Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
OfflineDilauded
Sensability andrespectability

Loc: Krunkville, FL
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Fliquid]
    #1382247 - 03/16/03 10:11 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure dude, there's a lot of times in life where I dunno bout god then there's times where it seems like he's out there. But if not a god then fate. Too many things have coincidentally happened in my life and I'm mostly thinking fate but then I think god.

I believe in evolution strongly, Adam n Eve is a bullshit story and I laugh when these lil' Christian kids explain it. This girl who was explaining it was saying "WE look nothing like apes except for black people" and I replied "aren't black ppl the same as white?" She went on bout how that's ludicrous and trying to convince me that Adam and Eve wasn't just an ordinary story in the bible and that it really did happen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Dilauded]
    #1382249 - 03/16/03 10:14 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Evolution rules! God is a myth...

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1382347 - 03/17/03 12:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

there's no reason that god cannot use evolution by natural selection to obtain the results he's looking for in his creatures...
(and there's no reason that buddha-mind cannot use evolution to work towards the eventual enlightenment & liberation of all sentient beings...
and there's no reason that brahma cannot use the tool of evolution to manifest the lila of cosmic play in this, his dreaming of our universe...
and coyote knows about evolution --- he cobbled mankind together out of leftover animal attributes as a kind of joke...
and the sufis knew well about growing from crystal to vegetable to animal to man to angel to more than angel...)
~
don't you understand that myth can not only incorporate fact, but transcend it? do not attempt to use your "revealed texts" as literal histories, but as windows on the workings of the human (and more than human?) body/mind/psyche/spirit... ???
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: gnrm23]
    #1382404 - 03/17/03 01:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think i will answer my own question.

Answer: Never.

--------------------

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
    #1382841 - 03/17/03 04:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How fucking simple our life would be if we believed there were no creator. No consequences, all you have is this one moment that is your life. Nothing is eternal, nothing is greater than yourself. Man, look around. We are such little, microscopic beings. I cannot see the whole picture to tell you there is a god, you cannot see it to tell me there isn't. Silly chimp.

OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1385253 - 03/17/03 04:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Indigo...I feel sorry that hardly anyone has taken your side of the argument.

I am assuming you are talking about The law of one and Ra and all that. If you are not, this would be shocking to me as you have described almost to a tee the law of one.

What he's saying isn't that there is a 'god' as you guys think of it. Just thought, intelligant infinity! I know this hard to grasp for some of you...but once everything is said and done. It makes the most sense, the most connection...it relates anything and everything.

If you weren't talking about this then you need to know about it lol email me at: magnumck@hotmail.com I will send you furthur details if you don't know about it, and if you do, we can just talk about it.

Has no one else on this board heard of this though? It comes as a shock if the answer is no...

OfflineGreenGuys420
a gyrl who luvssmokin'
Loc: Chi-Town
    #1385313 - 03/17/03 04:38 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hey you freak... youll wish that you believed in god when your ass is burning in HELL!!

--------------------
smokin' is tight...all day and all night!!

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: GreenGuys420]
    #1385358 - 03/17/03 04:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

LOL!

But too bad there is no such thing as hell.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Murex]
    #1385545 - 03/17/03 05:35 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Is that so.

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Zahid]
    #1386486 - 03/18/03 02:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes. And of course, if you haven't been there yet, don't expect us to believe otherwise.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Murex]
    #1386492 - 03/18/03 02:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I disagree, I think that there is a hell. It exists in the 3rd and 2nd dimensionx, and is created and willingly lived in all through an individuals mind.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1386694 - 03/18/03 03:45 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Just flat out saying there isn't a god is a almost as ridiculous as saying there is.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: Phluck]
    #1386783 - 03/18/03 04:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I am my own god, my own master of the universe, I would like god toprove me   wrong. :wink:

But seriously god simply dosent exist, and neither dose the tooth fairy or the easter bunny. God is simply just a tool of power to control the masses, like the easter bunny is to sell easter eggs.

How can you suddenly create a being without proof and blame our existence on them.  Thats just stupid. Man created god, god didnt create man.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlineabraham
journeyman
    #1386790 - 03/18/03 04:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

There is no god! People want to believe that there is a god, so they have a reason for existence.

But the only thing we really know (but that also is not for sure) is that we were generated by evolution just as the fish, birds, dogs, fly's and other creatures. Just because we have consciousness, doesn't mean we must have a leader called god that created us and everything. What i'm trying to say is that the first conscious people were scared because they did not understand. And that is a fact, look at people who never tried drugs. They have the most wrong points of view available. Thats why they needed something that would always be there to protect and reward us. When we need it. And to justify somethings. By saying its gods will...

I couldnt agree more!

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: EvilGir]
    #1388890 - 03/18/03 04:13 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You cannot prove that god does not exist, and you can't prove that he does. There really isn't any way to know the answer.

The idea that there is no god probably gets the benefit of the doubt, there is no real evidence to prove he does exist, so it's not really logical to come to that conclusion. But you really can't know for sure, so saying that you do is idiotic.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleeric_the_red
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#1389220 - 03/18/03 06:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i spoke with god recently; he told me he doesn't exist.  :confused: 

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1389363 - 03/18/03 07:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Silly chimp.

Name calling, a trademark of the weak.

--------------------

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: abraham]
    #1389387 - 03/18/03 07:39 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Nice too see some people understand what i'm saying...

--------------------

Anonymous

#1391714 - 03/19/03 12:40 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You cannot say that something does not exist unless you can define it. 'god' by your definition may very well not exist.

but what about my definition of 'god' ? what about those who say that 'god' cannot be defined with mere language?

your 'god' does not exist. but that's as far as you can go.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: When will you all understand? There is no god! [Re: gnrm23]
    #1392357 - 03/19/03 03:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How dare you utilize enlightened intellect to blast the cocksure idiosies of late adolescents who are attempting to puff up their Concrete Operational Thought into something that appears to be logical and sophisticated!! Why, your very examples of mythos will probably confuse them into believing that you are yourself confused, because you very clearly have not posited the Darwinian mythos as Ultimate Truth. Why, if only the concrete-conceptualizing children could look intently enough at the systems of a single cell - any kind of cell - the unmistakable notion of DESIGN, and hence, DESIGNER, would bowl them over as they rapidly broke through to Formal Operational Thought, and BEYOND, to Trans-Rational Insight that could reveal to them in one mighty "EUREKA!" experience the Earth-shattering, world-creating REALIZATION of REALITY - GOD. All that from the contemplation of an amoeba, a bit of onion skin, or the toothpick scratching of the inside if one's cheek.

Your patience is far superior to mine when it comes to childishness. Perhaps because you are a parent, while I am perpetually locked in a building full of adolescents. You have gotten to see progress from the beginning. I see perpetual adolescence, and here, late adolescence. The Eriksonian Stage of 'Identity,' which embodies so much ego, with so little substance upon which to base those egos. Know-it-all-ness based on nothing. Little or no humility without which acquisition of knowledge, particularly knowledge from realms beyond sensory-rational data, cannot be obtained. To such minds, mythos=bullshit. Children attempting to be grownups, failing to understand that myths create the necessary 'fields' with which highly energetic Truth can be contained, like the magnetic fields that contain the matter-antimatter flux in classic Star Trek's NCC-1701 warp engines. Pointing at the moon, they see only your finger - and miss the moon. MU!

"Goodnight Gracie."

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (03/19/03 03:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck