Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNoteAction
Stranger
Long-lasting effects (mushrooms)?
    #1375939 - 03/14/03 10:54 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

I think I may have posted this question ages ago, but never had the chance to check the replies, and now the search function is disabled, so:

I am interested in trying mushrooms. I've done pot and alcohol before, if having that bit of background makes any difference. I'm just interested in in having a "spiritual experience" if you will, and some visuals, if they happened to come, would be cool. I've done some research, including talking to some friends who have done mushrooms before.

Everything seems fine, like I would know what to expect, etc, but one thing a friend told me concerns me. He said you can still feel a little "off" or sluggish up to two weeks later. Not still high or anything, but that you can still just feel a little dead days after your trip.

This does not appeal to me.

It should also be noted, however, that my friend does all kinds of other shit too, so who knows what could be causing all that sluggishness. I think it's probably from his daily bong hits, but he said it was from the shrooms he had days before.

Is this true? Will you still feel sluggish, or different in any way, DAYS after your trip?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Long-lasting effects (mushrooms)? [Re: NoteAction]
    #1375980 - 03/14/03 11:07 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

He said you can still feel a little "off" or sluggish up to two weeks later

Um mabey a day MABEY 2.. But not weeks..

Ill give u the worst mushroom thing iv seen yet.

My buddy ate 4g of naturaly picked mushrooms that he got from a dealer. he tripped hard but smoked alot of weed did NOS and drank a little too.. The next week he was sick.. real sick.. and this lasted for 3-4 months.. He failed all his classes in grade 12 adn will probley have to come back next year. And the doctors never found out what was wrong. They said it might have been from somthing in the cow shit. Like a deadly enzime that was fuckin with his stomace.

But that was just one person out of ONE HELL of ALOT of people that have tripped and it was a very strange incident.. But he has tripped since and had a blast.. Hope i didnt scare ya from doing them but there is risks..

KNOW YOUR SOURCE. GROW UR OWN.

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1376024 - 03/14/03 11:21 AM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Haha, about the only "long-term" effects might be a greater and deeper respect for everything around you, and your hair might eventually end up a little longer!  :wink: Just do a little research first and take a low dose the first time and you should be fine. Know the source of your fungi, too. It's better to be safe than sorry. 

BTW - the sluggishness that people feel is usually due to dosing at night and missing a night of sleep IMO. Once you catch up and let your brain rest a little, you'll be fine.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Edited by peruvian spark (03/14/03 11:25 AM)

OfflinedoCtR_diSCreeT
DoctR g0nEMaAd...

Loc: iNfesTinG yOur teRraRium
    #1376142 - 03/14/03 12:01 PM (21 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Is this true? Will you still feel sluggish, or different in any way, DAYS after your trip?

IMO, it really depends on if the trip was positive or negative.  If you happen to experience a positive trip then, you would most likely feel better the next day and totally refreshed because of the new outlook you've obtained while tripping.  However, if you happen to experience a negative trip, you might feel a little down and worn out from what had happened during the trip.

Quote:

like I would know what to expect

Don't be so sure, every trip experience is different.  I wouldn't take anybody's word for what is going to happen; what you're going to see, etc.  That's why it's hard to put a foot down on a question like this because, well, depending on the outcome of the trip, that determines how you're going to feel about it.

Hope I've been of some help.  :smirk:   

--------------------

Peace!

Offlinewiki
Thinker
    #1376494 - 03/14/03 03:05 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

I think timothy leary said it best,

as taken from the Psilocybe Mushroom FAQ
---
ACID IS NOT FOR EVERY BRAIN .... ONLY THE HEALTHY, HAPPY, WHOLESOME, HANDSOME, HOPEFUL, HUMOROUS, HIGH-VELOCITY SHOULD SEEK THESE EXPERIENCES. THIS ELITISM IS TOTALLY SELF-DETERMINED. UNLESS YOU ARE SELF-CONFIDENT, SELF-DIRECTED, SELF-SELECTED, PLEASE ABSTAIN.
-- Timothy Leary, Ph.D.

they are not for everyone. only those who have the mental nerve to dwell into their own mind should embark on such a mission. read the faq's. they are there to help.

Offlinepleasesmokemarijuana
Blackface.

Loc: Ontario
Re: Long-lasting effects (mushrooms)? [Re: wiki]
    #1376537 - 03/14/03 03:27 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

I have noticed a little bit of sluggishness after doin shrooms but i usually feel burnout anyways.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1376827 - 03/14/03 06:05 PM (21 years, 19 days ago)

You might feel sluggish if you take them at night and miss a nights sleep. Take them in the morning and you'll have a great nights sleep and feel a wonderful afterglow for a couple of weeks.

Only time I've had a long "stoned" feeling from mushrooms was using psilocybe mexicana sclerotica. Cubensis doesn't produce the same hangover.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineNoteAction
Stranger
Re: Long-lasting effects (mushrooms)? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1388740 - 03/18/03 03:09 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Well, that's good to hear. I appreciate the facts, guys!

Offlinemushieangel
im his imaginaryfriend. no onecan see me buthim

Loc: somewhere fun, i hope
    #1390136 - 03/19/03 04:04 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

personally, i did shrooms about a month ago, and now if i concentrate when i look at the floor i can see it moving in the way it did when i did shrooms. i had a bad food poisioning expereince and a lot of the shroom experinces came up-- floor movement, breathing, etc. of course, i can see things as if i am high sometimes too, so i dont know if it is just me, or if there is drug residue in my brain. whichever it is, it doesnt effect me negatively i dont think, but its still there just the same.

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1390347 - 03/19/03 05:10 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I usually feel energized and refreshed for about 2 weeks after a mushroom trip.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate