Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Amazon Agar, Hot Plate, Petri Dish, Potato Dextrose, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Pill divider for agar
    #13853861 - 01/26/11 02:47 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

So after trying this a few times I finally got this down! This is for cheap ass suckas! The dividers I found a Walgreens for $0.99 a piece. They're the weekly dividers and they're clear with the days on top (S, M, T, etc). I made a simple PDA and while it was hot I poured it into each slot. Close the slots and wrap in aluminum foil, then pc. I've gotten them up to 18 psi cuz I let the cooker run away from me, and there was no damage or warping to the plastic. Let them cool in the pc and when you take them out, squeeze the tops back down, as they sometimes open inside even with te aluminum foil. Unwrap them from aluminum foil, and wrap them in plastic wrap. Now the cool part! If you don't have a glove box, leave the plastic wrap on the divider and when you go to put your spores or tissue sample on it. If you're careful enough you can pop the lid and stretch the plastic wrap keeping it all sealed, wipe it with alcohol and stick your syringe through it! With tissue samples you can make a hole in the wrap when you open it and squeeze the tweezers/forceps through, exposing a minimal amount to air. Also with the plastic wrap you can label each slot individually and when you're done it's not on the plastic itself. $5 for 35 cells isn't bad and they're reusable as well.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Pill divider for agar [Re: fngbronco]
    #13853939 - 01/26/11 03:00 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome. I've thought about it, haven't tried it. Pics?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Offlinefreeskierpj
Just trying to learn some shit
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Up, up and away. Flag
    #13853951 - 01/26/11 03:02 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting, mind posting pics of this?

--------------------

-ProfessorPinHead
:amanita2::pinkshroom::supershroom::pinkshroom::amanita2:
My Mycological Excursions
Anything posted on these forums is strictly for fun and completely fictional.

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Pill divider for agar [Re: freeskierpj]
    #13854170 - 01/26/11 03:42 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I'd like to see a pic of this too... I thought pill dividers had really small compartments.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,000 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Invisiblebiologys
Mycologist in Trainning
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pill divider for agar [Re: gornyhuy]
    #13854198 - 01/26/11 03:45 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

you can get larger ones. probably about half the size of a normal petri, but deeper.

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Pill divider for agar [Re: biologys]
    #13854289 - 01/26/11 04:02 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

probly less than a quarter of the size of a petri >.<

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Invisiblebiologys
Mycologist in Trainning
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pill divider for agar [Re: k00laid]
    #13854355 - 01/26/11 04:14 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

ok ok, not quiet half...but 1/3rd lol

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Pill divider for agar [Re: biologys]
    #13854363 - 01/26/11 04:16 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

woa those are some fatties, never seen um that big around here.

though i dont often look for them xD

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: Pill divider for agar [Re: k00laid]
    #13854662 - 01/26/11 05:07 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

The pill boxes are kinda small, maybe 1"x1-1/2" but it's plenty enough for a personal supply. It's also easy if you've got a dirty culture to transfer right to the next one :smile: in the pic I've got an isolated strain of trich (I'm really proud of that haha) and a lion's mane culture next to it. The cells are 100% sealed off from each other so there's no worries of cross contamination.

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

#13937514 - 02/10/11 03:14 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Bump!!! Full colonization of the trich and the myc! Super easy transfers and would be perfect to use as wedges for give aways!!!

--------------------

Pill Divider Agar Tek

InvisibleBarakanaten
Ama-gi
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Mycosphere( Blessed C...
    #13937623 - 02/10/11 03:47 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

:congrats:

Awesome post man, great find!

I'm really diggin this man :awegroove:

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:New to cultivation? :sunny: Have a Question?:mushroomgrow:
Because AMU We Q&A Know
AMU Genetic Library
  Easy Felt
  AMU
:blueangel:
Official PNW Mushroom Hunting Season 2011
"...Though in all else he may be as Saintly as St. Francis, in the pursuit of these ends he is more
Satanic than Satan. He will betray his nearest and dearest without the slightest twitch of flesh or spirit.
He is amoral."
-Definition of a mushroom hunter by ~Angelo Pellegrini
:gallery: :omgawesome: :gallery:

Offlinefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pill divider for agar [Re: Barakanaten]
    #13937723 - 02/10/11 04:14 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

I already bought my pill containers...just waiting on my PC to come in the mail from DomNoon and been looking for agar agar all over the place but can't find it in any grocery stores so I may have to trade for it/buy it online then just doing the https://www.shroomery.org/9427/Grocery-Store-Agar-Tek.

--------------------

-ProfessorPinHead

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #13937862 - 02/10/11 05:14 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Grocery stores? No.
Asian markets and local non-chain health stores.
Not grocery stores, not wal mart, not whole foods.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleBarakanaten
Ama-gi
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Mycosphere( Blessed C...
    #13937867 - 02/10/11 05:18 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

freeskierpj said:
I already bought my pill containers...just waiting on my PC to come in the mail from DomNoon and been looking for agar agar all over the place but can't find it in any grocery stores so I may have to trade for it/buy it online then just doing the https://www.shroomery.org/9427/Grocery-Store-Agar-Tek.

I can hook you up PJ, no worries bro.

I just get my agar at the grocery store, all the stores here sell stuff like that.

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:New to cultivation? :sunny: Have a Question?:mushroomgrow:
Because AMU We Q&A Know
AMU Genetic Library
  Easy Felt
  AMU
:blueangel:
Official PNW Mushroom Hunting Season 2011
"...Though in all else he may be as Saintly as St. Francis, in the pursuit of these ends he is more
Satanic than Satan. He will betray his nearest and dearest without the slightest twitch of flesh or spirit.
He is amoral."
-Definition of a mushroom hunter by ~Angelo Pellegrini
:gallery: :omgawesome: :gallery:

Offlinefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pill divider for agar [Re: Barakanaten]
    #13938074 - 02/10/11 08:10 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

That'd be awesome Barak! Want any of the prints on my trade list for doing so?

--------------------

-ProfessorPinHead

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #13938220 - 02/10/11 09:48 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Damn, those are some HUGE pill compartments!  Nice find.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,000 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: Pill divider for agar [Re: gornyhuy]
    #13940576 - 02/10/11 06:53 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

It works best with the clear pill dividers and if your pc is narrow you can always pc them upright then pour after they're sterile. Let me know if you're successful with it! I may make some of these for trade here in the next few weeks.

--------------------

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Offlinefreeskierpj
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #13940749 - 02/10/11 07:32 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fngbronco said:
It works best with the clear pill dividers and if your pc is narrow you can always pc them upright then pour after they're sterile. Let me know if you're successful with it! I may make some of these for trade here in the next few weeks.

I would imagine so, seeing as you want to be able to see the culture through the container...I'm giving you :mushroom2::pinkshroom::supershroom::pinkshroom::mushroom2: because you just gave me an idea based on this...I'm only gonna post it up if it actually works but it should...

--------------------

-ProfessorPinHead

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

#13949355 - 02/12/11 02:36 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

freeskierpj said:
I'm giving you :mushroom2::pinkshroom::supershroom::pinkshroom::mushroom2: because you just gave me an idea based on this...I'm only gonna post it up if it actually works but it should...

I've got the utmost confidence, I'm a pro at culturing bread molds and managed to make this work, anyone can! Thank you for the mushies too!!! If it doesn't work post anyways and we can troubleshoot it :laugh:

I found some awesome little "bead containers" today at a local huge market chain. $7 for a dozen i think, gonna pour some agar in those for culture give aways. figure they're sturdier than jewelry bags by a long shot and can be reused.

--------------------

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Invisiblebiologys
Mycologist in Trainning
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #13949367 - 02/12/11 02:39 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

yeah and ppl wont get baggies with dried up goop in them, like i recieved in the mail...suppose to been 3 edible cultures and all were unsalvageable :frown:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Amazon Agar, Hot Plate, Petri Dish, Potato Dextrose, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation