Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
Wanna know what the real solution to peace will be?
    #1382764 - 03/17/03 04:20 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Hello All,

Right now everybody is wondering what the heck is gonna happen as far as this upcoming war... and even after. More so what's going to happen AFTER this war, because as we all know it's most likely not gonna take longer than a month to take complete control of Iraq.

Let me ask you this question real quick. Everybody says they want peace, and it's true they do. We all do! But...

Do you really think it's possible for any Human Government/Organization to ever create 100% on Earth?

I mean look at the track record of human existence... the 20th century had the most wars, the worst wars in the shortest amount of time than there ever has been in the history of human existence!! You would thing that as time goes on humans would get better at this Peace thing right?

Well the truth is, humans just aren't fit to rule themselves... man is not fit to direct even his own steps. Some of you might already know where I'm getting at.

So who is fit to run things here on earth, to create peaceful conditions that will last forever... not just for a couple years?

The Man Upstairs... The Ruller of the Universe... He who created us for goodness sakes! God himself!

Here's what I've learned from studying the bible... and is what I truly believe!! And because of my beliefs I really am not worrying what's gonna happen next... because I believe 100% I already know!!

In the beginning there was the garden of Eden correct? Adam and Eve were meant to live forever in a perfect, PEACEFUL world. They were to fill the earth with offspring, and take care of the planet. That was all that was purposed!

But we all know what happened next, Adam and Eve were snared by Satan's lies. Thus leading them to break THE ONLY RULE God set for them. Eating from the tree.

Now at this point, God could've wiped the slate so to speak, and start over... or not to start over at all. That would be a cowardly way out, instead he wanted to allow time to prove that he was the sovereign lord, the one that knows all. He wanted to PROVE satan was a liar. By doing what satan did, he pretty much said that humans didn't need god to rule over them... that the only reason humans would ever be obedient to him is just if they're getting something out of it.

So... the entire human existence up til' this point has been to prove a point... that if humans were left to rule themselves, it would eventually end in their demise (don't worry he won't let that happen, more on that in a bit) just because they don't have the knowledge, the wisdom to do it. He's proved this point by far... and so soon he's going to get rid of all the wickedness in this world... and restore the earth back to the paradise it was originally meant to be, and he'll let all who stayed faithful to him live forever on earth!

So that's why I don't worry about goin up in a big nuclear holocaust, or other mass destructive things... because god won't let earth be destroyed to that extent... he'll step in long before that!

Alot of stuffthat's been happening these past 80-100 years now have been prophesized on the bible as being the "signs of the end". This world is really close to dieing... it's just hard to imagine, because it's all we've ever known, and all our ancestors have ever knowned. But human existence has really only been a short period of time in the whole scheme of things... it's like a day or two to god, because he's always been... he had no beginning, nor will he ever end!

Regardless though, this "system of things" is going to end soon... and Bush, or any other human, or government is never going to bring about peace! People are looking in the wrong place!

So yes, this is what I believe! I grew up studying the bible, and all what I've read I have no doubt this will happen! The only thing that is hard, is making it into the earthly paradise that will follow armageddon... because it's going to be the road "less traveled"... the mass majority of us humans will not make it (including me if I don't change some of my ways). It's just really hard, cause we're not perfect, and in these last days satan is trying very hard to stumble as many humans as he can so they'll go down with him. He's had thousands of years to learn how to "lure" humans in with just the pefect "bait" (temptation) in order for them to break gods laws, and he's really good at it, I could vouch personally on this! Alot of us could if we're truly being honest with ourselves!

But... there are humans that are doing what god asks of all of us. What does he want? Basically not to commit gross sins (smaller ones are inevitable, we're imperfect, but that doesn't mean we don't even try NOT to commit these) and do his work on earth. What's his work? Getting the word out to as many people as possible about his upcoming war with satan and all of his wickedness, and how they can make it to the new paradise... and live forever on earth! That's it, and as long as your trying your hardest to do these things... you'll make it!

I know many of you won't believe what I believe is the truth... but I just had to put it out there... because this war, and the post war uncertaintities is on EVERYBODY'S mind!

Thanks for reading, and lets see what bush has to say tonight!

Peace
Gthirteens

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Edited by Gthirteens (03/17/03 04:30 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Wanna know what the real solution to peace will be? [Re: Gthirteens]
    #1383001 - 03/17/03 05:54 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

How do you know what you believe is true?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Anonymous

#1383015 - 03/17/03 06:00 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

*sigh* what a relief! all this time i was sitting around trying to solve the worlds problems, just getting myself in a tussel! its so nice to breathe easy knowing jesus will be here anyday to save us from ourselves...

::waiting::

.......?

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1383016 - 03/17/03 06:02 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

***Cough*Spirituality Forum*Cough***

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1383392 - 03/17/03 08:03 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

LOL!  :grin:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1383541 - 03/17/03 08:44 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

One problem with the way the bible is treated today is that its history and origins are ignored.  The bible is a historically significant document, it's origins trace back to the beginning of civilization.

The story of Adam and Eve came from the Sumerian tale of Creation.  Adam and eve were placed in the Eden and instructed by  Yawheh not to eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, or they would die, and be cast out of paradise.  However, a "serpent" persuaded Eve that surely they would not die and convinced them to partake of the fruit. 

In the Sumerian mythology, there were two primary deities in charge of mankind: Enki and Enlil.  Enki was the ally of man, for he had created them out of the "clay".  Enlil was a strict discipliner of man, and less fond of his brother's, Enki's, creation.
Enki is often associated with the serpent throughout Sumerian mythology.  This is where we get the modern symbol for medicine: a serpent entwined around a tree.  Enlil has come to be known as Yawheh in the Bible.  Yawheh is but one deity of the ancient sumerian pantheon, although some others have been tied in to this deity as well, to accomodate the monotheistic doctrine of the Chrisitan church.

Enlil did not want mankind to possess the knowledge of the gods.  He was a jealous God, sound familiar :wink:?  Enki,on the other hand, as mankinds benefactor, encouraged his creation to partake of the Tree of Knowledge and to gain awareness.  To gain this consciousness which has become a catalyst throughout time for the great teachers like Buddha and Jesus and countless others.  By partaking of the "fruit", "adam and eve" in the "garden of eden" were merely taking the first steps in mankinds spiritual evolution.  Without those steps, there would have been no "Jesus" and no modern Chrisitanity.  The concept of God and Satan is a misnomer.  A gross oversimplification.  A tool for the self-righteous to spew forth dogma.

An eternity in God's paradise sure sounds nice doesn't it?  Funny, though, that many Christians' ultimate motive is selfish.  To earn a place in heaven?  They do their "work here on Earth", ie: attempting to persuade others toward their beliefs, and satisfying their own petty conscience, so that they will look pious and righteous in the eyes of their Lord.  So that when their day of judgement comes their Lord will see that they were "good" and their will earn their place in heaven.

I feel the spiritual path leads forever onward.  To those waiting for their eternity in paradise, I would suggest all is not so simple. 

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1383547 - 03/17/03 08:45 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

"Wanna know what the real solution to peace will be?"

Solution to peace? Well, that'd be war.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflineKB1EWE
WIDE-EYEDCURIOSITY
Loc: f(s) = (8t^2-3t+35)/ i
    #1383562 - 03/17/03 08:48 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

the bible is not for us.

the bible is old and outdated....sure it teaches common morality...but so do mommy and daddy (they should...)

the bible was the myth for the past....people just don't know what the myth for today is

read some Joeseph Campbell, good guy

for you sir, i'd suggets "The Power of the Myth"

don't take me word for it, read this stuff...you'll really love it

cheers

--------------------
E A T T H E W O R M...with moderation

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1383893 - 03/17/03 10:22 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Well the truth is, humans just aren't fit to rule themselves... man is not fit to direct even his own steps
uhhh no, YOU aren't fit to rule yourself by making a statement like that.  If you feel you need a higher authority to tell you how to live and how to direct your own footsteps then I feel sorry for you.

The Man Upstairs... The Ruller of the Universe...
There a so many views on what God is or is not, how are you so sure you know what he is or if he even exists?

And because of my beliefs I really am not worrying what's gonna happen next... because I believe 100% I already know!!
LOL, blinded by your own beliefs... that's classic.

But we all know what happened next, Adam and Eve were snared by Satan's lies.
Satan offered them knowledge and equality with God.  I guess that's a bad thing in some peoples eyes.

I know many of you won't believe what I believe is the truth... but I just had to put it out there...
I definately don't believe in your version of truth but I respect your views and I hope you can respect mine too. Enjoyed your post  :wink:

Edited by chodamunky (03/17/03 10:47 AM)

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #1383920 - 03/17/03 10:29 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

I think Mckenna had a much better answer.....

Shrooms for everyone!!!

Cheers,
Jono.

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

OfflineDramamine
Stranger
Re: Wanna know what the real solution to peace will be? [Re: jono]
    #1384278 - 03/17/03 12:10 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

I think Mckenna had a much better answer.....

Shrooms for everyone!!!

Cheers,
Jono. 

I second that.

:smile: 

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1385089 - 03/17/03 03:44 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

In the beginning there was the garden of Eden correct? Adam and Eve were meant to live forever in a perfect, PEACEFUL world. They were to fill the earth with offspring, and take care of the planet. That was all that was purposed!

But we all know what happened next, Adam and Eve were snared by Satan's lies. Thus leading them to break THE ONLY RULE God set for them. Eating from the tree.

hehe, what if that type of god, came back to earth, and tells you can't touch the forbidden fruit agian. Would you treasure freedom, and eat the fruit, or live in fear listen to that god?

Trust me you better off, listening to satan, and eating fruits of freedom.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Re: Wanna know what the real solution to peace will be? [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1385216 - 03/17/03 04:17 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

I'm glad people who put so much faith in the bible can lead happy lives in their blissful ignorance. The book is 2000 years old! How can it be right when Psychology books written 50 years ago are termed 'outdated' ??

So that's why I don't worry about goin up in a big nuclear holocaust, or other mass destructive things... because god won't let earth be destroyed to that extent... he'll step in long before that!

Maybe that's what the Japanese thought when that nuclear warmth consumed them... Maybe that's what the Jew's were thinking while the over was set on "broil" .. I'm not trying to offend, but it angers me that people can be so content with the answers fed to them from 2000 years ago.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Wanna know what the real solution to peace will be? [Re: jono]
    #1385705 - 03/17/03 06:27 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

pfft, McKenna... not really any different than any other preacher. I mean, c'mon, spores from space? That's even more ridiculous than immaculate conception.

Shrooms don't make people peaceful, or nice, or intellectual, or generous. I've heard that nonsense repeated over and over. "If only world leaders ate mushrooms..."

It just doesn't work that way. I've met many a violent fool who was also a fan of the mushrooms. I've met people who think it's a blast to eat shrooms and then trash a hotel room.

One thing I've noticed about psychedelics, is that they make people solidify their beliefs. If someone thinks pacifism is good, eating mushrooms will just make them believe this more strongly. If someone thinks killing niggers is a good thing, shrooms will back them up. Believe in god? Shrooms will make you believe more strongly, and vice versa.

Charles Manson is a perfect example. Ate tons of acid, and decided a race war was necessary, and that murdering celebrities was the way to get things started.

Psychedelics are fun, and they're neat, but they aren't needed in order to get in touch with yourself, to think philosophically, or to understand the world around you. You can do all these things without psychedelics.

--------------------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1385836 - 03/17/03 07:01 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

I actually somewhat agree with that
although there are many ways to see it.

heh I enjoy the bible, what are your opinions on Daniels king of the North/South prophecies?

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Loc: worldcitizen
Re: Wanna know what the real solution to peace will be? [Re: shaggy101]
    #1386251 - 03/17/03 10:19 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

perhaps by killing each other off when we get too dense, don't understand each others, or we just want other peoples oil we keep room for other species on this planet as well. Perhaps lust for war is essential for humans to keep balance within nature. Just a thought....i myself don't know wether i would believe this, but the point is we always analyse war from within the human perspective(thus with all our disgust for the sheer horror of it), perhaps we could also take a look at it from a larger plane (war as an instrument that for a part defines our limits on this planet)....

Edited by quemo (03/18/03 01:19 AM)

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Wanna know what the real solution to peace will be? [Re: Phluck]
    #1386266 - 03/17/03 10:34 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Phluck, please dont take my point the wrong way, I wasnt trying to inspire any kind of heated argument.

I agree that average doses of psychedelics in a lot of cases dont do anything to change a person, but you must admit that for a lot of people they are a life changing experience. I know in my case, LSD gave me a proverbial kick in the mind, and changed my life. I became more aware of my motivations, thoughts, values etc in general, and set about changing myself as a person. Whether or not this is a common occurence, I cant say, all I can speak for is myself.

I do believe, however, that most everyday people would be hard pressed not to "change" after having a "level 5" experience on psychedelics.

Just my 2c

Jono.

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Wanna know what the real solution to peace will be? [Re: Phluck]
    #1386428 - 03/18/03 01:05 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Solution to peace? Well, that'd be war.

Um...no. Fighting for Peace is the same as fucking for virginity. It just don't work that way.

--------------------

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Re: Wanna know what the real solution to peace will be? [Re: Shroomism]
    #1386455 - 03/18/03 01:42 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Um...no. Fighting for Peace is the same as fucking for virginity. It just don't work that way.   

if you talk cliches i will counter one as well:

for instance this PURELY theoretical situation: 
you would have 10 ppl in one room. 9 ppl out of these 10 have only 2 charasteristics and all the same. 1 out of these 2 charasterics is omni-present, the other one can only  come to the surface IF triggered. If triggered however this  charasteristic will make them kill each other off. The first, peaceful, charasteristic will never be able to trigger this second one.

Now we have the 10th person. He has only one charasteristic, and as you might guess, this one has only one purpose. Trigger the second charasteristic(and the ability to do so) of those other 9 ppl. wich eventually will make them kill each other off including the 10th.

What would yo do? Kill this 10th persoon so the other 9 can live happily ever after, or not ''fight for peace" and end up with a room full of dead people?? or another solution??? Other people's reactions are welcome as well..... :smile: 

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Re: Wanna know what the real solution to peace will be? [Re: quemo]
    #1386456 - 03/18/03 01:43 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

talking him out of it, or feeding him mushies is no option by the way :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract