Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblewow
Lurking master
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
God?
    #13869584 - 01/29/11 03:25 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ok now SERIOUSLY.  No flaming in this post!  I'd just like to hear some honest oppinions or thoughts from you guys on how you think the earth came to be, humans and all.  Now I don't know how but I know for sure you can't just shake around a bunch of rocks dirt or anything hard enough to create something that's living!  We were MADE!  And one other thing is clear to me, in order to create one has to be alive!  The master architect of this life is a live being who is far more advanced than we are!  How is he the one?  He just IS?!  In many religions sacred individuals were able to ascend straight to the heavens!  Some in "flaming chariots" what is that supposed to mean?  How were the pyrimids built?  The Egyptians and myans just dissappeared somehow leaving only traces of thier being and left many questions unanswered..  Or were they destroyed by people who wanted to manipulate the future of the earth for themselves?  The myan callandar ends on 12/26/12 that is why people think we are on the verge of apocolypse!  I truly believe individuals in this world are covering or have already covered the secrets we deserve to know!  Noboby knows for sure but I do know we are too dumb to realize we are dumb and we are only a grain of sand on the beach in this universe! 
    Also ever see prehistoric aliens on the history channel?  I think or discovery..  Talks about how zeus and many Greek mythology gods were found in many different regions of the world.  And when gods mate with humans they transform into angels or geese with large beautiful wings.  This is found in several religions and myths involving "star children".  And I don't believe not for a
second that we evolved from monkeys!  How long have we been here writing history?  About 2000 years.. People still look the same as they did back then I would think and our brain is tripple the size of a monkeys and if that were the case you would think there would be still some in betweeners as far as that goes...  The monkey would have died leaving the fittest human and we have no simalar species that can inter breed so...  Any thoughts?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: God? [Re: wow]
    #13869591 - 01/29/11 03:29 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Everything, every single atom around at its most basic level is conscious intelligence. Were the product of a 14 billion long year evolution of realization. The universe is predisposed to produce life, Its its one and only purpose. It needs no maker That idea is there to fill in the gaps of what we know and dont know. Existence speaks for itself God does not.

Edited by Bodhi of Ankou (01/29/11 03:35 AM)

Offlinedesant
Pleiadian Revolutionary
Male

Loc: Aether
Re: God? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #13869654 - 01/29/11 04:31 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

good post OP

--------------------

OfflinecollinZzZz
have moicy!
 User Gallery

Loc: midwaist
Re: God? [Re: desant]
    #13869660 - 01/29/11 04:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

sea turtles bro.

at the beginning and the end of time.

--------------------
"I have never freed myself from the suspicion that there is something very odd about this mission."

Offlinefostaar
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: God? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #13869734 - 01/29/11 06:06 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Everything, every single atom around at its most basic level is conscious intelligence. Were the product of a 14 billion long year evolution of realization. The universe is predisposed to produce life, Its its one and only purpose. It needs no maker That idea is there to fill in the gaps of what we know and dont know. Existence speaks for itself God does not.

well described but i differ in thinking that rather than life being the purpose of the universe, its more of a consequence. moss'll grow on anything if you leave it there long enough. with time seen from our tiny, insignificant reference point these planets and stars seem to have been here forever. but to reference time on a scale of major physical changes in the universe, nothing knows we are here yet, nothing at all.

also
there have been no macro-evolutionary changes in human physiology in around 200,000 years. it just takes longer than 2000 years and a few hundred generations to sprout appendages or grow fins ya know. especially with the advent of civilisation, we have slowed evolution in the traditional sense dramatically, humans no longer need to be adapting to our environment, we adapt the environment to us.

aand there are plenty of known examples demonstrating an in between stage of humans and an apelike ancestor that we shared with other primates. all of the genus Australopithecus, and notably homo habilis (in the genus homo).

the first paragraph is opinion. the last two sentences are not.

Offlinedestructo_low
Oh yeah!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #13869880 - 01/29/11 08:02 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think we just got incredibly lucky thanks to physics and quantum mechanics.

--------------------
There is a molecule for every purpose. There are only actions and reactions. Cut out the middle men. Everything I say is a lie.

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#13870088 - 01/29/11 09:24 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

WALL OF TEXT WITH NO EMPIRICAL DATA AND ONLY SUBJECTIVE CONJECTURE...

tl;dr same old shit without any basis in reason.

--------------------

wat man rly

OfflineAwakenKundalini
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: God? [Re: blujay]
    #13870102 - 01/29/11 09:28 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Consciousness is the driving force behind the evolutionary process- so it is indeed what some may call God- it is divine and it is awe-some

Think about times when you naturally say "oh my god"

During trauma, or sex, or pain,-  human ecstasy causes us to call out to it-

It is- indeed

OfflineSlavaslave
Howdy folks
Male User Gallery

Loc: In a box passing as a dor... Flag
    #13870127 - 01/29/11 09:32 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wow said:
Ok now SERIOUSLY.  No flaming in this post!  I'd just like to hear some honest oppinions or thoughts from you guys on how you think the earth came to be, humans and all.  Now I don't know how but I know for sure you can't just shake around a bunch of rocks dirt or anything hard enough to create something that's living!  We were MADE!  And one other thing is clear to me, in order to create one has to be alive!  The master architect of this life is a live being who is far more advanced than we are!  How is he the one?  He just IS?!  In many religions sacred individuals were able to ascend straight to the heavens!  Some in "flaming chariots" what is that supposed to mean?  How were the pyrimids built?  The Egyptians and myans just dissappeared somehow leaving only traces of thier being and left many questions unanswered..  Or were they destroyed by people who wanted to manipulate the future of the earth for themselves?  The myan callandar ends on 12/26/12 that is why people think we are on the verge of apocolypse!  I truly believe individuals in this world are covering or have already covered the secrets we deserve to know!  Noboby knows for sure but I do know we are too dumb to realize we are dumb and we are only a grain of sand on the beach in this universe! 
    Also ever see prehistoric aliens on the history channel?  I think or discovery..  Talks about how zeus and many Greek mythology gods were found in many different regions of the world.  And when gods mate with humans they transform into angels or geese with large beautiful wings.  This is found in several religions and myths involving "star children".  And I don't believe not for a
second that we evolved from monkeys!  How long have we been here writing history?  About 2000 years.. People still look the same as they did back then I would think and our brain is tripple the size of a monkeys and if that were the case you would think there would be still some in betweeners as far as that goes...  The monkey would have died leaving the fittest human and we have no simalar species that can inter breed so...  Any thoughts?

do you accept the extremely vastness of the cosmose? if so you must understand that there are trilions upon trillions of chances for an earth-like planet to form, as for life coming of it scientists since the mid 1900s have known that in the formation of the earth the basic components of life can be created from inanimate and non-living things.

in all honesty the only  compelling argument i see si that "god" caused the big bang in order to start everything off...

the egyptians built the pyramids using incredible intelligence (for their time) and engineering ingenuity...

many civilizations disappear without some trace, just like the human ivilization as a whole could in the future due to nuclear weapons or some other sort of catastrophy

as for the mayan calendar, it end in 2012 due to mathematical problems in their system, not because it is the end of the world, it is simply a reset of their calendar...

--------------------
"I am serious... and don't call me Shirley." RIP

OfflineAwakenKundalini
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: God? [Re: Slavaslave]
    #13870167 - 01/29/11 09:42 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It surprises me how many people on here are consuming what have been considered sacred sacraments and were consumed in spiritual rituals since mankind began- and yet many are just partying and failing to go within to find what's hiding inside-

To any who are consuming, your on the path and to all who truly seek it will be revealed-

My advice, dose high, dose alone, and don't be afraid of the bad trip, if you feel like you are going to die, then die

Ego death and rebirth is the foundation of all spiritual awareness, if you've never been there- shoot for it on your next trip-

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Loc: Sanriotown, Harmonyland
    #13870178 - 01/29/11 09:44 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Offlinemetalmorph
Pat Badass
Male User Gallery

Loc: So. Maryland
Re: God? [Re: desant]
    #13870284 - 01/29/11 10:09 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The universe definitely had a starting point. That, we know. However, what force inspired the beginning of time, or the bang-bang, is the baffling part. We know basic info about the universe, and as long as that idea is correct, then that's all we need to know. Knowing how exactly this world was 'created' or 'came-about' would ruin what surprise (or lack there-of) that we experience and the end of our mortal lives.

Deep-poop. May or may not make any sense.

--------------------

OfflineKanos
Enabler
Male

Loc: MN, USA
Re: God? [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #13870285 - 01/29/11 10:10 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I had a theory that some lifeform on another planet bought us like we buy ant-farms.  Now there just watching us build and build, but eventually we will die.

It truly could be.....

If there was an almighty creator it wasn't what anyone on earth thinks it was.

--------------------

OfflineAwakenKundalini
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: God? [Re: Kanos]
    #13870366 - 01/29/11 10:31 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well we are a macrocosm of the universe, and we like the creating conscious force also create life through a big bang...

So I would say before the divine orgasmic bang was ecstatic cosmic friction"!

InvisibleDieCommie

#13870402 - 01/29/11 10:40 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I maintain the possibility that the big bang was a purposeful 'creation' by a conscious entity (god).  But if that were the case, I would think its unlikely that this 'god' is any kind of personal god to us.  I would suspect it doesnt even know we exist, or doesnt care - and in either case there is no afterlife.

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: God? [Re: AwakenKundalini]
    #13870410 - 01/29/11 10:41 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

AwakenKundalini said:
So I would say before the divine orgasmic bang was ecstatic cosmic friction"!

:feelsgodman:

--------------------

OfflineAwakenKundalini
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: God? [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #13870419 - 01/29/11 10:44 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

personal and impersonal at the same time

Offline28064212
Special Agent Dale Cooper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twin Peaks
    #13870491 - 01/29/11 11:00 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks to mushrooms, I realized god is the ability to perceive everything clearly and without judgment- all is revealed when the backbone of our mind comes down.

--------------------

InvisibleHappyTrippin
Instrument of Soul

Re: God? [Re: 28064212]
    #13870509 - 01/29/11 11:06 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I believe god is a product of my own imagination, just as is my description of the world.

--------------------
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love. of truth. of light, and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me. We are one.

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
    #13870514 - 01/29/11 11:08 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The clever creator creates something that can create more of itself.  Life  :sun:

We are just starting to do this now.  We are building machines capable of building better versions of them self.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract