Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewutthe4k
Sativa Cyborg
Male

Loc: Third stone from the sun
Peyote for sale on this site. I'm skeptical.
    #13851752 - 01/26/11 02:28 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

So one of the shroomerys sponsor sites, "Avalon Magic Plants," claims to be selling live peyote cacti for $25 a piece. I'm skeptical to purchase. Unlike San Pedro and Peruvian Torch, Peyote is illegal. I've never come across sites selling illegal stuff before. What do you guys think?

Here is the url for the site/peyote:

http://www.avalonmagicplants.com/cacti/peyote-decipiens-cactus.html

--------------------
a glimpse of the divine...

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleRafiikii
 User Gallery

Re: Peyote for sale on this site. I'm skeptical. [Re: wutthe4k]
    #13851769 - 01/26/11 02:33 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

damn I mean it is a sponsored site..

Makes me want to get some, that looks nice! hahahah

I am curious as to if this is legit as well

hmmmmm

--------------------
"You didn’t come into this world. You came out of it, like a wave from the ocean. You are no stranger here."

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #13851779 - 01/26/11 02:36 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

It may not be able to be shipped in the US...It says to contact them with questions about shipping rules.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinenavarone89
God in a Pill
Male

Loc: Flag
    #13851787 - 01/26/11 02:38 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wutthe4k said:
So one of the shroomerys sponsor sites, "Avalon Magic Plants," claims to be selling live peyote cacti for $25 a piece. I'm skeptical to purchase. Unlike San Pedro and Peruvian Torch, Peyote is illegal. I've never come across sites selling illegal stuff before. What do you guys think?

Here is the url for the site/peyote:

http://www.avalonmagicplants.com/cacti/peyote-decipiens-cactus.html

Quick research on erowid dude.
It's not 100% illegal. Some/most states get away with "Religious" purposes but i really don't know how that works. So maybe if you're a native of american :smoker:

Quote:

" U.S. STATE LAW #
Laws regarding peyote vary from state to state, with many states allowing "bona fide religious use" of peyote as an exception to the controlled substance laws. Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Wisconsin, and Wyoming all offer some limited exceptions to the peyote laws for religious use. See Peyote Foundation's State Law Page (cache)

In states such as Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, and Utah, peyote may be used by any bonafide relgious organization. In Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wisconsin, use of peyote is only protected within Native American Church ceremonies. In Kansas, Texas, and Wyoming use is only protected for members of the NAC, and Idaho and Texas require some "Native American Heritage" in order to be exempt.

California #
California law states that "every person who plants, cultivates, harvests, dries, or processes any plant of the genus Lophophora, also known as peyote, or any part thereof shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than one year or the state prison." (Health & Safety Code:Ch.6,Art.3,Sec.11363) This is notable because the wording includes the entire Lophophora genus, not just Lophophora williamsii.
Utah #
Utah Supreme Court ruled that peyote use in "bona fide" religious ceremonies, regardless of the race of the participants, is protected under Utah and Federal Law in Utah. The court wrote: "On its face, the exemption applies to members of the Native American Church, without regard to tribal membership. The bona fide religious use of peyote cannot serve as the basis for prosecuting members of the Native American Church under state law." See: Salt Lake Tribune, June 23 2004, Utah State Supreme Court Decision"

--------------------
no

Edited by navarone89 (01/26/11 02:39 AM)

OfflineOthyem
Male

Re: Peyote for sale on this site. I'm skeptical. [Re: navarone89]
    #13851816 - 01/26/11 02:46 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

The only Lophophora that is scheduled in The USA is Williamsii. Pretty sure all are illegal in California though.

Offlinewutthe4k
Sativa Cyborg
Male

Re: Peyote for sale on this site. I'm skeptical. [Re: Othyem]
    #13851823 - 01/26/11 02:48 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

they claim to sell that one too lol it's right here:

http://www.avalonmagicplants.com/cacti/peyote-cactus-medium.html

Quote:

Othyem said:
The only Lophophora that is scheduled in The USA is Williamsii. Pretty sure all are illegal in California though.

--------------------

OfflineOthyem
Male

#13851839 - 01/26/11 02:56 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Lots of sites sell them, they aren't illegal to posses in some other countries. In there info: Customs
Avalon Magic Plants does not guarantee that customs do not confiscate the products ordered by you. If such is the case Avalon Magic Plants will not refund any payments to you, but will upon receipt of proof of confiscation, resend the product one more time. If the goods ordered are illegal in your country we will not reship it because your customs will seize it again. So allways check the legal status of the products before ordering them.

Edited by Othyem (01/26/11 02:59 AM)

Offlinemasterfluffypants
The Psilocybin Psychospawn
Male

Loc: Electric Ladyland Flag
    #13851842 - 01/26/11 02:57 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Even if you were to buy it, you wouldnt be able to harvest any mescaline from it without letting it grow for another 12 years or so. Peyote is very slow aging and takes many, many years for it to fully mature with its alkaloids.

:chew:  :peyote:  :robotrip:

--------------------
"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"

"Mmm...All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly."

:peyote: :sanpedro:    :sanpedro: :peyote:

Offlinewutthe4k
Sativa Cyborg
Male

Re: Peyote for sale on this site. I'm skeptical. [Re: masterfluffypants]
    #13851848 - 01/26/11 03:00 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

the order page says that it's been growing for 3 years and is ready to harvest?

Quote:

masterfluffypants said:
Even if you were to buy it, you wouldnt be able to harvest any mescaline from it without letting it grow for another 12 years or so. Peyote is very slow aging and takes many, many years for it to fully mature with its alkaloids.

:chew:  :peyote:  :robotrip:

--------------------

Offlinemasterfluffypants
Male

#13851898 - 01/26/11 03:19 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

A 3 year old peyote is a baby. Im 99.99% sure that if you harvest and eat it you will feel very minimal to absolutely no effects. Peyote takes a good 15-20 years to get its mescaline. Theres no magic way of speeding that up. I wouldn't trust it. Unless you want to buy and grow it, then you can do that.

--------------------
"You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?"

Offlinewutthe4k
Sativa Cyborg
Male

#13851929 - 01/26/11 03:33 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

damn scams! everyone is out to screw you!

--------------------

Invisiblemonkeyheaven
Male

Loc: yonder
    #13851964 - 01/26/11 03:44 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

masterfluffypants said:
A 3 year old peyote is a baby. Im 99.99% sure that if you harvest and eat it you will feel very minimal to absolutely no effects. Peyote takes a good 15-20 years to get its mescaline. Theres no magic way of speeding that up. I wouldn't trust it. Unless you want to buy and grow it, then you can do that.

Doesn't grafting it onto the top of certain columnar cacti speed up the growth process?

Offlinemasterfluffypants
Male

Re: Peyote for sale on this site. I'm skeptical. [Re: monkeyheaven]
    #13852105 - 01/26/11 05:08 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Yes thats what ive heard.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#13852137 - 01/26/11 05:22 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

some dude showed me a place that ships to the us , some people shi , well, sell, lsd, on line , but how do you now if they're legit ? i mean, plus you can't list vendors, and i wouldn't buy lsd online if i get get hbwr, more euphoric, pure and clean

but , it hurts your insides a bit ..... always a pain to eat those seeds, but better than booze yeah , hbwr lets you talk to the god in you , booze lets you talk to god without him responding ..... or caring.... and then you puke,......

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

Re: Peyote for sale on this site. I'm skeptical. [Re: leery11]
    #13852622 - 01/26/11 10:31 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
some dude showed me a place that ships to the us , some people shi , well, sell, lsd, on line , but how do you now if they're legit ? i mean, plus you can't list vendors, and i wouldn't buy lsd online if i get get hbwr, more euphoric, pure and clean

but , it hurts your insides a bit ..... always a pain to eat those seeds, but better than booze yeah , hbwr lets you talk to the god in you , booze lets you talk to god without him responding ..... or caring.... and then you puke,......

hwbr is tangibly different though in its effects

--------------------

OfflineUbitsa
Waiting Is
 User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
    #13852632 - 01/26/11 10:34 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

masterfluffypants said: Peyote takes a good 15-20 years to get its mescaline. Theres no magic way of speeding that up.

Except as you mentioned, to buy seeds and grow it :smile: 

Peyote is expensive, instead drop your cash on some seeds and some pereskiopsis, graft some peyote(go for 100 if you wanna be safe) and grow those out for a year, drop 'em on soil and root them, a few years after that you'll have all the peyote you could want :smile:

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Peyote for sale on this site. I'm skeptical. [Re: bbl337]
    #13855604 - 01/26/11 07:58 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bbl337 said:
Quote:

leery11 said:

hwbr is tangibly different though in its effects

maybe we think so , tangibly but slightly , its superior in euphoria and clean feelings, you feel the synthetic nature of lsd, despite it feeling clean. cost wise for $14 you have a very powerful trip more powerful than 1 hit of acid, from hbwr, but , taking care to dose them properly .

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

OfflineKaiser
Subb Lover
Male

Loc: B.C.
Re: Peyote for sale on this site. I'm skeptical. [Re: leery11]
    #13855859 - 01/26/11 08:41 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Peyote is illegal in america, so I would be surprised if they would be able to ship a whole peyote cactus to the states.
Also, I don't think that it takes 12 years to able to extract the mescaline. I'm pretty sure that it has mescaline throughout its life cycle, you just have to wait so long for the cactus to grow.

Offlinemasterfluffypants
Male

Re: Peyote for sale on this site. I'm skeptical. [Re: Kaiser]
    #13856212 - 01/26/11 09:45 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Kaiser said:
Peyote is illegal in america, so I would be surprised if they would be able to ship a whole peyote cactus to the states.
Also, I don't think that it takes 12 years to able to extract the mescaline. I'm pretty sure that it has mescaline throughout its life cycle, you just have to wait so long for the cactus to grow.

Well yeah, but the amounts of mescaline it has as a baby is virtually nothing, meaning you would have to eat probably some unbearable amount of them. Peyote that grows in the wild doesnt even flower until its around 10 years old. Grafting it onto a San Pedro root stock will speed up the process, but even so it would still take many years.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#13856542 - 01/26/11 10:52 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

peyote is NOT illegal in the USA, go to a state thet lets you use it , like Arizona, for any legitimate religious intention or go to a state that allows NAC ceremonies

though i understand not how the FIRST pot PATIENT got FEDERAL PERMISSION and the GOVERNMENT SENT HIM POT, he somehow filed some forms and asked them for it , this was before they had state laws, even before California had state laws if I recall

and anyway there are sites that ship stuff anywhere , i do not doubt there are legit peyote supplies that are not concerned with customers maybe, MAYBE doing stuff, since the peyote is legal in this nations they ship from,

you can't be TOO skeptical about things but you have to use strong common sense about them too, i honor the right to cultivate peyote which you could do in some states in the US anyway legally , but at the same time to get mescy you can get pedro etc, they grow very fast anyway .

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale