Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
when do they become my enemy
    #1384538 - 03/17/03 01:24 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I was sitting on my porch. I had just finished chopping some wood. I was relaxed as usual after I finish doing hard work.

I was watching the moon, it was huge a perfect moment when the full moon rises and the sun is setting, The snowy mountain was tipped with a pink.

I was hallucinating* a little kinda meditating and thinking how the first ancient tribe would have been so amazed at ..well everything..And religions begginings, that makes sense.

My neighbor was coming down the driveway, At first I was so caught in the moment I barely noticed.
Then I began to perceive him driving by-
I used my incredible amazing psychic powers to read his mind :smirk:
and he was thinking pretty much like me.
" theres my neighbor that annoiying piece a.."
Now he was directly in front of me I couldnt see much but his face I caugh his eyes for a moment.
I waved.
Quickly he waved back, a little suprised since we dont communicate often.
At that moment we were neighbors-friends- equals.
hmm strange it faded fast though.
we wouldnt harm each other, we would stick toghether if need be, but those people down the street on theother hand... :wink:
but It is of course relative,
they are part of the local circle of pride..
of course if need be all us Washingtonins would unite.
And so would America
and its allies
and the world?
how about all of excistence.

when does the switch betwen friend and foe happen, or how can we let it.

The man who tried to shoot me in other circumstances could have probally been a good friend- yet he would end my life? And in turn my anger could rise and I could kill someone who could have been dear to me..

As the country I am a citizen of is about to go to war I am forced to think hard..Am I a murderer?
I am a part of this world.
How could another being like me be my enemy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
Re: when do they become my enemy [Re: shaggy101]
    #1384560 - 03/17/03 01:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Human interactions is an extremely interesting topic. Why do we feel a connection with some people while nothing at all with others? How come some people radiate a certain aura, when you're around them you know you're around them? This to me almost proves that there has to be some sort of spirtual world, not just this brain that creates everything. Nice post, by the way.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1384971 - 03/17/03 03:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Freaking great post....

To anwer your alluring topic- when we dehumanize them....

All efforts ever made toward warfare have begun with a dehumanizing slur of some kind. It is basic politics 101.....

Keep chopping that wood as before enlightenment, chop wood/haul water.....after enlightenment, chop wood/haul water.......

PS. We are neighbors......literally........figurativly.......I am in MT.......

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1385027 - 03/17/03 03:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"I used my incredible amazing psychic powers to read his mind "

could you explain, in detail. Ive had a dream like this one.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: when do they become my enemy [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1385147 - 03/17/03 04:00 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i have an aura, i discovered this after a trip.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Re: when do they become my enemy [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #1385259 - 03/17/03 04:24 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Smokerforpeace- Definately strange, but I see it a little different.
I think it is just our egos* that feel that certain connection with some and not with others. The part of us that has mentally made me "me" and you "you" since birth( the thought that "we" are only what our minds have made us from its own subjective experience[which could be all there is )
but I believe we are all equal and take away the experience you are still you(ego loss ) ..meaning I feel that connection with everyone although in some it is buried deeply(usely thru ignorance) or our egos our just not intune.

Upupup- MT huh? what ppart my sister used to live near Glacier, beautiful area.
That is really the point you hit it. It saying judgement is layed we are the good guys because _ _ _ _ and they are the bad guys beacuase _ _ _ _ .
so now we are justified.
yet its completely relative.
The reason why a soldier comes back from war and remebers looking in the eyes of his enemy and for a moment questioning why?.. I believe he saw himself in a way

Johnny5- I will Pm you later or tommorow

centrum- am very interested you mind explaining some more

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
    #1385616 - 03/17/03 05:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'll post more tomorrow. This thread has really caught my interest. But for now, I must sleep and hope there's no hangover tomorrow.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
    #1386656 - 03/18/03 03:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

when does the switch betwen friend and foe happen, or how can we let it.

When another person's behavior indicates to you that the world is not how you "need" it to be.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1387147 - 03/18/03 06:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"How could another being like me be my enemy?"

I think this happens when you can't realize that they are 'like you,' or it can happen even faster if THEY can't realize that YOU are 'like them,' and harm you first, which will create instant enemies (at least temporarily) in most cases.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMANNALORD
Vagabond Ninjafor Hire
Loc: F- R
Re: when do they become my enemy [Re: Strumpling]
    #1387312 - 03/18/03 07:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Of course, anyone could be your friend in the right situation at the right time. Some asshole that cut you off while driving could have been a good friend of yours had you met some other way. But during war u cant stop and think about who you are fighting, there is no time for that. You must kill or you will be killed its simple, and sad because im sure the people you're fighting would be perfectly viable friends in the right situation at the right time. But you have to picture them as your mortal enemy, no love for the other side, otherwise there will be too much pain to fight.

--------------------
Live and Die in FALL RIVER

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: when do they become my enemy [Re: MANNALORD]
    #1387589 - 03/18/03 08:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

IF YOU GO TO WAR, that is..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

#1388269 - 03/18/03 12:35 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

buttonion- read the second line of the qoute from me, then the last line of your sig.
or maybe I dont understand what you said

Strump- " at least temporarily " that is right on.
I thougt more about things last night, and there are people which truely seem like I cant read them,like they dont have the force within, but I doubt it..the error must be in the perception(I hope)
As I somewhat stated above I believe the force is in all of us-due to life events or true/ bieng traits it may be harder to percieve in certain individuals.
The former Iwish not to be true because
#1 it means some must lose for others to win
#2 It would mean one could lose what I call the force-of course the picture is different if you believe in reincarnation.

Manna- what strump said

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
    #1388443 - 03/18/03 01:34 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

buttonion- read the second line of the qoute from me, then the last line of your sig. or maybe I dont understand what you said

I was trying to answer your question of how humans come to dislike, hate, and even desire to kill other humans. By what I said, I meant that a significant amount of such behavior occurs when others suggest the invalidity of our own worldviews. With the exception of a few rare individuals, we derive a sense of security from knowing how things are and what it is we should be doing in the world. By living up to our internal standards we aquire a personal sense of value, otherwise known as self-esteem. When others suggest that our view is wrong (e.g., they believe in a different God, the existence of which is incompatible with the doctrine of your religion; they explicitly deny the truth of your view), this serves as a threat to our personal sense of value- the standards to which we aspire to live may not be the right ones. This is anxiety provoking, we must react, and we choose one of several defenses to manage it. Too often, the defense of choice is aggression and elimination of the percieved source of the threat.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1388451 - 03/18/03 01:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think "the force" (to use your terms) is the same with all of us when we're born, Shaggy, but life experience morphs this force into different spectrums/frequencies/shapes/types, so it is sometimes harder to "feel the force" with some people depending on how close to your exact spectrum/frequency/shape/type their "force" is.

--------------------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

#1388815 - 03/18/03 03:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Buttonion-Thanks.
You described that perfectly, and it is exactly what I try to "..ascend" if you will.
Read back on what I said about the soldier-or think of a time when you may have been angry with someone and then something put it all into perspective, did/would you forgive.

possibly not the best example (fantasy) but think of in The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien at the battle of 5 armies,
the Elves/men and the Dwarves were ready to kill one another over what?
pointless earthly possesions and Pride..the latter being often very potent(as I think you descibed)
Yet there anger was great they were blinded...
and then the orcs/wolves attacked (representing evil)[which in reality could be all in our heads so to speak)
anyway the former hate could not be true as it was quickly change to love as things were put in perspective.

To look at that in a realistic perspective you could take it as the orcs representing a new common enemy that is just another group of humans so any point im trying to make would be void..(its all relative as long as there someone[human] to hate)..the lesser of 2 evils.etc...
But I disagree.

as I said above the orcs would represent evil, whether that be whithin us(in which case it is a personal battle, by attacking someone else for there evil you have commited hypocrisy on the worst level)
or a outside non-human force,it is still a inside battle instead of us verses them it is us conquering our own free will and deciding to side with ourselves which would be fullfilling the force.
Which brings me to what strumpling said.

The are many ways to see the truth that I call the force, from many philosophical talks I have yet to find someone who doesnt see it, although each has there expression of it.
Although I am pretty much saying everyone sees it, I can of course only speak for myself.

when you cut thru everything the fundamental is all that is left I think the spectrum/frequency/shape/type is an after thought..although you are touching on a area I could speak hours on.

My only point is thru all the passion, hard times/good times life experience..
I can still look in someones eyes and know..

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
    #1390669 - 03/19/03 06:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think there were some good points made here. And I'd just like to add a quote from "Machine Gun": Evil man make me kill ya, evil man make ya kill me, evil man make me kill ya, even though we're only families apart. I think it's quite appopriate in this discussion. (P.S. - Jimi Hendrix was an army parachuter for a while and saw war first hand; I think that simply strengthens the statements he makes against the stupidity of war.)

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Re: when do they become my enemy [Re: TheEggman]
    #1392904 - 03/19/03 06:38 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have never heard that one,
what album is it on.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order