Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1394448 - 03/20/03 05:41 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

The US aint all that bad, its better than, say, Mongolia, I suppose.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFatNug
Si-Hing

Loc: Everywhere at 1nce
Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: BigBlackNinja]
    #1394455 - 03/20/03 05:43 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Well thats how i felt a couple of months ago, loved the country hated the dictator, and the government.

Now im really starting to hate the population of the country. People just take what they hear from their "leaders" as absolute truth, and question nothing. We scream and holler about "freedom" and how we will bring"freedom" to Iraq. HA!!! look at the dixie chicks. They say one thing and their carrears are pretty much over. How can we spread freedom to another land, and we don't even have it here. Sad. If my favorite rapper came out and said he was all for the war, I would disagree but I would still enjoy the music regardless of his personal feelings. It's rediculous, pro war people that I've tried to talk with just keep spouting the trash lies that they heard on the news. Pathetic! Who from Canada wants to sponser me for citizenship?

--------------------
================================================So what's your peace of mind huh? A swiss watch? leasin' a Lex on credit? all the pussy and liquor a nigga can get..put together this puzzle, but my pieces won't fit.. {Ras kass}

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: FatNug]
    #1394472 - 03/20/03 05:49 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Thank god we have you to show us the light!

Pssstttt..... Rono, throw this maroon a bone and sponser him.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: FatNug]
    #1394483 - 03/20/03 05:52 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I consider the US like a friend, yeah sometimes I don't agree with things the US does, but at the end of the day I support my friend.

I also think that the world backlash is mostly on the US government and specifically Bush.

If I hated any country, which I don't, the closest I would come would probably be the French.. I've been sick of their disrespect to the sacrifice of the US/UK/Canada/etc losses to free them.. France seems ashamed of the fact they were walked over twice in 50yrs of wars.. They wouldn't allow Speilberg to film on Normandy, they don't turn icons of the world wars into museums, and its obvious that they learned NOTHING from the 2 world wars about dealing with aggressors.

Certainly was smart to use appeasement with Hitler, so I can see why they feel so strongly about appeasing Saddam :wink:

Edited by Thor (03/20/03 05:56 AM)

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1394516 - 03/20/03 06:05 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Rono, throw this maroon a bone and sponser him.

I would but I've filled my quota of adopting Americans for the year...besides...they keep shitting on my carpet.  :smirk:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: Rono]
    #1394523 - 03/20/03 06:08 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Eeewwwwww!!!!!!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1394558 - 03/20/03 06:18 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I hate the US, and evrything they stand for. But i try to keep an open mind and not let that cloud my judgment. For example, i wouldn't not be friends with someone because they are from america.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1394690 - 03/20/03 06:56 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

i cleaned that up!!! :mad:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1394732 - 03/20/03 07:18 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Only after I rubbed your nose in it and beat you with a rolled up newspaper... :wink:

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1394769 - 03/20/03 07:31 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

You need to put them outside after! :mad:  How else would they know where thier place is? :wink:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#1394786 - 03/20/03 07:35 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

ha..

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1394830 - 03/20/03 07:58 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

The United States has 280 million people in it, many of them born elsewhere, and practically all of them from somewhere else, if you go back far enough. Being one of the youngest nations out there, you don't have to go back too far.

The United States, unlike every other country in existence, was founded on the basis of a set of ideas. It was not an organic agglomeration of people of the same race and language, and it was not created by the fiat of some empire or international organization above it. It came about because a large enough group of people who commanded the genuine respect of their compatriots decided to adopt a set of ideals based upon the most progressive and enlightened philosophy of their day. Nothing like this has ever happened before or since.

But somewhere along the way things went wrong, as, in the real world, they always do. The attempted genocide of the Native Americans, slavery of the blacks, etc. Americans learned very early on how to feel comfortable with a very wide, wide gap between stated ideals and actual realities. Another name for this type of comfort is hypocrisy. America is not the worst country in the world--indeed, by many indexes it is by far the best, and in practically every index ranks among the top ten at least. America is, however, the most hypocritical nation in the world, the one where stated ideals and realities are the furthest apart. Other countries are much worse, of course, but they don't make the same grandiose, self-righteous claims. And that is something that we Americans, if we really love our country instead of using its greatness as a lazy and easy way to boost our personal, individual self-esteem, that is something that we should work on.

To love something is not to turn a blind eye to its faults, to make excuses for its shortcomings, to sit idly by thinking all is right when there is a lot that is terribly wrong. To love something is also not being willing to destroy and denigrate everything else simply for the sake of what you love.

I love the ideals that the United States was founded on. I respect and admire millions and millions of my countrymen. But Bush and his gang have demonstrated to me time and time again that they will happily take a dump and a piss on everything this country originally stood for as long as it works to their own political advantage and fattens their pocketbooks. All the while they drape themselves in the flag and, unfortunately, far too many of my countrymen are gullible and trusting enough to fall for it, despite the fact that ever since the election of 2000 nothing good has happened to this country. National life these past two years has been nothing but a dark string of misfortunes. The blame for all of these can't be laid at Bush's door, that's certainly true, but I have no choice but to conclude that even when it's not his own fuckup, Bush is simply bad luck for this country.

I

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1394910 - 03/20/03 08:39 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

That has to be one of the better posts i have ever read on this site...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Anonymous

#1394926 - 03/20/03 08:45 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

i second that

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1394927 - 03/20/03 08:45 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

Yes, very well said.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: GazzBut]
    #1394992 - 03/20/03 09:16 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I hate lies,deceit, greed, manipulation, exploitation

Do you think it's just Amerika who does bad stuff? Amerika in fact does alot less than Iraq. ALL governments are liars in case you didn't know.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1394996 - 03/20/03 09:18 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I believe that the Constitution is quite possibly America's greatest achievement, and I wish the government would abide by it.

Is making war against the Constitution?  :confused:

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: Murex]
    #1395005 - 03/20/03 09:20 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

No...but many aspects of the Patriot act are...

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1395011 - 03/20/03 09:22 AM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I hate the US, and evrything they stand for.

You hate freedom?

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

Offlineshoe
In Death'sEmbrace
Loc: Australia
Re: How many people actually HATE the United States? [Re: Murex]
    #1396271 - 03/20/03 06:28 PM (21 years, 14 days ago)

I don't hate the US. I hate the US goverment. Difference.

The majority of the American people have absolutely nothign to do with the creation of law/war in the US (unfortunately). It would therefore be wrong to hate them for something they didn't do.
That being said, there are a lot of ignorant people in the US (as all countries, of course), but, even so, i don't dislike them for being ignorant. Being able to have an opinion is one of the foundations of freedom. Why should i hate someone for having a different opinion to me?
Unfortunately, freedom is dying in America. If things keep going this way then people will not be able to have an opinion at all.

Perhaps i should say that i dislike the rule-makers in the goverment? There are multitudes of people in the government who are only following orders, doing thier job..
The major problem with the US gov is that they are getting a little too cocky for their own good. They are taking the wrong attitude to foreign policies. (ie. appointing themselves judge, jury and liberator). They are causing a lot of problems domestically and worldwide.. and it would be quite easy to say that George Dubya Bush is an extremely dangerous man to be appointed head of the most powerful country in the world...

"You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier." Describing what it's like to be governor of Texas.
(Governing Magazine 7/98)

-- From Paul Begala's "Is Our Children Learning?"

"I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator," Bush joked.

-- CNN.com, December 18, 2000

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it, " [Bush] said.

-- Business Week, July 30, 2001

--------------------
The above writings are fictional. It is being used to collect information to write a book about someone growing mushrooms.

And remember I will always love you,
As I claw your fucking throat away.
It can end no other way.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order