Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewatcher201
Stranger
How long can a trip feel like? * 1
    #13835762 - 01/23/11 07:41 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

What are "moments of eternity"? And because time gets distorted on some drugs it can feel longer than it really is, but can it actually feel eternal? I can imagine because subjective experience is so strong that it could literally feel like you have been tripping for years. Any one' had extreme time distortion experiences on any drugs?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletr20josh
Boomer
Male User Gallery

Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: watcher201] * 2
    #13835777 - 01/23/11 07:49 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Sometimes it's hard or impossible to remember that I ever wasn't tripping on mushrooms when I'm really deep into it.  It absolutely can last an eternity.

OfflinerunMD
Face Thoroughly Palmed

Loc: South Park County, CO
Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: watcher201] * 1
    #13835783 - 01/23/11 07:52 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It can feel like a long time. I remember one experience where an hour felt like two or more. If you are having a bad trip, I sure time can feel more prolonged.

--------------------
"Are you high or just stupid?"   
"I assure you, I am NOT high"

::All my posts are fabrications or observed accounts of other people's experiences. All cultivation is for the growth of legal and edible gourmet mushrooms.::
Not A Medical Doctor.
Elementary Coir Tek
Damion's Favorite Links, I love em.

Study Them. Experience Them.Learn from Them. Respect Them.

OfflineFrankAssen420
Stoner
Male

#13835853 - 01/23/11 08:35 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

When I bought Salvia from a smartshop in Holland the salesman told me that a trip can feel very long even though it only lasts 20 minutes. He also told me that one of his friends smoked it once and that he was a tile on the pavement for 2 months.

Invisiblefungusmuncher
rabbit chaser
Male User Gallery

Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: runMD] * 1
    #13835854 - 01/23/11 08:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Yea time gets a little weird when tripping hard.  I remember it slowing to a crawl and at one point going backwards.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: runMD] * 1
    #13835856 - 01/23/11 08:37 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Some drugs seem to fuck with the part of your brain that perceives time.  A single moment can seemingly split into a crystalline structure of endless time and you are stuck in its maze until the effects wear off.  It can be enjoyable or it can be hell.  One time I experienced the whole seven years of a part time job that I had as a kid in a flash.  I literally felt blown away by the weirdness of the memory condensed, expanded, and brought to life.  Other times I felt stuck in my own personal and eternal hell where terrible thoughts were paraded in front of me forever.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: joemolloy] * 1
    #13835966 - 01/23/11 09:28 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

A high dose of LSD seems to distort time for me the worst... maybe in part because it simply lasts so long. At the end of an LSD trip when i'm thinking back on everything that happened my memories of the trip feel ancient.

When you're experiencing the trip it's possible to feel time slowing down, but more commonly for me I get this feeling when I think back on things i've done that day. Like "woah, remember when I was doing this. That feels like it was an eternity ago" when in reality it's been an hour.

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: joemolloy] * 1
    #13835982 - 01/23/11 09:34 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
A single moment can seemingly split into a crystalline structure of endless time and you are stuck in its maze until the effects wear off.

Wow, excellent way of putting that.  :wetself: :thumbup:

Invisiblezergroz
Male User Gallery

Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: Sleepwalker] * 1
    #13835987 - 01/23/11 09:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Rofl, i remember when i was tripping and I couldn't read the clock the hands we both moving... does that happen a lot to you guys?

Offlinemasterharf
Stranger
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: zergroz] * 1
    #13836025 - 01/23/11 09:47 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zergroz said:
Rofl, i remember when i was tripping and I couldn't read the clock the hands we both moving... does that happen a lot to you guys?

i've have clock right above my couch and when im tripping i spend a lot of time just laying there listening to music. well, i always end up staring at the clock. weird shit always seems to happen to that clock. my favorite was when the numbers switched places on me then disappeared. I should probably move that clock now that i think of it. thinking about time while tripping kinda bugs me out a bit.

--------------------
harf

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: masterharf] * 1
    #13836105 - 01/23/11 10:13 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Frequently, a seemingly endless time of amazing tripping will go by and we'll suddenly wonder how long we've been at it.  Someone will manage to figure out the time and we'll realize its only been about 15 minutes of elapsed time to everyone's utter disbelief. 

In contrast to that though, when real time kicks back in during the come down I usually can't believe its over already and I don't want to go back to the real world.

Other times, with particularly strong PE, we'll be tripping super hard and suddenly realize it has only been about an hour since we dosed and its only like 9pm and regular people are out there leading regular lives at that time while we've been tripping for eternities.  that is always hard to fathom.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Offlinewatcher201
Stranger
Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: gornyhuy] * 1
    #13836448 - 01/23/11 11:52 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

When yo say it feels like a long time. Is it like when your bored and time goes really slowly? Is it possible to have a trip that feels eternal and therefore is eternal in that persons mind? Sorry if thats confusing lol. Like when people experience ego death, in a sense it is actually ego death and not just something that feels like ego death...

Offlinessc18
Super Saiya-jin Android
Male

#13836468 - 01/23/11 11:56 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Realistically, peaking can feel like a few hours go by in 10 or 20 minutes because you are thinking so much. If you just calm down and let your mind ride on the substance and watch TV or do something that doesn't involve thinking you are golden.

--------------------
:*::*::*:

To be what you want to become you must deny what you need to become.

OfflineCrackedAlarum
Stranger
Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: ssc18] * 1
    #13836721 - 01/23/11 01:06 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

For me it is sometimes I cannot perceive anything more than the moment I'm currently in - and therefore feels eternal to me.

Offlinebicycleday
mushroom tripper
Male

Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: CrackedAlarum] * 1
    #13836890 - 01/23/11 01:38 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i remember on shrooms, i kept checking asking what the time was, like evry 5 minutes, because i thought hours had went by.

Invisibledrr
Female
    #13837374 - 01/23/11 03:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

watcher201 said:
When yo say it feels like a long time. Is it like when your bored and time goes really slowly? Is it possible to have a trip that feels eternal and therefore is eternal in that persons mind? Sorry if thats confusing lol. Like when people experience ego death, in a sense it is actually ego death and not just something that feels like ego death...

No, not like being bored at all, lol

You aren't going to understand until you experience it. On a moderate dose you aren't going to be convinced you've been frying for months or a whole lifetime when it has only been hours. But you may feel that way momentarily...and certainly on higher doses that is possible. But you will be so disconnected from reality when that happens. You won't be able to tell what is you and what is not...let alone read and understand time on a clock.

Others put it well...in 15 minutes, it can easily feel like a couple of hours have passed. That is the way I usually experience it.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #13837426 - 01/23/11 03:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ssc18 said:
If you just calm down and let your mind ride on the substance and watch TV or do something that doesn't involve thinking you are golden.

What is the point of tripping if you don't want to trip?

--------------------

Offlinessc18
Super Saiya-jin Android
Male

Re: How long can a trip feel like? [Re: learningtofly] * 1
    #13837560 - 01/23/11 03:46 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Quote:

ssc18 said:
If you just calm down and let your mind ride on the substance and watch TV or do something that doesn't involve thinking you are golden.

What is the point of tripping if you don't want to trip?

Say your bored, and want to get high. An hour into it you don't want to trip. There is a great example. And why did you comment that on my post, I was just giving the newbie advice for his trip. People have bad trips when they fight it.

--------------------
:*::*::*:

To be what you want to become you must deny what you need to become.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #13837782 - 01/23/11 04:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Who the hell takes acid just because they're bored?

--------------------

Offlinedesert father
Stranger
    #13837797 - 01/23/11 04:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

watcher201 said:
What are "moments of eternity"? And because time gets distorted on some drugs it can feel longer than it really is, but can it actually feel eternal? I can imagine because subjective experience is so strong that it could literally feel like you have been tripping for years. Any one' had extreme time distortion experiences on any drugs?

the way you experience "time" through your senses is completely dependent and completely different depending on your state of mind.
in my opinion you're always experiencing a different "feeling" of time.

for instance like waiting for the bell to ring at the end of school.

different than time elapsed doing something you enjoy.

or time elapsed having dinner.

i don't believe clocks to be perfect representations of a certain "experience" of time, because i don't think any way in which you experience time to be the one true understanding of time.

now to think about time from a yogic perspective, time doesn't really "exist", because you can't perceive any moment but the current one, thus making anything but the present moment a thought or memory, which isn't truth.  the truth is in the moment.

i would also compare the experience of time while practicing pranayama a unique way to experience time.

and to give an opinion about moments of eternity, i guess it would relate to the yogic perspective of time in that you are only conciously aware of each simultaneaous moment, thus ceasing any thoughts or memories that give you a perception or understanding of anything else besides the very present moment....for many consecutive moments.

as soon as you become aware of a before or an after, your moment of eternity is over.

i would compare getting zoned out while driving and missing a turn on the road, or daydreaming, or visualization to a "moment of eternity"

sorry for going on, i don't have a computer no more so it's nice to get my thoughts out in some way shape or form, i enjoyed your question while i was stoned man, thanks.

--------------------
vi veri veniversum vivus vici

What she said :
"I smoke 'cos I'm hoping for an
Early death
AND I NEED TO CLING TO SOMETHING !"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies