Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]
OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: tyrannicalrex] * 2
    #13936926 - 02/09/11 11:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The only reason I don't like those cock pics is because I am afraid of my wang twitching at the site and forever wondering if I am a homosexual.

(just kidding)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #13936939 - 02/09/11 11:04 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

True, I agree with the first emboldened statement. I still don't know why it has to be a god or wrath from said god. The second one I think is that change must happen even though it seems as though it never could, would, or should. Not always and completely, but look at it differently and not be afraid of change. sometimes a modification of traditions is a great improvement. Sometimes abolishing old and out dated ones would be best.

Well, if you just define "god" as "the nature of the universe" then in that context cause and effect are results of the nature of that nature and thus god ... know what i mean?

These things aren't supposed to be taken literally, it's a metaphor.

When i say "some things pretty much never change" what i mean basically is the laws of physics (existence) and moral teachings based on those etc...

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: PreparationH]
    #13936947 - 02/09/11 11:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

A tingle in the groin put there by "god"? I need to go to bed now. I hijacked this thread with your help. Know that! G'nite all! Peace Shins, PH and all you people. I love this sort of convo even though it is round and round. That is part of the fun. 5 shrooms to all of you.

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: Shins]
    #13936962 - 02/09/11 11:08 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shins said:
Quote:

True, I agree with the first emboldened statement. I still don't know why it has to be a god or wrath from said god. The second one I think is that change must happen even though it seems as though it never could, would, or should. Not always and completely, but look at it differently and not be afraid of change. sometimes a modification of traditions is a great improvement. Sometimes abolishing old and out dated ones would be best.

Well, if you just define "god" as "the nature of the universe" then in that context cause and effect are results of the nature of that nature and thus god ... know what i mean?

These things aren't supposed to be taken literally, it's a metaphor.

When i say "some things pretty much never change" what i mean basically is the laws of physics (existence) and moral teachings based on those etc...

Yes I understand all that. I just wanted an answer. It is what I felt/read was there in your statements and I needed confirmation of my thoughts/your implications.:thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: PreparationH]
    #13936970 - 02/09/11 11:09 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
I see what you mean, you believe there is a "why" I believe there isn't yet can not decide whether the universe is infinite or is that freaky that it appeared from nothing.

Regardless, the universe is :cool:

Well, maybe "why" wasn't the best word to use,  more like is

It is what it is, and it makes up the everything.

That's what "god" is from my understanding...

--------------------

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #13936988 - 02/09/11 11:12 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
A tingle in the groin put there by "god"? I need to go to bed now. I hijacked this thread with your help. Know that! G'nite all! Peace Shins, PH and all you people. I love this sort of convo even though it is round and round. That is part of the fun. 5 shrooms to all of you.

:lol: i enjoyed our convo! goodnight!

me too, i need a break :lol:

--------------------

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: Shins]
    #13937004 - 02/09/11 11:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hey goodnight shins good chat.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #13937278 - 02/10/11 12:16 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Sweet Jesus, this thread became a conflagration while I wasn't looking.

It's easy to use religion as an excuse AND as a scapegoat, because nobody fucking understands it.

motherfucking /thread

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13937577 - 02/10/11 01:32 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Hitler was rather anti-Christian. He was not strident about it because so many Germans were Christian, but he himself regarded Christianity as a Jewish racial contamination.

I don't think Hitler believed in anything except death and the misapplication of ancient runes.

Source?  From what I read I was under the impression that he was a Christian....

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
talking to yourself changes nothing. if it makes you feel better, maybe you need to move up a little intellectually and learn to accept the fact that shit happens and sometimes you feel bad about it. but thats no reason to believe a bunch of bullshit.

If it makes you feel better, you don't "need" to do anything IMO... your belief system is set up adequately enough to provide happiness instead of unhappiness. :shrug2:

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
i kicked the shit out of my sister-in-laws dog (a chihuahua-pinscher mix, it probably weighs like 8 lbs) on purpose. it literally flew through the air and did 2 backflips before coming back to mother earth. i think i had a good reason too, but still i feel like shit about it and she will never forgive me. i really like her and it hurts that she will probably never genuinely like me ever again. shes nice to me, but i know she hates me now.

but i live with it. i dont go crying to a corner and get on my knees so i can talk to the wind because i feel bad about it.

:thumbup: and good for you.  But maybe some people DO need to externalize a forgiver in order to ultimately feel redeemed.

Quote:

Shins said:
Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
Quote:

Shins said:Does it even matter if Jesus existed? 

I don't see Jesus anywhere forcing to to believe what he says or did, 

do you live in america? or do you just not notice my life being affected by the story of jesus because you agree with it?

some people go against jesus and it puts them in jail.

and that has nothing to do with true Christianity!

It's probably why you reject it out rite too, the so called Christians who don't even follow their own religion who sadly make up a large population in America!

Textbook case of the No True Scotsman fallacy.  :nono:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #13938999 - 02/10/11 11:46 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

These guys are true Scottsmen:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: deCypher]
    #13940226 - 02/10/11 03:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Hitler was rather anti-Christian. He was not strident about it because so many Germans were Christian, but he himself regarded Christianity as a Jewish racial contamination.

I don't think Hitler believed in anything except death and the misapplication of ancient runes.

Source?  From what I read I was under the impression that he was a Christian....

He publicly endorsed a form of Christianity where Jesus was an Aryan because he couldn't really try to tell the German people not to be Christians, but he was not a fan. He thought Christianity was a pussy religion.

There's a whole article about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler%27s_religious_views

I think the most telling quote is this, though:

"We do not want any other god than Germany itself. It is essential to have fanatical faith and hope and love in and for Germany."

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineMLDSMDA
All good things in all good time
Male

#13941339 - 02/10/11 07:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Your fighting a battle you cannot win right now my friend. I agree with almost all your posts, but it appears a lot of the people here just can't respect anothers opinion and have tolerance towards someone truly believing their doing good. If your offended by someone telling you Christianity is the path and trying to give you a bible, you need to learn to tolerate other people views, because your going to have to deal with them your whole life. Just like you would want people to tolerate your drug use. Not exactly being the change we want to see now are we? I personally have found a lot of wisdom in the bible. I could never light another religions book on fire because it's just plain disrespectful and all religion has something to learn from it. Sorry a lot of you can't see that.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: MLDSMDA] * 1
    #13942030 - 02/10/11 09:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MLDSMDA said:
Your fighting a battle you cannot win right now my friend. I agree with almost all your posts, but it appears a lot of the people here just can't respect anothers opinion and have tolerance towards someone truly believing their doing good. If your offended by someone telling you Christianity is the path and trying to give you a bible, you need to learn to tolerate other people views, because your going to have to deal with them your whole life. Just like you would want people to tolerate your drug use. Not exactly being the change we want to see now are we? I personally have found a lot of wisdom in the bible. I could never light another religions book on fire because it's just plain disrespectful and all religion has something to learn from it. Sorry a lot of you can't see that.

Apology accepted.

InvisibleCakk
Female

Re: Walking across campus today and this priest was handing out pamphlets.. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #13942214 - 02/10/11 09:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
I actually restrain myself with pushy God freaks too, mostly because I feel sorry for them in the first place.

Yea same.  If it makes them happy who am I to take that form them though

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom