Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
potency '?' and bulk tek with PF
    #1390891 - 03/19/03 10:06 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I read a previous post asking this question (what is the most potent strain) and never did see an answer to it. I'm sure it's been asked many, many times before, but since the search capability is down...?
Another question I have is regarding the PF strain, is one of bulk substrates. I read somewhere that the PF strain seems to be relatively potent compared to some of the other cub strains, and grows well using the PF tek with the rice cakes and such, but that it refuses to fruit using a bulk substrate such as straw, hay, dung, etc.
Does anyone have a friend with experience in this area?
I appreciate the information. Thank you, Athena.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: potency '?' and bulk tek with PF [Re: athena]
    #1391185 - 03/19/03 11:42 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

All cube strains varry in potency due to many factors such as substrate, environmental paramaters and individual organisms diversity. As such, I'm of the opinion that anyone who says one strain is more potent than another is commenting on something they observed, which is rarely repeatable or verifiable by others. In other words, skill of the cultivator is more important than strain. Also, just pretend like whatever strain you're growing is the one that everybody is saying is the most potent right now. That little bit of anticipation will likely make up for any real differences in potency.

Pf strain does grow on bulk substrates. Often it is a little more quirky, but not really difficult. At that, any method used to grow one cube strain can be used to grow any cube strain. There just isn't enough diversity from strain to strain to prevent them from being cultivated in any manner known to cultivators.

Strains vary mostly in their shapes, colors, grouping patterns, and spore load. They don't vary much in their methods of cultivation or potency.

All of this should be covered in the faq.

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Re: potency '?' and bulk tek with PF [Re: mycofile]
    #1391326 - 03/19/03 12:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

thank you Mycophile, you did a good job of answering my questions.
It sounds like your saying that all the PC's are so similar in 'potency' or amount of active alkaloids that there really is no definative 'most' potent strain. That makes perfect sense.
I'm sorry to repeat the question but like I said the search function is not working, and I didn't seem to find it in the FAQ.
Maybe the reason I thought that PF classic was so differing in it's willingness to fruit on bulk substrates (besides what I read on the subject) is that all the pics I've ever seen of it it looks so much different from most of the other cub strains. But again your explaination make much sense.
Again thank you for your patience and time in answering. Athena.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology