Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Doctor's
    #1384169 - 03/17/03 11:36 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

So it's that time a year when I get my annual dose of bronchitis. This happen's every year and  it's like a routine. I let it get bad enough to need antibiotic's ,but go before it turn's into pneumonia. So I go into the doctor that i have been seeing for years. I tell him I have bronchitis and need my usual script of cephlexin and a bottle of tussionex. He check's me out and say's yep and writes my script's.
Then he say's I gave you a different antibiotic, it might be a little better. I didn't question it since i have known this doctor for years and can go into his office and ask for xanax or whatever and he gives it to me. He figures since i'm a psychology/pre-med student I am not a risk for using him to get pills and he's right.
So any way i go to the pharmacy to get my shit filled and the antibiotic was 110.00 fuckin dollars. My usuall shit I get cephlexin is only 15.00. So i tell the pharmacist hell no you call him up and get my script changed. So he does and the doctor won't change it.Luckily I got another source for pharmacueticals and was able to get some cephlexin for 10.00. This fuckin doctor only prescribed me this med because he get's somekind of kickback. The asshole knows I got no insurance to.
Sorry to ramble but I'm sick, high and pissed off and needed to vent. :smile: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewecontrolsweetfreedom
mike

Loc: hardees
Re: Doctor's [Re: chinacat72]
    #1384233 - 03/17/03 11:55 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

excellent... vent away, homer... doctors are fuckin quacks anyways... I think the best method of curing sickness is to not get sick... (duh) but it's a lot easier than you think... from now on, live like a pig and don't take a shower (after you get well, that is)... You'll eventually get your immune system built up nice and strong fom living in diesease, hence becomming virtually unstoppable...

--------------------
everyday's a saturday my friend

OfflineBlue_JAY
Stylin MOFO

Loc: CANADA
Re: Doctor's [Re: wecontrolsweetfreedom]
    #1385193 - 03/17/03 04:11 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

What a Dink!!!!!!

--------------------
"Only the paranoid survive"

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1385648 - 03/17/03 06:03 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Ok buddy, if you're still under the weather then I'd suggest, if you have the money, to get Levaquin.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Edited by Cracka_X (03/17/03 06:04 PM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Doctor's [Re: wecontrolsweetfreedom]
    #1385810 - 03/17/03 06:54 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

"from now on, live like a pig and don't take a shower (after you get well, that is)... You'll eventually get your immune system built up nice and strong fom living in diesease, hence becomming virtually unstoppable... "

Um, yeah. You're a genius.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1385875 - 03/17/03 07:13 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

From what i understand doctor's frequently get kick backs from prescribing medications with certain pharmeceutical companies that woo them. Sorry to hear abouth the bronchitis man. i hadn't been sick in years and i contracted a case of it which i am just now getting over. Doing shrooms(i tried it) when you are the forman and prduction manager of a veritable phlegm factory is no fun at all :frown: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Doctor's [Re: Phluck]
    #1385879 - 03/17/03 07:13 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

yea really.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Re: Doctor's [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1386367 - 03/17/03 11:44 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

From what i understand doctor's frequently get kick backs from prescribing medications with certain pharmeceutical companies that woo them. Sorry to hear abouth the bronchitis man. i hadn't been sick in years and i contracted a case of it which i am just now getting over. Doing shrooms(i tried it) when you are the forman and prduction manager of a veritable phlegm factory is no fun at all :frown: 

Yea this is what pisses me off. Sometime's they get free vacations if they right enough script's of a certain med. This guy makes a ton of money each year being a GP. He know's I'm not insured and have 3 kid's and am putting myself through college. Yet he still prescribed me the expensive shit when we both know cephlexin will do just fine. I think there should be a law that doesn't allow docs to get kickbacks from pharmacuetical company's. this would discourage unneccisary perscription's. 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1387795 - 03/18/03 09:41 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

I've noticed my psychiatrists office has a bunch of GlaxoSmithKline shit all over,I'm pretty sure he gets kick backs.I've even seen a Glaxo rep in the office a few times (I told him that Paxil sucks,he just gave me a bad look)Well,anyway,I was on Paxil (a Glaxo prodcuct) a few years ago,and it wasn't working that well and it made me yawn every ten seconds,so I wanted him to switch me to a more activating SSRI,he denied my request (without giving me a reason) and I basically had to scream at him to change me to Zoloft or Prozac.I'm pretty sure why he was so reluctant to switch me.Fucking asshole quacks...

At least you won't be one of those crooked bribe taking doctors. :smile: 

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1387832 - 03/18/03 09:53 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Up here in Canada you can request the generic equivalent of whatever "name brand" med you have been prescribed. In fact the major pharmeceutical houses have been engaged in a (so far) losing battle against independant drug manufacture's such as Apotex that produce more affordable and identical medications.... i used to make a few dollars here and there acting as sort of a guinea pig for drug testing by independant drug manufacturers(yes, i was THAT desperate)

--------------------

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#1388028 - 03/18/03 10:53 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

You can get the generic here too if it's available. The problem is when a new drug is developed it has a patent of 7 years. This means that no generic can be made until then .Only the drug company that hold's the patent can make it and they can charge whatever they want. Eli-Lilly made about 40 billion dolloars of prozac before there patent expired. This antibiotic he prescribed me is the same deal. No generic available.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1388050 - 03/18/03 11:00 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Now that you mention it China Cat, that may be the same deal here......sucks, doesn't it? i used to naively think that the medical community as a whole was genuinely concerned with health, not wealth :frown: 

--------------------

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1388214 - 03/18/03 12:10 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

Cigarettes?

$110 is just not right.

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1388378 - 03/18/03 01:13 PM (21 years, 15 days ago)

It's a total rip off man... the rich keep getting richer at our expense!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag