Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSanguine
Candy flippin'
Female User Gallery

Loc: Southeast
loph/pereskiopsis graft questions
    #13840932 - 01/24/11 07:44 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Recently I picked this guy up:

I noticed this weekend that it looked like it was starting to turn a little bit more brown around the graft area and looked like it was shriveling ever so slightly or had lost a little water. Nothing dramatic, but it looks a little worse than when I got it. I'm sorry I don't have pics at the moment, but I'll post some when I get home from work.

Basically I'm just wondering what I can do to get it back on the right track. I'm going to start watering it more, and I was also wondering if I should put a plastic bag over the pot for a humidity tent? Also, I have it under lights near a sunny window, but maybe it's too cold by the window and I should move it?

As always, thanks for the help.
:peace:

--------------------

"The greatest delight which the fields and woods minister is the suggestion of an occult relation between man and the vegetable. I am not alone and unacknowledged. They nod to me, and I to them." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ozz's Poo Pictorial
Shirley Knott's Spore Print Tek
No PC wbs
APE grow log

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpiderbaby
?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
Re: loph/pereskiopsis graft questions [Re: Sanguine]
    #13843456 - 01/24/11 05:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

saw your post earlier but i was busy thesis writing,

whats the story, do you have it potted up in soil? it looking a bit more brown around the graft area is probably fine, that area will look different as it ages

just gently poke it, if its squishy and wet like a rotten tomato its rotting, if it has firm skin bit is slightly soft underneath like an old potato its fine just a bit dehydrated

you can nearly ignore that last thing i said, i really dont thing its possible that your graft is rotting, it looks healthy to me

its most likely just a bit dehydrated, did you get it in the post? just keep it watered, pereskiopsis can handle alot, and see if it plumps up

the fact that the leaves are gone might mean the graft is old, pereskiopsis eventually go kind of woody inside and stop pumping growth into the scion grafted on top, if thats the case you will have to  degraft it

in any case dont worry about, cactus growing is about taking your time, you only need to act fast if something is rotting and your cactus deffo does not look like its rotting. just give it time and see if it swells back up a bit  . . . . . jasus this post rambled an awful lot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder