Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
OfflineHippieChick8
seeker of justice
Female


Registered: 06/25/09
Posts: 869
Loc: Texas
Last seen: 7 years, 1 month
Re: The individualistic society erodes community and general well-being. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #13922630 - 02/07/11 08:11 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

HippieChick8 said:


It is also ironic that someone who claims to be a multi millionaire is so unsatisfied.  That confirms for me that money does not bring satisfaction.




Where did I claim to be a multimillionaire?  Damn gummint takes most of it away.

I am quite satisfied.  I post here to educate and inform, to warn all the little children the dangers of the Kollektif and the value of self sufficiency.  Self sufficiency does not mean that you grow your own fucking food.  It means you earn what you get, that it isn't given to you by some paternalistic suffocating life destroying entity.

There can be no self respect for the dependent.  And no, paying somebody to grow food is not dependency.  zappa fuck




You mentioned you were in the top 5% financially.  Don't you have to be a multimillionaire to be in the top 5%? 

I know we are all dependent on each other in some way.  No man (or woman) is an island.  But growing some of our own food is like a form of insurance against an economic disaster and is also healthy, satisfying and sometimes even challenging.  You would be surprised at some of the obstacles that come up.

I agree with you that mediocrity is prevalent in the U.S. today.  Academic achievement is not heavily valued, although we give it lip service.  Sports, fashion, appearance, sexiness, entertainment, high tech gadgets and superficiality of any kind are the things that are valued in this country.  So who is to blame? That reminds me of something:

If lust and hate is the candy
If love and blood tastes so sweet
then we give 'em what they want.

So their eyes are growing hazy
'cos they wanna turn it on,
so their minds are soft and lazy.
Well... who do you wanna blame?


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole


Registered: 02/11/04
Posts: 81,741
Loc: Fractallife's gym
Last seen: 5 years, 7 months
Re: The individualistic society erodes community and general well-being. [Re: HippieChick8]
    #13922685 - 02/07/11 08:19 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

HippieChick8 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

HippieChick8 said:


It is also ironic that someone who claims to be a multi millionaire is so unsatisfied.  That confirms for me that money does not bring satisfaction.




Where did I claim to be a multimillionaire?  Damn gummint takes most of it away.

I am quite satisfied.  I post here to educate and inform, to warn all the little children the dangers of the Kollektif and the value of self sufficiency.  Self sufficiency does not mean that you grow your own fucking food.  It means you earn what you get, that it isn't given to you by some paternalistic suffocating life destroying entity.

There can be no self respect for the dependent.  And no, paying somebody to grow food is not dependency.  zappa fuck




You mentioned you were in the top 5% financially.  Don't you have to be a multimillionaire to be in the top 5%?




Not even close.  I also live in one of the most expensive areas of the country.  If we lived in Iowa we would be rich rich rich.  But we don't.  And then there is college.  Oy. 
Quote:



I know we are all dependent on each other in some way.  No man (or woman) is an island.  But growing some of our own food is like a form of insurance against an economic disaster and is also healthy, satisfying and sometimes even challenging.  You would be surprised at some of the obstacles that come up.




It is not a possibility here nor will it be of much use to you in whatever imaginary apocalypse scenario you have created. 
Quote:



I agree with you that mediocrity is prevalent in the U.S. today.  Academic achievement is not heavily valued, although we give it lip service.  Sports, fashion, appearance, sexiness, entertainment, high tech gadgets and superficiality of any kind are the things that are valued in this country.  So who is to blame? That reminds me of something:

If lust and hate is the candy
If love and blood tastes so sweet
then we give 'em what they want.

So their eyes are growing hazy
'cos they wanna turn it on,
so their minds are soft and lazy.
Well... who do you wanna blame?




Mediocrity is always prevalent.  That's why they call it average.  Most people are within 1 standard deviation either way of the norm on every measure.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male


Registered: 03/15/05
Posts: 95,368
Loc: underbelly
Re: The individualistic society erodes community and general well-being. [Re: HippieChick8]
    #13924292 - 02/07/11 11:51 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

HippieChick8 said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
It is also ironic that someone who claims to be a multi millionaire is so unsatisfied.  That confirms for me that money does not bring satisfaction.

You continue to amaze me.  Just because some people who are rich are not happy does not mean that money does not bring satisfaction.  I'm very satisfied with my money.  I mean compared to the alternative.  Were I to get another 20 million I would be even more satisfied and I'm sure it would increase my enjoyment of life.  All wealth is on a continuum.  You would be considered rich by most standards in the world. Any your constant whining and complaining about those who have more shows to me your vise like attachment to money. And it's not making you very happy.  I suggest leaving the farm and living  naked in the wild.  (Send photos) :whacker:




I should have said money in excess of what I need will not bring me more satisfaction.  I know I am rich in many ways.  Why is it so wrong to want EVERYONE who is willing to work full time to have food, shelter and the basic necessities?

I am worried about a further economic collapse in this country.  Acquiring a few country skills helps me to feel secure more so than money in a bank, which can be taken away or deemed worthless in a severe economic collapse.  Do you realize everything of value can be taken away from you except your knowledge and skills?





What you need?  How do you determine that? Do you get to determine that for everyone else?  There's nothing to be done about the grotesquely rich. That's what they care about for whatever reason. What you continually miss is the fact that you can't do anything about them. It's human nature for the majority of humanity. Money means security and for some too much is never enough. So the fuck what?

And if you are willing to work and have some needed skills then yes it would be great if you could find a job and feed yourself.  Most who do can.  Life isn't perfect dear and you keep thinking you can achieve that.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Myth of Freedom and Individuality the_phoenix 1,116 1 12/13/04 04:50 PM
by Mrbadguy
* Anarchist Society *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
0toxic0 3,719 34 07/28/03 11:31 PM
by fireworks_god
* The BreakDown of Society
( 1 2 all )
Ego Death 1,807 20 08/21/03 02:33 AM
by whole9
* Let's create a community of awakened individuals. the_phoenix 630 7 12/21/04 05:00 PM
by the_phoenix
* Evolution and Society
( 1 2 3 all )
DoctorJ 4,829 46 03/16/04 01:29 PM
by Phred
* appeal for a mystical society,
( 1 2 all )
Mitchnast 3,947 34 03/19/03 07:31 PM
by Zero7a1
* My Sociological Model and Theory of Society (& Psychedelics) Twirling 2,113 11 03/14/04 04:44 PM
by DoctorJ
* Are tribal stone-age shamanistic societies fucked or what?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Mixomatosis 12,256 135 10/03/04 04:30 PM
by NiamhNyx

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
5,014 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 15 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2022 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.047 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 19 queries.