Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
But how can this be?
    #1383705 - 03/17/03 09:31 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

They don't have any WMD's.... or at least that's what many here have said.

---------------------------------

Iraq Arming Troops With Chemical Weapons

Monday, March 17, 2003

WASHINGTON ? Iraqi troops south of Baghdad are armed with chemical weapons, Fox News has learned.

Senior Defense and other U.S. officials confirmed that intelligence reports indicate that Saddam Hussein's troops are armed with chemical munitions.

"The information is raw ? and hard to confirm ... but we are seeing -- using different methods -- that Saddam Hussein has armed troops south of Baghdad with chemical weapons," one official said.

Officials say it's hard to tell how many of these weapons are being distributed, but the intelligence reports indicate that "some chemical shells" have been provided to troops.

Senior Defense officials say they expected the Iraqis to use these weapons, and they predict more movement by Iraqi troops in the South and the West in the next day or so.

Iraqi troops along the Kuwaiti border far to the south are in shooting distance of U.S. troops stationed there -- but the troops with the chemical shells are further north -- still in the southern no-fly zone, but south of Baghdad.

Saddam said Monday that Iraq once had weapons of mass destruction for defense against Iran and Israel, but it no longer holds them, according to the Iraqi News Agency.

"We are not weapons collectors," Saddam said in remarks during a meeting with a Tunisian envoy.. "But we had these weapons for purposes of self-defense when we were at war with Iran for eight years and when the Zionist entity (Israel) was, and it still is, a threat."

Iraq and Iran fought a ruinous 1980-1988 war in which chemical weapons were used.

"When Saddam Hussein says he has no weapons of mass destruction, he means what he says," Saddam said.

He also said his country had fully cooperated with U.N. inspectors seeking to verify that Iraq had eliminated its banned weapons.

"We have a real desire to rid our region and the whole world of weapons of mass destruction," Saddam said.

He then called on the United States to set an example by destroying its own weapons of mass destruction first.

President Bush has warned Saddam bluntly to disarm or face the consequences. Bush will give Saddam an ultimatum -- either get out of Baghdad or face a military thrashing -- in an address to the nation Monday night .

Fox News' Bret Baier and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: But how can this be? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1383859 - 03/17/03 10:14 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

I would have read it, but it lost all credibility when I read this

Fox News has learned.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
Re: But how can this be? [Re: Skikid16]
    #1383873 - 03/17/03 10:17 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

lol
Fox news, the greatest oxymoron ever... :smile:

I heard about that tho on another station tho, but the facts are few, ambiguous and inconclusive from an intelligence standpoint.

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1383914 - 03/17/03 10:28 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Wait, it seems like the article is basically saying that he DOESN'T have WMD's.

There is a lot of inconclusion in that article, no real depth or stability.

Of course he's going to arm his troops with weapons of some sort, what are they going to do... fight back with their fists?

How in the world would our "intellegence" know exactly what kind of weapons they have... The article even says that the information is raw and hard to confirm.

Saddam is also saying that he doesn't have them...

I'd like to see the US destroy their bombs before Iraq does... lol. It would never happen. Its the same shit thats going on in Iraq though... Their biggest threat, the US, is telling them to destroy their bombs so they can just go in their easier and take them out...

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: But how can this be? [Re: angryshroom]
    #1383941 - 03/17/03 10:33 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Of course he's going to arm his troops with weapons of some sort, what are they going to do... fight back with their fists?

Now that would be something.. Imagine if all Iraqi troops put down their weapons and put up their fists.

Would we still fight them?

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
    #1384527 - 03/17/03 01:20 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

i don't think spin gets any more obvious.

"The information is raw ? and hard to confirm ..."

this is a blatant disclaimer basically saying that anything contained in the article is complete bullshit.

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: But how can this be? [Re: rhizo]
    #1384566 - 03/17/03 01:33 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Agreed, this is nothing but propaganda. There is nothing to this article at all, "some chemical shells" means nothing. Technically any shell with explosives in it is a chemical shell, that is how vague this is.

They also forget all of the depleted uranium shells that the US/UK will be using, of course that's ok 'cos we keep telling ourselves we're the good guys..

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1385049 - 03/17/03 03:34 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Just as I read this, someone was talking about it on CNN, saying that US intelligence officials are calling the information "ambiguous and inconclusive."

It looks like a pretty shoddy article. It should have said "Intelligence reports Iraqi soldiers may be armed with chemical weapons", but it's Fox, so you can't really expect acutal reporting.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlineshroomer girlie
Princess

Loc: Neverland
Re: But how can this be? [Re: Phluck]
    #1385084 - 03/17/03 03:44 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

I'm not worried about chemical warfare. Our troops are being vaccinated for Anthrax and Small Pox...they'll be prepared.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1385105 - 03/17/03 03:48 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

You must consider the source man, THE SOURCE......

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Re: But how can this be? [Re: shroomer girlie]
    #1385109 - 03/17/03 03:49 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

While I suspect you of being some kind of evil puppet.....

I will remind you about a little thing called the Gulf War Syndrome......

Ever heard of it? Look it up.....

--------------------

Offlineshroomer girlie
Princess

Loc: Neverland
Re: But how can this be? [Re: upupup]
    #1385118 - 03/17/03 03:53 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

upupup- Yes I have heard of it...but let me think positive. My dad is shipping out Thursday.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Re: But how can this be? [Re: shroomer girlie]
    #1385186 - 03/17/03 04:10 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Think positive but be real sister....

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1386293 - 03/17/03 10:52 PM (21 years, 16 days ago)

37 hours and counting....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlineuno
enthusiast

Re: But how can this be? [Re: upupup]
    #1387165 - 03/18/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

While I suspect you of being some kind of evil puppet.....

I will remind you about a little thing called the Gulf War Syndrome......

Ever heard of it? Look it up.....

No one knows exactly what caused the GWS. Speculation goes anywhere from anthrax vaccinations to burning oil fields to clouds of smoke from chem weapons factories/stores we blew up. There is almost no evidence, however, that the Iraqis used chem weapons on us.

--------------------
- uno

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates