Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Let Grow or Harvest?
    #1381765 - 03/16/03 03:49 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

I see tons of pictures of peoples terrariums FULL of grown mushrooms, all the way to the top, left to right....it looks as if they just let them all grow instead of picking them when they matured.....is it good to let the cakes produce as many as possible at once, or should you pick them once the veil brakes.

I'm just kinda confused when I see pics of rubbermaid containers FULL of shrooms, cause I was under the impression that you pick them once the veil breaks so that you can make more room for more shrooms to grow.

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHowardo
Male User Gallery

Loc: No left turn unstoned
Re: Let Grow or Harvest? [Re: DannyBoy]
    #1381771 - 03/16/03 03:52 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

you should be trying to have an evenly consistant harvest. if you can do that all the veils of a particular flush will break around the same time.

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
    #1381901 - 03/16/03 04:57 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

A good thing to remember is that they aren't losing any psilo as they grow bigger.  :wink:  Swim usually lets about 25% of their veils to break, then harvests. 

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: Let Grow or Harvest? [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1381920 - 03/16/03 05:09 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

So in theory it would be ok to put the cakes in the terrarium, maintain the humidity and just let them grow until you have a terrarium completely full of mushrooms...as opposed to constantly picking them as a group of them matures.

Or instead of just letting them all grow at once you could harvest them in groups....

Either or right???

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

#1382111 - 03/16/03 07:02 PM (21 years, 7 days ago)

I apologize, I was thinking about casings.

Picking each cake when their biggest shrooms mature is the best way. After you harvest, dunk and fruit the cake again... Sometimes one or two shrooms will mature and there are still tons of nice looking pins ready to grow, if the cake doesn't look dry yet it can be kept in the chamber and the big ones can be picked. The pins should then grow and mature in the next week, since not much water or nutrients have been sucked out of the cake yet.

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

#1382743 - 03/17/03 04:11 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

So you should do the dunk tek after each flush?

--------------------

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

#1382760 - 03/17/03 04:19 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

yep, unless your cakes are bright white still... 12-30 hours in the fridge depending on how dry/yellow the cakes have become

--------------------

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

#1382769 - 03/17/03 04:22 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Is frequent misting of mineral water on the cakes another good source of giving the cakes nutrients.....I'm asking because just wondering if there were other alternatives to keeping cakes full of nutrients (as much as possible) without using a fridge to do a cold dunk (say if using your refridgerator isn't an option).

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1382770 - 03/17/03 04:22 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

It all depends .......
Are you trying to obtain prints ? If so let the veil break open and the cap open up , then harvest those selected mushies and print them .
If you are picking to eat and for potency pick them just prior to veil tearing open . If you let mushies open up and drop spores you will inhibit future flushes , casings or cakes .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: Let Grow or Harvest? [Re: tripndicular]
    #1382881 - 03/17/03 05:11 AM (21 years, 7 days ago)

Are there any signs that the veil is going to break?

--------------------

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1385867 - 03/17/03 07:11 PM (21 years, 6 days ago)

i'll bet there ready now

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies