Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemud420
depression n shrooms
    #1395205 - 03/20/03 12:30 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

im gonna try shrooms soon and i got a few dilemmas n i just wantd to see wat yall thought.. ive been depressed, ive bin gettin better kinda lately, i have ulcers and i take anti-inflammatorys for it.. think im safe to have them magik mushrooms? i know shrooms make you focus on your life more and magnify feelings i just wanted to see wat someone else thought about my situation

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: depression n shrooms [Re: mud420]
    #1395255 - 03/20/03 12:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

well, i would not recomend it.

here are my reasons: if you are not in the right mind set things can get a bit overwhelming on shrooms, unlike weed your mood plays a huge role.
Also i took shrooms when i was not feeling my best and had the worst trip of my life(scared the shit out of me).
My recomendation is to wait until you are in the right mind set, BUT some people will tell you that shrooms help u confront your problems, and they are right, but make sure that you are ready to deal with those problems or u might get more that you expected

hope that helped

Offlinemud420
Re: depression n shrooms [Re: ]
    #1395279 - 03/20/03 01:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

from what im readin everywhere shrooms dont sound like there worth it, its like everyone has a terrible time and has a bad trip.. is it more likely to have a bad trip and a good trip is only occasional?

Anonymous

#1395284 - 03/20/03 01:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

basicle it is like this, if you are in a good mind set you gget a good trip, if you are going through some bad shit in your life it will be bad.
If u do do it i suggest you go outside as shrooms and closed spaces do not mix well at all. and DON'T do it alone.

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: depression n shrooms [Re: ]
    #1395305 - 03/20/03 01:21 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

It all depends on what you think a bad trip... for some people a bad trip is about being freaked out and having a bit of anxiety... I have had one bad trip and only on LSD where I became totally delusional and had to be restrained by police... now that is a pretty bad trip.. but It didnt stop me from using psychedelics because I know it was just another learning experience...

Here are some tips to the psychedelic experience:

1:) Know your Substance

understand the fundamentals of your substance in terms of the active chemicals...
understand how long it lasts what effects from what doses
read about any historical relevance of the substance.. learn about traditional uses

2) know thyself

Understand the reasons you wish to take a psychedelic
Accept your limitations and your strengths

3) Set
Make sure you understand that whatever mindset you are in leading up to and when you take a psychedelic will be amplified to a great extent...
If you are depressed when you take psychedelics then understand you will have to confront the source of your depression in great VIVID detail..

4) Setting

Make sure you are going to take a psychedelic in a place where you feel comfortable with people who understand and are not judgemental... they dont HAVE to be tripping but if they arent they should understand what it means to be tripping and have respect for the Vulnerable and Suggestable mind state that you will be in... this means people who wont play tricks on you... wont make fun of you..wont lay heavy emotional burdens on you and speak crap which will bring you down.. These kind of people are hard to find

5) Come down and Integration

When you feel like you are coming down... just let it go. Dont cling on to the experience the more you try and feel like you did when you were peaking the more depressed you will get...

After the psychedelic experience make sure you leave a little time between the next time you trip so that you can fully appreciate and integrate what you learnt from the previous trip.. So much information is given to us at so many different levels.. and alot of it is stuff we dont know about or realise..

Im sure people can add more I hope this helps

Anonymous

#1395370 - 03/20/03 01:55 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

you need to do more research. read trip reports till your blue in the face. go to erowid.org, they have lots of good information too. shrooms can't be taken lightly and should be given a lot more respect then other drugs you've taken.

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#1395548 - 03/20/03 03:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Don't eat mushrooms if you're depressed.

Its that simple, IMHO.

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: depression n shrooms [Re: djfrog]
    #1396640 - 03/21/03 01:24 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I would still disagree... If you think you cand handle it and u think you know why you want to do it... like I said no yourself..

If you trip depressed you will have a hell trip.. but maybe thats what some people need.. ??

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: depression n shrooms [Re: mesq]
    #1396972 - 03/21/03 04:53 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Never had any problem tripping when i was depressed. I found it the most powerful anti-depressant known to man. Bill Hicks tripped when he was dying of cancer and said "Mushrooms give me hope, then i watch TV and get hopeless".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinepillsbury420
psychedelicscientist

Re: depression n shrooms [Re: Xlea321]
    #1397267 - 03/21/03 06:24 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I dunno, it seems like to me.. even if i'm feeling bad.. when i decide that i'm gonna trip shrooms, that excitment automatically ups my mindset.. i've been overwhelemd on shrooms.. but always ended up enjoying my experinces.

--------------------
The day you were born, you were born free. That is your privilege.

I forgot to remember.

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: depression n shrooms [Re: pillsbury420]
    #1398303 - 03/21/03 01:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

But does anyone else agree that after a not so grea trip, youll really look back and think it was fun, even if at the time you hated it? I do.

Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: depression n shrooms [Re: jarby]
    #1398964 - 03/21/03 06:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yes I do too :smile:

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: depression n shrooms [Re: mesq]
    #1399726 - 03/22/03 06:06 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i took shrooms a few times while i wanst severely depressed..but i still mildly stressed about shit in my life....i still had somehwat good trips...but anxiety would come over my brain and i would panic...but im a good tripper so i could usually restrain it after a while.....but its that whole anxiety feeling in your brain..if your depressed this could get really bad and you might not be able to handle it

write somewhere on your hand "YOUR TRIPPING"
remind yourself that this will all be over soon, and that your on "vacation" and should just enjoy it, fuck everything else

OfflineBiteMe
Stranger
Re: depression n shrooms [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1402891 - 03/23/03 11:17 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

One thing i like to do when im tripping on shrooms is always have my mountian bike ready. If things start to get a littl wonky i go for a ride on the trails. its great i gives you something to focus on (steering and peddling) I dont go hard but its great to be out in nature.

4 suggestions - #1start light, no more than 1/8 and what ever you do dont eat more shrooms while on your trip. My first trip I ate 1/8 after 1hr i wasnt really fealing anything yet so I ate another 1/8. as soon as i did that the first ones kicked in and i knew i was in for a wild ride.

#2 Trip with someone you trust. Preferable someone whos done them before

#3 Always remember if It does start to feel bad that IT WILL END.

#4 make sure you have nothing to do the next day just to allow yourself some time to return to normal

I've take something away from every trip I've had good or bad.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience