Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Where will the staged terror attack happen?
    #1395689 - 03/20/03 02:29 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

taken from www.whatreallyhappened.com

Bush has a small problem. Now that he has gone ahead and invaded Iraq, the conventional wisdom bolstered by months of propaganda is that Iraqi agents will unleash terror attacks in the US using weapons of mass destruction. Bush even said this in his speech before the war began.

But if there are no such attacks, then the world will know that Saddam did not have those WMDs and was never a threat to the US.

So, Bush NEEDS a "terror" attack to "prove" the US claims used to justify the war. He has to have one. He cannot politically survive without one.

The only question is, where will it be staged?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: chodamunky]
    #1395706 - 03/20/03 02:37 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Sounds logical. I just figured they'd fly some big weapons over there or something.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1395708 - 03/20/03 02:37 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

That is unsuported BS. Plus do you think our economy can really take it? Don't you think an economic disaster would ruin Bush's chances of re-election?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: Learyfan]
    #1395713 - 03/20/03 02:38 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Sounds logical.

Really. Howso?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: Learyfan]
    #1395724 - 03/20/03 02:45 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Jesus Christ are you guys paranoid. LOL

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1395729 - 03/20/03 02:47 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

That is unsuported BS
Bush's whole pre-war speech was unsupported BS too, and I can support that.

Plus do you think our economy can really take it?
Probably not, but that's the whole point. The economy needs to be crushed in order for the reserves to be drained. Only then will we be forced to accept the Electronic Fund System.

Don't you think an economic disaster would ruin Bush's chances of re-election?
Quite the opposite, Bush's ratings after 9/11 sky rocketed.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1395732 - 03/20/03 02:49 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Do you really believe that crap on that webpage?

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1395744 - 03/20/03 02:52 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

do you always dismiss information before reading it?

Anonymous

#1395752 - 03/20/03 02:55 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

do you always dismiss information before reading it?

I know you're not talking to me, but when its people like you talking I dismiss it all the time because its all as phoney as aliens, ghosts, and bigfoot. No offense.

Edited by TackleBerry (03/20/03 03:03 PM)

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1395759 - 03/20/03 02:57 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I read a good bit of it a few months ago. They make some very weak arguments and their site is damn near impossible to navigate.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: TackleBerry]
    #1395788 - 03/20/03 03:14 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

There is a NEW conspiracy I just discovered, TackleBerry is really a sheep! Baaaa! Baaa!

And over here we have z@z.com eating from the hand of a CNN reporter! This is shocking!

Edited by chodamunky (03/20/03 03:23 PM)

Anonymous

#1395799 - 03/20/03 03:16 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Ha I have to admit I laughed at that. lol

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1395805 - 03/20/03 03:19 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Very Funny.  :grin:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1395808 - 03/20/03 03:19 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

a terror attack right now will make iraq look like a huge mistake. do you stop and think about the shit you read?

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #1395809 - 03/20/03 03:19 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Although I believe people of power in the USA could endorse such a thing as a faked terrorist attack on their own people in order to facilitate a 'new American century' or something...I don't believe the American people are in need of such re-education...support for this war is already high enough.

Another nice post chodamunky. Keep 'em coming

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Anonymous

Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1395828 - 03/20/03 03:28 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Another nice post chodamunky. Keep 'em coming

or not.

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: ]
    #1395861 - 03/20/03 03:40 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

What's the point of a shroom based website if you can't read far out stuff written by (by my illusions) far out dudes?

If you want straight ahead, non-alternative stuff, I'm sure CNN has a discussion forum for you.

Did I get you wrong?

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1395870 - 03/20/03 03:43 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I think most of us conservatives/Bush supportors just enjoy a good argument.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1395873 - 03/20/03 03:45 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

What's the point of a shroom based website if you can't read far out stuff written by (by my illusions) far out dudes?

good point.. but what's the point of reading it if i can't lash out at it when i think it's ridiculous???  :wink:

i'd love to read interesting, compelling 'far out stuff'. alot of this crap is just illogical and uninformed. i don't have a problem with 'far-out' ideas... just stupid ones.

Edited by mushmaster (03/20/03 03:57 PM)

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1395887 - 03/20/03 03:51 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

It wouldn't surprise me if we are no longer on "high" alert after the war. If attacks do not occur, Bush could use that as a sign of our "victory" rather than evidence that Saddam didn't have the WMD in the first place...

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

#1395907 - 03/20/03 03:57 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

a terror attack right now will make iraq look like a huge mistake.
No it won't it will prove Bush right that Iraq is a terrorirst state.

do you stop and think about the shit you read?
Always, and if it's good dookie I am glad to pass it along and hear other's opinions on it. BTW, you never did respond to my reply about your enthusiasm towards Patriot Act 2...
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum14&Number=1387217&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1395915 - 03/20/03 04:00 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I could be wrong, but I think he was joking.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1395934 - 03/20/03 04:06 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

No it won't it will prove Bush right that Iraq is a terrorirst state.

the official explanation for going to war with iraq is not, "they have weapons which they are planning on using against us in terrorist attacks". even if it was... we're talking about AFTER the war here. AFTER the END of the current regime.

for me, one of the biggest reasons i think this war is a bad idea is because it directs our focus away from reducing the threat of terrorism. on the contrary, this sort of military action will certainly cause the US to become the target of more attacks in the future. this is probably the biggest threat we face as a consequence of our current meddling in iraq. if it becomes a reality... it will confirm that attacking iraq like this was a mistake. They certainly don't want that.

your conspiracy threory is illogical. how would us getting attacked by terrorists AFTER the fall of the iraqi regime show that the late iraqi regime was going to attack us?

it'd be like if i said there was a guy down the street who was gonna come shoot me... so i went and killed him. then the next day, someone drove by my house and shot me... and then i proclaimed, "YOU SEE!! I TOLD YOU THAT MOTHERFUCKER WAS GOING TO SHOOT ME"... nonsense.

Anonymous

#1395941 - 03/20/03 04:09 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

BTW, you never did respond to my reply about your enthusiasm towards Patriot Act 2...

clearly z@z is a little brighter than you are. it should have been painfully obvious that i was joking when i said what i said in that thread.

I LOVE PATRIOT II

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1396078 - 03/20/03 05:20 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

choda, you're overlooking the fact that they could just SAY they prevented some terrorist from blowing up the.. Acadamy Awards or something like that, and say he had some major chemical weapons or whatever, and they'd have it covered...... makes the homeland security idea look fantastic on top of it all.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineshoe
In Death'sEmbrace
Loc: Australia
Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1396225 - 03/20/03 06:09 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

You could learn a lot by actually reading the FUCKLOAD of information at www.whatreallyhappened.com.
The site doesn't really have 'arguments' as such... recurring themes yes, but is mostly just a news site with hundreds of links to articles of the likes of what is censored by major media metworks. Free journalism is dying/dead in America. You would be patriotic to support such a site, whether you agree with all the articles on it or not.

And it would certainly help to remove the curtain of warm, fuzzy wool from your eyes.

--------------------
The above writings are fictional. It is being used to collect information to write a book about someone growing mushrooms.

And remember I will always love you,
As I claw your fucking throat away.
It can end no other way.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: shoe]
    #1396237 - 03/20/03 06:13 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

And it would certainly help to remove the curtain of warm, fuzzy wool from your eyes.

Whoa... take it easy buckwheat. I think either your reading Strumpling out of context or responding to the wrong post.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (03/20/03 06:14 PM)

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: TackleBerry]
    #1396628 - 03/20/03 11:16 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Jesus Christ are you guys paranoid. LOL

Better paranoid than naive and gullible

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

#1396827 - 03/21/03 01:49 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

it should have been painfully obvious that i was joking when i said what i said in that thread.
Well it wasn't and I have no reason to believe that it is a joke after reviewing your past posts and where you stand on certain political issues.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1396862 - 03/21/03 02:12 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

What do you think about the possibility of Bush using WMDs against US troops in order to make it look like it was Saddam. Because surely if Saddam possessed WMDs he would use them in this war, and if he doesn't, well, he doesn't have them.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: Revelation]
    #1396873 - 03/21/03 02:18 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

What do you think about the possibility of Bush using WMDs against US troops in order to make it look like it was Saddam.

I think anyone who thinks this is too stupid to live.

Quote:

Because surely if Saddam possessed WMDs he would use them in this war, and if he doesn't, well, he doesn't have them.

Using your "logic", any one who has a gun and doesn't use one, doesn't have one?
Using your "logic", any country who has a nuke and doesn't use one, doesn't have one?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1396897 - 03/21/03 02:24 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Okay.

Please give one reason why Saddam wouldn't use WMD against US troops in this war, if he had them.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1396903 - 03/21/03 02:26 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Well it wasn't and I have no reason to believe that it is a joke after reviewing your past posts and where you stand on certain political issues.

what issues are you referring to?

i'm pro-freedom. and pro-logic. and pro-fact.

read this: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum14&Number=1336661&page=13&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Edited by mushmaster (03/21/03 06:33 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1396904 - 03/21/03 02:27 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

If he did the US would never stop looking for him. (Assuming he decides to flee)

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (03/21/03 02:27 AM)

Anonymous

#1396907 - 03/21/03 02:29 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Using your "logic", any one who has a gun and doesn't use one, doesn't have one?

no... using his logic, if someone may or may not have a gun, and is about to be beaten to death by a large gang, and doesn't use a gun... it's a pretty safe bet that they didn't have a gun.

sounds about right to me.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
    #1396910 - 03/21/03 02:30 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

He would lose the few people supporting him if he did. Plus he would never live out the week.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1396934 - 03/21/03 02:39 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

"So, Bush NEEDS a "terror" attack to "prove" the US claims used to justify the war. He has to have one. He cannot politically survive without one."

He doesn't need one at all. All he has to do is claim that their attacks on Iraq prevented further terrorist attacks.

Goddamn, some people can't even wait for things to actually happen before they come up with a conspiracy theory explaining them.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: Phluck]
    #1396958 - 03/21/03 02:47 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Goddamn, some people can't even wait for things to actually happen before they come up with a conspiracy theory explaining them.

Seeing as you lean left, I'm pleasantly surprised to see this from you. Kudos.

It's all too common from many who share your political leanings though.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1397003 - 03/21/03 03:03 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

The same way it's all too common for those that lean right to think everything with the government is a-ok.. :smirk:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: Rono]
    #1397015 - 03/21/03 03:10 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

The same way it's all too common for those that lean right to think everything with the government is a-ok.. :smirk: 

Actually I think you are very wrong here. I tend to lean towards the right (ok so I do a little more than lean), but I think our government is in terrible shape. There is so much wrong with our governement. I also happen to know that very few people I know that lean towards the right think the government is ok. 

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1397090 - 03/21/03 03:34 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Actually (once again) you're wrong. Many, if not most of us here find fault with such things as the PAtriot Act, drug laws, high taxes and more.

I can't recall a single post from any right leaner saying everything this gov does is a-ok.

Can you?

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1397234 - 03/21/03 04:13 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Oh, Phluck definitely leans to the left in a lot of areas, but he is a SMART left-leaner.

I disagree with him on many points, but his arguments are almost always very well thought out and he is a skilled practitioner of logic and common sense.

It is a real pleasure to debate with him... unfortunately, a hell of a lot of what he says I can't dispute, so our clashes so far have been few and far between.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
    #1397419 - 03/21/03 05:29 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Please give one reason why Saddam wouldn't use WMD against US troops in this war, if he had them.

Hussein can not win against this aggression. If he does have 'weapons of mass destruction' he will use them; he has nothing to loose at this stage of the game.

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: grib]
    #1397422 - 03/21/03 05:30 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

So, another mind reader who sees all, knows all.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1397438 - 03/21/03 05:35 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

If I were Hussein, and I knew I was going to get my ass kicked and figured I was going to die, I would hit the U.S. with everything I got. If you got nothing to lose, you take the biggest piece out of your opponent as possible.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: Evolving]
    #1397476 - 03/21/03 05:45 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I probably would too. The point was, as I'm sure you realize, that he was speaking as if it was fact, rather than conjecture.

--------------------

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1397492 - 03/21/03 05:48 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

So, another mind reader who sees all, knows all.

No mind reading here. Just that if he has them he will use them. Would he have anything to loose?
---- ---- ---- ----
About the CT site: only facts are important, not speculations. Theories are just that: theories. Proof is all that counts.

Remember the old maxim, 'believe half of what you see and none of what you hear (or read in this case).

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1397498 - 03/21/03 05:51 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

You have no way of knowing at this moment if he will use them or not.

You think he will, but that's not the same.

--------------------

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1397510 - 03/21/03 05:54 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

You have no way of knowing at this moment if he will use them or not.

correct, no one does. my comments were never meant as a statement of fact, only what logic would seem to dictate.

--------------------

Edited by grib (03/21/03 05:55 AM)

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #1397574 - 03/21/03 06:07 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I think it's a pretty delicate situation. On one hand you've got Bush saying that he is going to remove Saddam from power by any means nessesary. One could assume by death, but I think that would be merely be speculation at this point, accurate to a point, but still. I think that it is pretty obvious to the entire world that the Iraqi army is no match for America's military. Saddam may realize his days are numbered and fight with any means available.

I think if he thought that there was a chance he could defeat us w/o chem weapons he wouldn't use them. Doing so would turn the world's opinion against him, justifying our cause, and in turn making us look good, something which I am betting he doesn't want. And if the world opinion were to completey turn against him, he could expect we would receive more military support.

Then again, we are all trying to analyze this as rational humans, something Saddam is not.  :smirk:

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1397615 - 03/21/03 06:16 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I_Fart_Blue writes:

Then again, we are all trying to analyze this as rational humans, something Saddam is not.

Actually, up until a few days ago, I thought he was rational, pretty much.

Everyone seems to assume that his only option is to go out in a blaze of glory, like Sampson in the temple. He may surprise us and realize that he still has a way to get out of this alive -- by agreeing to an unconditional surrender and taking his chances with an international court.

But if he triggers a nuke or lets loose a cloud of bio or chem, he is dead for sure.

I know which choice I'd make.

pinky

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Where will the staged terror attack happen? [Re: Phred]
    #1397622 - 03/21/03 06:17 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

he should've taken the money and run weeks ago...

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1397648 - 03/21/03 06:23 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

"Actually, up until a few days ago, I thought he was rational, pretty much.

I think he is pretty far out there, though certainly more grounded than a lot of tyranical leaders in the past.

"Everyone seems to assume that his only option is to go out in a blaze of glory, like Sampson in the temple. He may surprise us and realize that he still has a way to get out of this alive -- by agreeing to an unconditional surrender and taking his chances with an international court."

You're right, he may. I for one would be shocked. How would an int'l court process work?

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Anonymous

#1397668 - 03/21/03 06:29 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

i think that most people in absolute control of a major nation would hold onto that control as long as possible by whatever means necessary.

Anonymous

#1397672 - 03/21/03 06:30 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

How would an int'l court process work?

what ever happened to milosovich? isn't he under house arrest or something?

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#1397722 - 03/21/03 06:47 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

mushmaster writes:

i think that most people in absolute control of a major nation would hold onto that control as long as possible by whatever means necessary.

Holding onto control is one thing. Committing suicide is another.

Saddam has always believed (with ample justification, obviously) that he can talk his way out of anything. This self-confidence of his leads me to believe he would gamble on pulling some kind of a fast one at an international court. He may get life imprisonment, he may even be busted out of jail by some sympathetic homies -- as long as you're alive, you can always maneuver somehow.

But even Hussein knows that if he unleashes a cloud of plague or whatever, someone will kill him, perhaps as he tries to "flee custody". Or an Iraqi version of Jack Ruby, or whatever.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1397730 - 03/21/03 06:51 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

He's was busted out of jail in Egypt I believe. I don't know if the courts would risk that again.  :confused:

--------------------

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1397774 - 03/21/03 07:12 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Everyone seems to assume that his only option is to go out in a blaze of glory, like Sampson in the temple. He may surprise us and realize that he still has a way to get out of this alive -- by agreeing to an unconditional surrender and taking his chances with an international court.

"I was born here in Iraq. We will die here. We will die in this country, and we will maintain our honour ... in front of our people." -Saddam Feb 2003

Quote:

what ever happened to milosovich? isn't he under house arrest or something?

Milo?evic is on trial at the Hague.

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

#1398109 - 03/21/03 09:43 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1398129 - 03/21/03 09:54 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I've read about the same thing a while ago...kind of makes you wonder what the goverment is capable of in this day and age. ***cough*9/11*cough***

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Anonymous

#1398140 - 03/21/03 10:04 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

there are some craaaazy people in this world.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

#1398161 - 03/21/03 10:11 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I'm very worried about what's going on.

That is all.

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1398366 - 03/21/03 11:41 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

But if there are no such attacks, then the world will know that Saddam did not have those WMDs and was never a threat to the US.

Amerika is trying to prevent these attacks from happening, not induce them.

So, Bush NEEDS a "terror" attack to "prove" the US claims used to justify the war. He has to have one.

No he doesn't. The war is allready happening.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1398825 - 03/21/03 03:18 PM (21 years, 13 days ago)

The next attack around the world will only be for trust.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag