cheap in almost all modern societies.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Humans [Re: z@z.com]
    #1396224 - 03/20/03 06:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yep, food production per acre has increased tremendously. Many more people are being fed with much less labor.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags