Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

Loc: Land of Mary
Mostly Suicidals?
    #1390132 - 03/19/03 06:04 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I have read through many posts on here and they all seem to stem from sexual problems to suicidals.....are shrooms much of a good thing or to much of a bad thing? How much have people really looked into the problematic areas of what they really do to people? seems to me that they cause mental problems in people and in those that it does not they seem to not really have acare in the world perhaps people who are more into constant thinking and worrying they should stay away from them.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: Mostly Suicidals? [Re: ShittakeHead]
    #1390231 - 03/19/03 06:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

A lot of people are suicidal. Some people become depressed especially after a strong trip because they might have seen or realized something that distruted their world to the point of them questioning their own life. Tripping is something that a lot of people take too lightly IMO, it is just a party drug to most, but it is NOT for that purpose. Most of the people around here (shroomery) take it to another level (I believe the correct level), sometimes to the brink when they realize the truth about how our lives are meaningless and all that. Mushrooms can show this to people (especially those who are very introspective and open-minded.) Simply being open-minded does not mean that that person can handle a trip well, you have to know where to place subjective priorities and to not get too carried away with objective ones. I believe that suicide is a very cowardly act and should be looked down upon (which it is under most circumstances.) You have to understand that mushrooms can also be used to discover who exactally you are and show you the glories of the universe as well as the ironies and absurdities. It all depends on who YOU are and not what other people are. If you feel uncomfortable with them because other people you know of either didnt like them or had a bad experience with them, then you have the right to not try them. It's as simple as that. Ive never heard of anyone here having any significant sexual problems that were possibly concerned with mushroom use, and Ive only seen a few suicidal members of this community. But I know that psychedelics can be disturbing if you make them disturbing and they can be wonderful if you make them that too. It's all in YOU.  :wink:

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

Invisibleadrug

#1390238 - 03/19/03 06:30 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Do you honestly think that all these problems here stem from eating mushrooms? From what I've been through and seen in my life, these are problems that affect almost all people, whether they use drugs or not. I don't think drugs are always necessarily the CAUSE of mental problems but they can exacerbate the effects.

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

Re: Mostly Suicidals? [Re: adrug]
    #6997030 - 06/01/07 10:36 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yea i have finally realized that i can only have a good trip on mushies. I also notice out of ny drug i have tried its not always like the "outrageous" claims alot of people make. Its never "otherworldly" or "loss-of-ego" its always just, im fine im cool and i like the world and it looks great. Thats my trips and beleive me the mushies are great and strong.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#6998223 - 06/02/07 02:55 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

IMO they don't really DO anything to people.

Their ultimate effects stem from what each individual user brings to the table.

Set and setting.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #6998292 - 06/02/07 03:13 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ShittakeHead said:
I have read through many posts on here and they all seem to stem from sexual problems to suicidals.....are shrooms much of a good thing or to much of a bad thing? How much have people really looked into the problematic areas of what they really do to people? seems to me that they cause mental problems in people and in those that it does not they seem to not really have acare in the world perhaps people who are more into constant thinking and worrying they should stay away from them.

There are thousands of members on the shroomery, i am positive not all of them have depression problems. Perhaps people were depressed before trying mushrooms? Trying to "get away". I have used shrooms quite a bit, and I am pretty happy most days.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

Re: Mostly Suicidals? [Re: aDoS]
    #7009958 - 06/04/07 11:27 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I havent really had the time to read through many threads on here since i've began to log back on but I do remember so many posts of people having seizures, it was kind of scary but after having done shrooms many times I knew it was in the least of my worries. As for depression, everyone goes through something at a certain point and i think shrooms just gave me somthin to point fingers at and hope that it was only that. Now i know it was nothing whatsoever and i hope i never mislead anyone into feeling that its all because of the shrooms. If taken responsibly I beleive they are great and wouldnt want to deny anyone of the chance to try it. because, i will definitely do it again and let everyone know what a great time i had.

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#7011645 - 06/05/07 02:13 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ShittakeHead said:

Suprise!!!! People have problems!!!! Not just those who do shrooms.

I wish people would stop blaming societal problems on external things that don't pertain to the self. One dictates his own actions, problems and worries, not recreational drugs, tv, music, video games, antidepressants, and the list goes on and on. All influences aside, at the end of the day, it's the strength of character that carries a person to be in the spot they are in, whether that be good or bad.

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

OfflineShittakeHead
Weeder

Re: Mostly Suicidals? [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #7021450 - 06/08/07 01:38 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

wow, drcamacho you just blew me away.....

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
    #7021584 - 06/08/07 02:23 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

well i don't think the idea that psychedelics drugs may cause or contribute to mental problems is far fetched at all, they probably do. however, you can't infer causation from a mere correlation. for instance, it could be that people with mental problems are more drawn to drugs and that's why so many people here are suicidal.

Offlinemick
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Mostly Suicidals? [Re: porcupine]
    #7021708 - 06/08/07 03:59 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

aye - its an interesting thought, but theres no direct evidence linking mushroom use to mental problems. I can speak from my own experience that taking mushrooms if anything has helped more than hurt me.

If I were to attribute my mental problems to some drug, it would not be mushrooms.

--------------------
http://kittiesntitties.tumblr.com/

notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #7021893 - 06/08/07 07:03 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

so here's my take on this topic. People have problems. Many people in this society don't really have time to worry about their personal problems as they have financial and school problems, while the personal problems are far more important. I also believe many people have a type of escapist personality where they want to get away from it all... commercial life/working/whatever routine they're locked into.

Mushrooms to me, depending on the mindset, will either let you be in awe of the beauty of everything or since get your mind to search yourself and really ask a bunch of questions to sort out some problems. I could be wrong, but I feel like most everyone that I know that has tripped on acid or shrooms have come out of it with some introspective knowledge that may either be a disappointing or pleasant truth about themselves.

Mushrooms tend to be the psychologist and the problems that you have with mushrooms are you problems that you have to come to terms with. blaming some strange behavior due to this fungus is not necessarily wrong but it shouldn't be completely right.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7022610 - 06/08/07 01:59 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ShittakeHead said:
I have read through many posts on here and they all seem to stem from sexual problems to suicidals.....are shrooms much of a good thing or to much of a bad thing? How much have people really looked into the problematic areas of what they really do to people? seems to me that they cause mental problems in people and in those that it does not they seem to not really have  acare in the world perhaps people who are more into constant thinking and worrying they should stay away from them. 

:monkeydance: I think you should definately stay away from them.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being