Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
Best CD Player under $150
    #1390976 - 03/19/03 08:36 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I just ordered a bunch of cd's from Amazon.com for my trip to Punta Cana next month thinking i could listen to them on my cd player, but its broken. I currently have $150 to spend...i was think of a small boombox that plays cd's and comes with headphones so i could listen to the music discreetfully on the beach, but maybe a CD player is better...i don't know. What should i get? And what kind?

& ...

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyphon
mneumatic device

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best CD Player under $150 [Re: Mojo_Risin]
    #1391029 - 03/19/03 08:49 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I recently bought the Sony D-CJ01, and I'm very happy with it. It can play mp3s that are burned onto a CD and you don't have to worry about problems with CD-Rs like some players have.

--------------------
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."
- Marcel Proust

I wish you all ceaselessly flowing moments of happiness.

Offlinesuperfine
Driter

Loc: My Home Roams
Re: Best CD Player under $150 [Re: psyphon]
    #1394609 - 03/20/03 06:34 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I have the panasonic RX-D13, I'ts gone down in price since i got it, but i'v always been happy with the sound it puts out for that price!  Can't say its the BEST under $150 due to the fact that I dont pay a whole lot of attention to testing out other peoples small boomboxes but i would definatly recomend it.  I'm in Canada, and I'm constantly seeing it on sale for $75-100 canadian.  It plays Cd-r's too.  I jammed mine up :frown: when i took it for a 2 day camping trip where we camped out under the stars on the beach, first night we got all fucked on mush the we got all hosed the rest of the trip, the tape part wont even open..... sad really.

Another thing you might be interested in as an idea, I did this for the longest time.  I bought a diskman then went out and got some computer speakers (or you could probably just use your existing speakers on your computer) The speakers will plug into the headphone or line out jack and you have portable music.  A bit lower quality sound, but it is alot smaller and if you get a diskman with antiskip you can carry the thing around in a backpack and andventure.  Plus you still have just a diskman so you can "listen to the music discreetfully on the beach" :grin:

good luck, cuz, whats life without music?

--------------------
Go through the orange yesterday

I watched intently for a while to both sides, infront of me and behind me.
I was impressed to learn there was another way to look... UP!
More impressive still was the fact that there were beautiful stars in this direction
Most amazing fact of all was the prospect of another direction when I was done with up. DOWN! Which, based on the feel through my toes would be a fine sandy beach!

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Re: Best CD Player under $150 [Re: Mojo_Risin]
    #1395016 - 03/20/03 09:24 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I have  this one, and it is  excellent.  It says $149.99 on the site, which does fit your parameter, but I got it for ~$130 on amazon.com. 

Edit -  WOW!!!!

--------------------
ha

Edited by shroominbloom (03/20/03 09:30 AM)

OfflineBOBs
bobby digital

Loc: CO
Re: Best CD Player under $150 [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1395278 - 03/20/03 11:00 AM (21 years, 13 days ago)

I also got the SlimX 350. Not only is it a badass CD player...but it plays mp3's like a champ as well.

OfflineMojo_Risin
Man

Loc: United States of America ...
Re: Best CD Player under $150 [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1397311 - 03/21/03 04:39 AM (21 years, 12 days ago)

Does it sound better than Sony? If so then i'm a click away from putting in my order.

Another question...What are the chances of refurbashed CD players being sold on ebay without the buyers knowledge? Iv'e seen some great prices on ebay but wouldn't want to pay a little less for 'damaged' goods.

--------------------
Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder