Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFunguspants
Stranger

Weed Snobs * 2
    #13884967 - 01/31/11 10:11 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Get the fuck on my nerves.  You can't really tell that big of a difference from dank to dank and these fools try to play it off like they somehow can.  Give me five hits of Super Sick Nasty Bud, and five hits of Super Dooper Rad Bud and I can't tell you the difference.  I've been smoking for years, I'm not a noob just real.

--------------------
:macdre::scumbagsteve::chillin::scumbagsteve::chillin::scumbagsteve::macdre:

AWWWWWWWWWL DAY SUCKA WAT

"I... I don't want to die"

"BITCH SOMETIMES WE GOTTA DO THANGS DAT WE AINT WANNA DO"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSamuel L Jackson
Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: Weed Snobs [Re: Funguspants]
    #13884994 - 01/31/11 10:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

then youve probably never smoked a sativa and an indica within a reasonable amount of time and actually tried to feel the difference.

the smell/taste also differs a lot. even between sativas. or indicas.

as well as color/hairs/trichomes/stems/density

every type of bud is unique, and if you cant tell the difference then why does that mean nobody else can?

--------------------

OfflineFunguspants
Stranger

Re: Weed Snobs [Re: Samuel L Jackson]
    #13885019 - 01/31/11 10:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SamuelLJackson said:
then youve probably never smoked a sativa and an indica within a reasonable amount of time and actually tried to feel the difference.

the smell/taste also differs a lot. even between sativas. or indicas.

as well as color/hairs/trichomes/stems/density

every type of bud is unique, and if you cant tell the difference then why does that mean nobody else can?

That's were your wrong.  I smoke every day for the past could of years. Ofcourse I've smoked Sativas and Indicas and that wasnt what I'm talking about.  Im talking about the fuckers who take White Weed and (the same white weed, just tapped off a bit) and go on and on how the whiter weed is significantly better, "this high is so much clearer" ect... its really just an image and these people need to get over it.

--------------------

OfflineFunguspants
Stranger

#13885032 - 01/31/11 10:20 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

...also I really doubt that if you smoked a bowl of Dank A, and a bowl of Dank B the next day that you can tell a difference.  I mean sure you think you can, but if you can think back to that moment you'll relize you can't.  Pay attention next time you smoke dank.  I mean atleast IME, dank = dank, super dank = super dank, and mids = mids.  There's no real difference in quality and / or / feel of Sativa Super Dank vs Sativa Super Dank. 

If this clears up what I meant.

Again, ofc this is different if its Indica Super Dank vs Sativa Super Dank.

--------------------

Edited by Funguspants (01/31/11 10:21 PM)

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#13885040 - 01/31/11 10:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

See...thats your problem, you have a tolerance

The effects are more prominent when you don't have one. A sativa will make you filled with energy, and an indica will dominate your mind and force you to kick back and relax..

The more tolerant you become, the less cannibinoids effect your endogenous receptors and the differentiating effects become hard to distinguish

PS. I can tell the difference, but I only smoke 2 times a week or so.

Offlinedynomite
Confuzzled
 User Gallery

Re: Weed Snobs [Re: Uzziel]
    #13885088 - 01/31/11 10:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

yeah man it's like wine mann
people go on and on about bouquets and palettes and shit
give me some box wine any day, i can't taste no differnece
:tard:

--------------------
"The great nations have always acted like gangsters and the small ones like prostitutes." - Stanley Kubrick

OfflineFunguspants
Stranger

Re: Weed Snobs [Re: Uzziel]
    #13885099 - 01/31/11 10:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Right.  But all of these idiots who I know that are weed snobs smoke five + times a day.

You also mentioned the difference between a Sativa and an Indica, which I stated is of course obvious they are basically two different highs.  Any fifth grader SHOULD be able to tell you this.

--------------------

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#13885133 - 01/31/11 10:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I use to have a big tolerance from smoking 1 gram+ everyday out of my vape for a year and a half.. I would say during the whole experience that I found the high to be exactly the same regardless of what kind of weed I smoked or vaped. So I would have to say (from my experience) that the people you know are fucking retarded.

The only time I can tell the difference (and its quite obvious) is when there is little to no tolerance, and an indica can knock me right the fuck out while sativa does the exact opposite (until I crash later.... super sleepy)

:shrug:

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

#13885853 - 02/01/11 01:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

There is a difference, mainly just stimulation and sedation. Honestly I don't see how they give a fuck. You still get hungry, laugh at stupid shit, and feel a cannibinoid buzz.

--------------------

InvisibleJesusGoneRogue
 User Gallery

Re: Weed Snobs [Re: Moo456] * 2
    #13885876 - 02/01/11 01:10 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i just wanna get high

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: Weed Snobs [Re: Moo456]
    #13885884 - 02/01/11 01:12 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Fungus is talking about how they talk about the imaginary difference between 100% indica strains of varying cannibinoid  concentrations, you know low mids and super dank bud. Theres a difference but the only difference being that one gets you toasted with one bong rip and the other with three, These weed snobs talk about it like the low mids high is a fuckin garbage resin high and the other one's high is like you just inhaled the spirit of god.

Offlinerealfuzzhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: above the smog layer Flag
Re: Weed Snobs [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #13885890 - 02/01/11 01:14 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

if you live in a medimarijuana state you can tell the differnece and recognize specific weeds pretty easy.

NO JOKE one time i was at the mall buying cartridges for my e-cig, earlier that weekend i had a few grams of Headband OG in my wallet,

i reach in there to get my money and he goes "hey man is that headband? that shit is bomb, " than he shows me the computer and he was lookin up stuff on weedtracker.com

^coolstorybro*

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Weed Snobs [Re: realfuzzhead]
    #13885938 - 02/01/11 01:30 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i r weed snob.

but only sorta.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Invisiblewow
Lurking master
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: Weed Snobs [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #13885977 - 02/01/11 01:56 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

im a TOTAL WEED SNOB!!  or "connoisseur" its like very fine wine!  also i live in a state where we have mmj and im a patient!  the nug in my avtar is louie 13th OG its a hybrid.  i prefer indicas over sativa and strong sativa gives me a headpain after a hit right in the top center of my forehead.  sativa is a lighter shorter lasting high and indica is more of a couchlock.  i dont really get too high really anymore either but i enjoy the flavor and different buzz i get from different buds..  lol you live in jersey so you probrably have kinda decent bud but its more and more diverse and you can tell the difference in very nice marijuana.  i live in the land of the BEST bud in the USA and many buds are very different i sometimes gotta check out all 15-20 strains available before i pick and i have my favorites as well.  im spoiled i guess but im very particular about it.  smell taste what it looks like..  i prefer indica or OG with nice nugs like my avtar tho. also if your bud has seeds..  its NASTY!  lol we call that "STRESS" in my neck of the woods..  maybe one or two seeds in a half zip MAYBE..
:awehigh:

--------------------

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
Re: Weed Snobs [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #13885985 - 02/01/11 02:01 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I sort of agree with what OP is saying and sort of not. There's definitely a difference between sativa and indica and you have to consider there are various degrees of cross breeding. So in that sense you have a fairly large spectrum of weed to choose from. Different shit definitely gets you high in different ways.

There are also different aesthetics, scents and tastes associated with different strains. Most of that shit doesn't matter, but everyone has their preference.

I do agree people take all of this to moronic extremes. Like "this strain is good reading, but this weed is better for nature hikes." At that point you sound like a douche. How about all weed is for getting high and leave it at that?

--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

Invisiblewow
Lurking master
Male User Gallery

Re: Weed Snobs [Re: F0SS1L]
    #13886001 - 02/01/11 02:09 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

F0SS1L said:
I sort of agree with what OP is saying and sort of not. There's definitely a difference between sativa and indica and you have to consider there are various degrees of cross breeding. So in that sense you have a fairly large spectrum of weed to choose from. Different shit definitely gets you high in different ways.

There are also different aesthetics, scents and tastes associated with different strains. Most of that shit doesn't matter, but everyone has their preference.

I do agree people take all of this to moronic extremes. Like "this strain is good reading, but this weed is better for nature hikes." At that point you sound like a douche. How about all weed is for getting high and leave it at that?

i agree kinda..  i just prefer to get STONED and i can tell right away by looking at the bud how its gonna make me feel..  and even how its gonna burn.  im from CA by the way..  BUT if you are goin to school or need to do something sativa may be better..  i could look at 5 sativas and decide for myself which one would be best for that..  but i usually break down and get that stanky thik bud indica..  or OG..

--------------------

InvisibleCakk
Female

#13886056 - 02/01/11 02:40 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

F0SS1L said:

:whathesaid:

Most defiantly there are different strains and types of weed but some people take it to an extreme and think they are a weed guru and know more than everyone else.

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
    #13886111 - 02/01/11 03:09 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

F0SS1L said:

yeah, this post i can agree with.
the sativa/indica differences are obvious.

you can easily tell some strains jsut from taste, looks, and smell.

the easiest for me to identify through taste is trainwreck... easiest to identify through looks is haze...

the whole strains being good for certain things is ridiculous if advertised that way.. but i know for a fact sometimes i can smoke and want to read.. others for zoning out to tv/movies/video games.

it is interesting that weed strains can affect you different ways... but its really not worth being picky over. being high is all you should expect from smoking weed.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Loc: Sanriotown, Harmonyland
    #13886192 - 02/01/11 04:20 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Funguspants said:
Give me five hits of Super Sick Nasty Bud, and five hits of Super Dooper Rad Bud and I can't tell you the difference.

i hear u on this. but i dont care for weed like i do my other substances

--------------------

Offlineurbanwolf
Male

Loc: Universe; TX
Re: Weed Snobs [Re: dynomite]
    #13886199 - 02/01/11 04:26 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dynomite said:
yeah man it's like wine mann
people go on and on about bouquets and palettes and shit
give me some box wine any day, i can't taste no differnece
:tard:

Pretty much this.

--------------------
"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that, an unjust law is no law at all.” -- Martin Luther King Jr.

"Seek not abroad, turn back into thyself, for in the inner man dwells the truth." -- St. Augustine

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Weed Snobs [Re: igwna]
    #13886209 - 02/01/11 04:29 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i too consider myself a connoisseur. yes i always look for the best and do keep note of differnt types of bud's smell taste and effect. as mentioned headband and trainwreck and a few others i cant think of atm i can identify by smell/taste alone. ive had people say yeah i got trainwreck and by a single look and sniff i could tell they didnt. there is a sometimes huge diffences between strains. but i would never say oh thats middies im not gonna smoke that garbage...hell no im gonna puff dat shit down n het high son! do these snobs refuse to smoke lower grade mj cuz that would define a snob that or if they bitch bout half decent shit not being up to their standard. good or bad i still jus love weed man!

Invisiblewow
Lurking master
Male User Gallery

Re: Weed Snobs [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #13887723 - 02/01/11 01:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
i too consider myself a connoisseur. yes i always look for the best and do keep note of differnt types of bud's smell taste and effect. as mentioned headband and trainwreck and a few others i cant think of atm i can identify by smell/taste alone. ive had people say yeah i got trainwreck and by a single look and sniff i could tell they didnt. there is a sometimes huge diffences between strains. but i would never say oh thats middies im not gonna smoke that garbage...hell no im gonna puff dat shit down n het high son! do these snobs refuse to smoke lower grade mj cuz that would define a snob that or if they bitch bout half decent shit not being up to their standard. good or bad i still jus love weed man!

i mean ill smoke it...  i just usually wont buy it..  i can tell now after 10 years of smokin in cali and 3 years mmj patient usually the strain type or origin.  like i know specific strains such as OG, headband, bluedream, ak47,atf, etc i can usually hit the nail right on the head at the dispensery or tell you with suprising closeness what it may be crossed with!  ill smoke any kinda weed i just like to enjoy the best..  also to each his own..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom