Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Check out some Glow in the Dark T-shirts I made last night - M.C. Escher-type impossible Images * 1
    #13925810 - 02/08/11 04:43 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Here are a few shirts I made using Glow in the Dark materials. I show them first with the light on and then turn the light off to try to catch the glow with the camera. Then I take out a violet laser pointer and show how you can draw on the glow materials :smile:

Each vid is 20-30 seconds...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
Re: Check out some Glow in the Dark T-shirts I made last night - M.C. Escher-type impossible Images [Re: dwpineal]
    #13925823 - 02/08/11 04:51 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Meh...  :shrug:

JK That's fuckin awesome!!  :awebig:

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: Check out some Glow in the Dark T-shirts I made last night - M.C. Escher-type impossible Images [Re: dwpineal]
    #13925826 - 02/08/11 04:51 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thats tight. I love those shapes.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

OfflineiLuvAF
Dont take me seriously!!
Male User Gallery
Loc: FL Flag
Re: Check out some Glow in the Dark T-shirts I made last night - M.C. Escher-type impossible Images [Re: The_Ghost]
    #13925872 - 02/08/11 05:29 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Love the shapes!
Where do you get a violet laser pointer?!
:O

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Check out some Glow in the Dark T-shirts I made last night - M.C. Escher-type impossible Images [Re: iLuvAF] * 2
    #13926226 - 02/08/11 08:19 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Newbie said:
Meh...  :shrug:

JK That's fuckin awesome!!  :awebig:

:rofl2: You totally got me with that one!!! I was like :sad: at first and then
:fasted:

Quote:

iLuvAF said:
Love the shapes!
Where do you get a violet laser pointer?!
:O

The violet laser pointer is a funny story :smile: I was at a Rhythm Devils show wearing a hoodie with the glow in the dark image, and some guys next to me were playing with the laser pens. I started talking to them and they were selling the lasers, the guy told me that they're new blacklight lasers.

So I took the laser and wrote on the glow image with it and it looks really neat. So I asked how much for the laser pens, and he told me $40. I was going to bargain with him and try to get it for $30, but I said WTF and just bought it. Then I read the specs on the laser pen and typed them into eBay, I found basically the same pen for $10 (they come from hong kong for $1.00 but the shipping is about $8.50, I also found some on Amazon for about $8.50 or so...) :foreheadslap:

Look up 405nm laser pointer and you'll find them.

I also started playing with the laser pointers and painting canvases with Glow in the Dark paints if you place the canvas next to a mirror you get crazy symmetrical images. This below shows 2 canvases and 2 mirrors placed at 90 degree angles...(this is not my video, but same idea :smile:)

OfflineiLuvAF
Dont take me seriously!!
Male User Gallery
Loc: FL Flag
    #13926232 - 02/08/11 08:21 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You sir.. ARE BLOWING MY FUCKING MIND.

--------------------
My first attempt at a SUCCESSFUL grow!
-------
Total prints donated: 1
Please Donate!
--------
Looking for PE prints!
I have forever and 4$ stamps to trade!:pm: me!

Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

#13926245 - 02/08/11 08:27 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Dude...those are really really really really aweosme, I like your art.

And that laser trick is neat, I will have to try one, there is invisible glow in the dark paint, right? Imagine painting your ceilling with it getting down and just drawing for hours with that pointer, will any laser do or just the one you have?

Oh, and here is a little present because you are so awesome:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

One more question, do you do your t-shirts with stencils or how?

--------------------
Not to be taken seriously by any means!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #13926257 - 02/08/11 08:31 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I dont often comment on people's art but those shirts are cool

does this mean you're going through a cubist phase?

Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

Re: Check out some Glow in the Dark T-shirts I made last night - M.C. Escher-type impossible Images [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13926278 - 02/08/11 08:37 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

:lol: I really loled. But that's not what cubism means, right?

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Check out some Glow in the Dark T-shirts I made last night - M.C. Escher-type impossible Images [Re: 13.step]
    #13926279 - 02/08/11 08:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

no... I just had to throw it out there, lol

OfflineAnneji
Stranger

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Check out some Glow in the Dark T-shirts I made last night - M.C. Escher-type impossible Images [Re: 13.step]
    #13926282 - 02/08/11 08:39 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

...come party with me, please?

--------------------
http://soundcloud.com/the-great-fool

Music.

Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

Re: Check out some Glow in the Dark T-shirts I made last night - M.C. Escher-type impossible Images [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #13926334 - 02/08/11 08:54 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'm feeling proud I got the joke :bananadance:

Anneji are you a good looking girl with a smoking hot body and great cooking skillz? Then yeah, I'll come party with you :awesomenod:

--------------------

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#13926433 - 02/08/11 09:16 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

iLuvAF said:
You sir.. ARE BLOWING MY FUCKING MIND.

That's what I'm going for :smile: Thanks a million!!!!!!:awethumb:

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
I dont often comment on people's art but those shirts are cool

LOL, thanks my brother! the shapes came from this drawing, the DMT Mandala (well not the circular one, but the cube ones :smile:)

Quote:

13.step said:
Dude...those are really really really really aweosme, I like your art.

And that laser trick is neat, I will have to try one, there is invisible glow in the dark paint, right? Imagine painting your ceilling with it getting down and just drawing for hours with that pointer, will any laser do or just the one you have?

Oh, and here is a little present because you are so awesome:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

One more question, do you do your t-shirts with stencils or how?

Well, the Glow in the Dark paint I used to make the boards (I tried a BUNCH of different paints and even powders) that worked the best so far was actually the Krylon Glowz spray paint. I don't like the consistency of the paint though, so I found a brush on glow paint at Home Depot made by Rust-o-leum, that works great with like 4-5 coats. I just ordered some of the Krylon Glowz paint (but not the spray paint, the paint in a can that you can brush paint) from TrueValue and they just arrived so I'm going to paint a bunch of new glow boards this week.

One of the things I am playing around with is the time of the glow - a quickly disappearing glow works really cool for effects, but it disappears too quickly to do advanced artwork, so the stuff I use for the t-shirts is actually better as the glow lasts quite a long time...

And of course, like you, I thought of painting a whole wall with the paint :smile: It is a slightly off-white color. I think green lasers might work as well, but I am not sure. I know the violet lasers work because they're in the same light wavelength as blacklights (actually the best blacklights are around 365nm, and these are 405nm (not as good), but they work spectacularly with the glow boards and shirts :smile:

I make the shirts using glow in the dark vinyl. I imported the images into a CAD-CUT program and it cuts my image out of the vinyl. I then have to remove all the unwanted vinyl and then use a t-shirt heat press (just bought it and these are my VERY FIRST shirts I ever made with it :smile:!) to seal the vinyl. It is great because the vinyl has a really even glow and they say vinyl will outlast the shirt, so it is a great production method...

Love you all, thanks for the good vibes and support, it means a lot to me

Light and Love,
DW
:gd_icon:

Edited by dwpineal (02/08/11 09:21 AM)

Offline13.step
cynical bastard
Male

#13926565 - 02/08/11 10:03 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome, thanks a lot for the detailed response, well I've been wanting to make my own shirts for some time now, bought paint last week (boring black textil paint) and made a stencil last night which I will hopefully cut out today and paint it, I don't know if I'll have the energy though.

Your method of making them is high-tech, really professional (IMO) far better then the stencil-paint-brush tehnique I'm working with :lol:, but I'm doing this just as a hobby, I believe a setup such as yours would set you back quite a few bucks?

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

#13926592 - 02/08/11 10:14 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:raveface:

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Check out some Glow in the Dark T-shirts I made last night - M.C. Escher-type impossible Images [Re: nicechrisman]
    #13926728 - 02/08/11 10:55 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Sweet shirts! :awesome:

Those cube paterns remind me of some of Kris Davidson's artwork.

--------------------

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

#13926764 - 02/08/11 11:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So happy to be able to share info! Yes the set-up cost a few bucks, but I see it as an investment, as we do a lot of vending at festivals (I'm still pretty new to the vending game, so each time is a new revelation for me :smile:)

But basically my girlfriend had something called a "cricut" that she was using to make these amazing holiday cards for friends. However the machine is limited to only doing certain shapes that come on cartridges of like 100 images each. She would have to buy a bunch of those cartridges - or a new one if she wanted an image she didn't have.

So I got the idea to try to hack the machine to be able to feed in images through my laptop. I found a program that does just that called Make The Cut and they have forums just like us - so that helps a LOT.

I was able to load my own drawings into the program and it sends the images to the cricut which is really a desktop CNC Router...I wanted more room, and hers only cut images 6in x 12in, so we bought a bigger newer Cricut Expression and it does images 12in x 24in ($200 at Wal-Mart)

So once I got it cut, then I tried ironing it on using a regular iron (for ironing clothes). It worked pretty good, but I did a lot of reading at a place called the T-Shirt Forums (awesome info there), and learned that to do it right, you need a professional heat press. The recommended starter heat presses cost about $300, so I got one of those :smile:

I like buying things that help make me money later, it seems like a wise use of funds...

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#13927000 - 02/08/11 12:05 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dwpineal said:
Here are a few shirts I made using Glow in the Dark materials. I show them first with the light on and then turn the light off to try to catch the glow with the camera. Then I take out a violet laser pointer and show how you can draw on the glow materials :smile:

Each vid is 20-30 seconds...

Every time you post your artwork, man. Totally my style.

I assume you screen printed them, with glow in the dark paint in place of ink. due to the accuracy of the design.

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#13927007 - 02/08/11 12:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dwpineal said:
So happy to be able to share info! Yes the set-up cost a few bucks, but I see it as an investment, as we do a lot of vending at festivals (I'm still pretty new to the vending game, so each time is a new revelation for me :smile:)

But basically my girlfriend had something called a "cricut" that she was using to make these amazing holiday cards for friends. However the machine is limited to only doing certain shapes that come on cartridges of like 100 images each. She would have to buy a bunch of those cartridges - or a new one if she wanted an image she didn't have.

So I got the idea to try to hack the machine to be able to feed in images through my laptop. I found a program that does just that called Make The Cut and they have forums just like us - so that helps a LOT.

I was able to load my own drawings into the program and it sends the images to the cricut which is really a desktop CNC Router...I wanted more room, and hers only cut images 6in x 12in, so we bought a bigger newer Cricut Expression and it does images 12in x 24in ($200 at Wal-Mart)

So once I got it cut, then I tried ironing it on using a regular iron (for ironing clothes). It worked pretty good, but I did a lot of reading at a place called the T-Shirt Forums (awesome info there), and learned that to do it right, you need a professional heat press. The recommended starter heat presses cost about $300, so I got one of those :smile:

I like buying things that help make me money later, it seems like a wise use of funds...

You should do ghetto screen print some time, it's really fun.

That's brilliant though. Desktop CNC router! Do want!!!

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlineanycolouryoulike
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Check out some Glow in the Dark T-shirts I made last night - M.C. Escher-type impossible Images [Re: blujay]
    #13927043 - 02/08/11 12:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Holy shit i'd give you like $20 for that 3rd one. Awesome shirts man!:eek:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder