Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, HEPA Filter, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejonnygreenthumb
took caseing out of container
    #1395582 - 03/20/03 03:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hello friends my buddy bob took his caseing out of its container cause it was clear and there were pins coming out the sides. The caseing was also very dry he said. But now he has about 30 one inch little guys coming out of the caseing. The caseing is a 40\60verm coir mix. The caseing is dry as hell but the little guys are still growing. Is there anything bob can do to rehydrate his cake, its sitting on foil now in the green house with the cool mist. Bob started making his caseing a little wetter than befor. Any help would be great

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: took caseing out of container [Re: jonnygreenthumb]
    #1395618 - 03/20/03 03:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You could use a syringe to squirt water into the casing material where NO pins are.  Otherwise just let it grow, it'll be fine.  Once the pins are that big you might be able to mist with no damage, as long as you have a good mister.

btw ...Casing, not caseing :wink:

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1395631 - 03/20/03 04:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Do you have the humidfier on 24/7? Do you use anything else besides the humidifier?

Cool-mists do not always work 100% as planned. I know that in some situations they will only raise the humidity to about 80%. You can always add a pan of perilite, and the have the humidifier on a timer, so that you still get gas exchange, and have high humidity.

Misting the casing is basically the only thing I would recommend at this point. After the first flush is picked, mist more heavily for a few more days, and hten the next flush will come in, hopefully more hydrated.

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Re: took caseing out of container [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1395633 - 03/20/03 04:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

taking the casing out of the container and placing it on it's container (which would be upside down) would be a good idea wouldn't it. Pins would form on the sides as well as the top....and this would stop water build up inside the container possibly hurting the casing.......I got this idea from another shroomery patron btw

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Offlinejonnygreenthumb
Re: took caseing out of container [Re: angryshroom]
    #1395648 - 03/20/03 04:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hey my friend thanks you alot!! Bob has been running his cool mist 24/7 in the greenhouse, He has a 1.5 inch hose hooked up to the cool mist and feeds through the top of the green house. The greenhouse is enclosed in a small 4' by 5' black plastic room with a hepa in it, he has a cool set up, so he thinks. Still lots and lots of trial and error.

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1395965 - 03/20/03 06:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I always take mine out of the container if your careful you can dunk a casing like a cake.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Edited by Magash (03/20/03 06:21 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, HEPA Filter, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation