Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKeij
HERP'N DERP
Female

Driving around in Atlanta on acid
    #13914273 - 02/06/11 03:55 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I read Flop's story, and decided to post my own crazy acid adventure. This is probably nowhere as entertaining as Flop's, but it certainly was a hellofa trip. Looking back on these events, everything seems to be a huge blur. However, I'll try to piece the night together as best I can.

I was attending art school in Atlanta, and my next door dorm-mate said he could get some cheap sid. I was psyched about it. This was going to be my second time tripping LSD. I was already failing school, as MaryJane had a huge grasp on my life at that point in time, so I needed a break from my depression. Granted the last time I had tripped sid I had a very bad trip, I figured if I stayed in my dorm I would be ok, and nothing would go wrong.

Somewhere around 8 or 9 in the evening, me and another girl hopped in SWIM's car and proceeded to drive out to shit fuck nowhere to meet the connect. Once we arrived, I remember being very impatient to get the trip I needed. I flooded the others with paranoid questions such as, "When are they gonna get here? How long do you think it'll take? Do you think this will be good? Oh shit is that the 5-0?" and after about 15 minutes of waiting, the connects finally arrived.

This one dude took our money, (mine being $20 for two hits), and headed into the apartment complex that was behind us. It took him about ten more minutes to finally come back with the foil-wrapped sugar cubes. All I remember him saying before he left was, "Have a nice trip." with an evil grin on his face. I disregarded it, but didn't know that I was going to be HEAVILY dosed that evening.

While we were driving back to the city, I nommed on the sugar cubes. Both of them at the same time (bad idea). After about 5 minutes, I started to feel very stoned. The lights on the highway were mesmerizing, and I was counting the intervals between each light. I wasn't seeing visuals yet, and was still able to carry on a semi-coherent conversation with the other two people in the car.

We arrived at our dorm, and by this time I was feeling shit-faced stoned. I remember being outside, smoking a cigarette, and this guy was carrying on a conversation with me. He asked me if I was ok, and I told him "I just took two hits of acid, ha..." he kinda looked at me very... very puzzled, and was like "Oh.. well.. um... alright?" I begged him not to tell anyone, and he agreed. After I finished my cig, we walked together to the staircase. (our elevator was very slow, and I wanted to get up to my room asap.) I pleaded at him to help me up the stairs, because by this time, I was starting to see intense oevs. The stairs were kind of melting into eachother, and each step seemed like it was ten feet high.

SOMEHOW I made it up the stairs and into my room. My roommate was at a party, so I tried fucking around on the internet, but everything on my computer screen was so wide and pixelated, I just kinda got lost staring at my background (which was a picture of P!nk). Her face started to melt and I just stared as it melted more and more into the screen.

My roommate came in and she was like "Are you okay? You don't look too good." and I told her what I was on. She looked very tall, and her pink frilly tutu stood out, making everything in the room that was pink accentuated. I told her to stop it (meaning stop being so tall). She just laughed at me. I begged her to stay, but she got mad and told me she wasn't my babysitter. She picked out Fear and Loathing for me to watch, and put it on.

I was watching it for about an hour, in which I remember everything being more than it was. Dr Gonzo's face would morph into a demonic entity, and Thompson's trips were extremely exaggerated, and seemed to create everything around me like the movie.

I got fed up with it, because my attention span was short, so I decided to call a friend. Let me tell you, trying to operate an iPhone while tripping is very complicated. I remember blabbering on at him about nothing, and closing my eyes and seeing fractal spirals swirling around into eachother. I was describing them to him, and the next thing I knew he had hung up. But the weird thing was that he had hung up 5 minutes before I checked my phone, in which time, I was still carrying on a conversation with him. I was basically having a conversation with nobody, and was pretending that he was talking back with me.

This is where the trip gets intense, and where I start to lose it.

I ran out of cigarettes. I had none. There were zero. I stared at the empty box for probably 20 minutes, wondering how I was going to get some. I traveled down to a friend's room, and entered into a very BAD feeling room. Everyone was concentrated on my friend playing some sort of Sonic game. I asked if anyone had a cigarette, and their eyes vaporized me with one glance. I was feeling SUPER uncomfortable. I asked another friend who I met in the hall if she had any cigs, and she, like many others, asked me what was wrong. I told her, and she basically freaked out, wondering if I would be ok. I mumbled something like "yeah yeah I'll be fine as long as cigarettes.. mmm" and ran away back up to my room.

I drank almost half the gallon of milk. I noticed that before I drank the milk, everything seemed very crystallized and clear. But after the milk, everything became all melty and distorted. I figured "HEY! THATS IT! ITS OVER! I CAN GO GET SOME CIGS." I hopped in my car.

I took a deep breath, put the key in the ignition and started the car. I was just going to the gas station and back. That was it.

I was insane on the roads. I could barely determine where the lines were. My car looked so wide, as if the other side of the car was stretched out to nothingness. The roads were the same; wide, and moving. I passed the gas station. "OH NO." I thought, "This is going to be bad. I'm driving, and I'm on ACID. ACID." I drove all the way down spring street, and got on the highway.

The highway looked... like the red sea. It was parting, and either side of the highway was closing in around me. Passing motorists honked at me, because I was in the middle of two lanes. I was now, beginning to get very frightened. I didn't know where I was, or where I was going. I exited eventually, and was driving around in some unknown part of town. Stoplights were confusing. I couldn't remember which color meant go, and which color meant stop. I almost went the wrong way down several one way streets. I finally parked at the side of the road, and turned on my hazard lights.

I fumbled with my phone, and tried to get my google maps up. To my unknowing, I had pressed 'walking distance' instead of car. I stared at the screen. It said it would take me 5 hours to get back to my dorm. I proceeded to freak the fuck out. What was I gonna do? Who was I going to call? My roommate didn't have a car, so there's no way she could come and get me, and nobody else I knew would be awake at 2 in the morning.

I decided to try and make my way back to the school as best I could. I was getting more and more lost every single second, constantly checking the map on my phone to see where I was. I couldn't make heads or tails of it, and decided to say FUCK IT and use my brain. That failed. Horribly.

I ended up parking at a gas station, and began to cry. I was in the bad part of town, it wasn't hard to tell. I looked to the car next to me, and saw an old black couple smoking cigarettes. "Cigarettes" I thought. Thats what my entire horrendous journey had started out for. I hesitated, and finally built up the guts to ask the man for a cigarette. He looked at me with this, 'who the fuck are you and what the fuck do you want' kind of mug. Eventually he gave me a cigarette.

I didn't even smoke the fucking thing. I turned my car back on and tried to get home again.

The rest of that night was a bit of a blur. Driving on empty roads, listening to music, trying to get back. My goal was to get back. I had to get back. I couldn't waste any more time. During the insane trip, visuals were still going strong, but melted and distorted.

I remember a cop car, turning on its lights behind me. I didn't pull over. Eventually, I pulled to the side, in tears, knowing I would get caught. However, by the grace of god himself, they turned off their lights and drove on past me.

Eventually, I got back. By that time my trip had ceased to an extent where I could operate my phone correctly, and actually get back safely.

The last thing I remember before getting back was driving down peachtree, and several cars coming the wrong way. I WAS THE ONE ON ACID, AND THEY WERE THE ONES DRIVING THE WRONG WAY. "How funny" I thought to myself.

I got back, and tried to crash, but ended up replaying the night over and over until I finally passed out.

And that was the night I will never forget.

I'm seriously lucky I didn't kill myself, or anyone else. The milk did nothing but amplify my trip, and I never even got that pack of cigarettes. I told myself that would be the last time I tripped sid, having learned my lesson very well.

I think I'll do it again some day, but the next time I do, I am going to lock up my keys, and stock up on cigarettes before hand.

Thanks for reading my story. Sorry if it was a little jumbled, it's 4 AM and I'm piss tired.

Time to pass out...

--------------------
List of Substances:
2CI, 2CE, 2CB, Cocaine, DMT, DXM, Ketamine, LSA, LSD, Marijuana, MDMA, Psilocybin, Salvia

HATERS GONNA HATE

Some people say I'm a compulsive liar. I like to think of it more as compulsive idiot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechooken
Between the Earth and Sky
Male

Loc: Aus Flag
Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: Keij]
    #13914297 - 02/06/11 04:21 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That's heavy! Obviously a very bad move to drive - but at least you and everyone else on the roads is ok

On the plus side, you got your $20 worth and know where to go next time

--------------------
[

OfflineAtlantic Wind
 User Gallery

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: chooken]
    #13914342 - 02/06/11 04:46 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I know how that feels.. I had to drive to my friends house tonight on 2 hits... ughhh. It was one of the worst things ever. Doesn't help that I have to drive down a super busy road by the largest college in the country. It was also raining, and everyone is already assholes on this road. I felt like every single car was a cop or out to get me. I feel like I'm gonna get run off the road. Every car is just coming so fast. I can barely even feel the damn road underneath me, feel like I'm just floating.

OfflineKeij
HERP'N DERP
Female

Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: Atlantic Wind]
    #13917666 - 02/06/11 08:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

S'exactly how I felt. The floating feeling.

Every stop light was confusing beyond belief, and I felt like every car on the road knew I was heavily intoxicated.

I'm just glad it's over. @_@

--------------------
List of Substances:
2CI, 2CE, 2CB, Cocaine, DMT, DXM, Ketamine, LSA, LSD, Marijuana, MDMA, Psilocybin, Salvia

HATERS GONNA HATE

Some people say I'm a compulsive liar. I like to think of it more as compulsive idiot.

Offlineroveage
Partyin' Peep
 User Gallery

Loc: NorFla
    #13917815 - 02/06/11 08:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Driving while trippping is such a damn curse.  I try at all costs to avoid it, but sometimes it inevitably happens.  Its like my friends decide to get into trouble (via alcohol) only when I'm outta my mind. 

Once on a mescaline trip me and my buddy kept getting calls to come pick up two of our friends who had taken a bunch of xanax and went to a kegger with people they'd never met.  We told them no for two hours until the visuals calmed down then we headed to find them.  Pretty sure this was on halloween weekend, and I live in a college town, so cops had the roads SHUT DOWN. 

We took back roads to avoid possible trouble and ended up at a red light that met the main road at kinda a 45 degree angle.  So it was just weird enough to not be able to do right on red.  The fucking light was red for 8 minutes and cops were passing every thirty seconds.  I was freaking and telling my buddy to just go but he was too scared about the illegal turn.  Finally people behind us were getting outta their cars and walking toward us so he floored it and we got the fuck outta dodge.  Never found our friends though.  Bastards.

To hell with driving in ATL even sober.  Once going from a show back to the hotel candyflipping was enough for me there.  Taxis from now on.  Glad you're safe tho.

OfflineKeij
HERP'N DERP
Female

Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: roveage]
    #13917839 - 02/06/11 08:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds intense.

And yeah, it probably wasn't the best decision to drive around in ATL on acid, but for some reason my brain rationalized it and I went ahead with it anyway.

I agree, fuck ATL roads. Especially during 8-10 am, and 5-7 pm.

--------------------
List of Substances:

HATERS GONNA HATE

Offlineroveage
Partyin' Peep
 User Gallery

Loc: NorFla
    #13917990 - 02/06/11 08:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yep, and not to mention you were alone.  No way in hell I woulda done that alone.  It always feels like you can handle it, but really anything could happen.

OfflinemutantMango
Tasty Fruit

Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: roveage]
    #13918204 - 02/06/11 09:38 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Driving around a major city during the height of an acid trip?
Are you out of your bloody mind?  (Well actually, I guess you were  :laugh: )

It's too bad you had such an unpleasant experience.  College dorm trips can be terrible.  If you can sometime, try tripping in a park, while camping, or some place that's in some way natural and quiet/secluded.  Perhaps with a close friend.  You can have the most glorious experiences.  Dorm-trips often suck, especially if you're around people that are ignorant, negative, or prankish about acid.

OfflineKeij
HERP'N DERP
Female

Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: mutantMango]
    #13918250 - 02/06/11 09:46 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I live in an apartment now. Lesson learned about dorm tripping.

Next time I trip sid I'm not going to do it alone, that's for sure. And my keys are going to be locked away in a secure location. :smile:

--------------------
List of Substances:

HATERS GONNA HATE

OfflinemutantMango
Tasty Fruit

#13918390 - 02/06/11 10:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

During one of my trips, my buddy really wanted to 1) Get more cigarettes [He had been chain-smoking all day] and 2) Get wood to start a fire.  This necessitated driving to the gas station.

I was resistant as all hell.  I had no interest in having anything to do with somebody driving a car under the influence of a psychedelic.  It can be confusing enough just walking... or standing... let alone trying to make sense of traffic patterns.  Traffic is the most ungraspable beast (at least for me) when on psychedelics.  It makes no sense at all.  I refused to go several times, but my friend insisted that he wasn't even really tripping anymore.  This made no sense to me at all... but ultimately I supposed it was possible.  I am a hyper-lightweight with all psychoactives, especially psychedelics, and routinely trip far, far beyond when everyone around me is done.  Also, my friend was 3 times my weight and took half the acid that I took.... hahahaha.

At any rate, the ride went pretty smoothly.  He did a fairly decent job driving, he was just kind of awkward, and couldn't tell 100% what he was supposed to do or what color the traffic lights were (but they look like they're all the colors!).

Now... I couldn't have even imagined driving at that time.  To me, the lines on the road were all dancing around, oscillating in color... new ones sprouting out of nowhere and going off in new directions.  Cars were pulsing in different colors and growing 4 times in size when they got nearby us, and were like bizarre cartoons.  But my friend I guess had both been tripping far less hard than I, and was already partway through comedown... whereas I was still very much in a plateau.

At any rate... I suppose that it is possible to drive alright, particularly if you're in the late stage of a not-so-strong trip.  But I would have been stressed as all hell if I'd been in his position.

Invisiblet00th
something terrible
Male
Loc: the dirty dirty
Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid *DELETED* [Re: mutantMango]
    #13919042 - 02/07/11 12:11 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by t00th

Reason for deletion: zomgz

--------------------
:partykid:

Offlinetay_ste_5000
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: t00th]
    #13919075 - 02/07/11 12:22 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i hate to put this out there, but, sugar cubes=potential and likeliness for a lot of different things. people have no reason to go through all the trouble of individually dipping the amount of sugar cubes in a batch of acid if they can dip a a few pieces of paper and call it good, unless they can't fit it on paper because it's not lsd

OfflineKeij
HERP'N DERP
Female

Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: tay_ste_5000]
    #13919100 - 02/07/11 12:32 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think if they were dipped they would have dissolved quickly.

My guess is that he dropped the stuff onto the cubes.

--------------------
List of Substances:

HATERS GONNA HATE

Invisiblechooken
Between the Earth and Sky
Male

Loc: Aus Flag
Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: tay_ste_5000]
    #13919123 - 02/07/11 12:41 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It's also not ideal to dip anything into acid. You have no idea of the dose and would get bits of sugar and shit in your acid - it's usually dropped onto something and sugar is common

--------------------
[

Invisiblet00th
something terrible
Male
Loc: the dirty dirty
Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid *DELETED* [Re: chooken]
    #13919126 - 02/07/11 12:42 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by t00th

Reason for deletion: zomgz

--------------------
:partykid:

InvisibleGreendreams

Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid *DELETED* [Re: t00th]
    #13920225 - 02/07/11 10:18 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Greendreams

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinejuloxx
Superjail Inmate
 User Gallery

Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: Greendreams]
    #13920684 - 02/07/11 12:24 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hope you were listening to some Outkast

--------------------
"My mind is my glock, Keep my 3rd eye cocked."

-Method Man

Youtuber, focus on Psychedelic Tourism in S/SE Asia. Come follow along!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYxVIVVZ2qrX5iJbXhuu_VA/videos

Invisiblemushiepussy
 User Gallery
Loc: Flag
Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: juloxx]
    #13921114 - 02/07/11 01:58 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

this one time i drank a bottle of robotussin, not nearly as fun as acid but i was fuuccked up. I ran out of cigarrettes and was about to drive, when my roommate happened to walk in and notice how fucked up i was and drove me to the store. probably saved my life.

this other time i drove while i was black out drunk and woke up in my car parked in the middle of a road with a cop tapping on my window. i had no idea how i got there, i told him that and he let me go. thank god cops are dumb.

OfflineKeij
HERP'N DERP
Female

Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: mushiepussy]
    #13921127 - 02/07/11 02:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

LOL it was probably one of those 'grace of god' things, that the cop let you go.

Those cops probably followed me for ten minutes, and I just drove the speed limit (or what I thought was the speed limit). Finally I pulled over and they just turned off their lights and drove on past.

I nearly had a heart attack. :laugh:

--------------------
List of Substances:

HATERS GONNA HATE

OfflineDogdays
Stranger
Male
    #13921665 - 02/07/11 03:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You aren't worried you might kill someone?

OfflineKeij
HERP'N DERP
Female

Re: Driving around in Atlanta on acid [Re: Dogdays]
    #13921694 - 02/07/11 03:39 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Uhhh, did I say I was going to do it again?

If you weren't illiterate, you would see that I said the next time I trip acid I'm going to keep my keys locked away.

Also, nice job registering as a new user to try and hide who you really are.

--------------------
List of Substances:

HATERS GONNA HATE

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#13921800 - 02/07/11 03:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

im the kinda psychonaut who doesnt mind driving when heavily dosed, i think its actually pretty easy and kinda fun...ESPECIALLY on dark backroads where theres really no such thing as cops or other cars

one thing i REALLy try to do is avoid cities tho, even tho after a show its inevitable sometimes...but theres just so many lights and shit, its just hard to concentrate when theres so many fucking lights and nothing will stop moving haha...props on doing it alone

when im driving dosed by myself i tend to trip myself out a lil too much, specially with tunes on

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates