Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

I'm a loser, how do I fix it?
    #1383336 - 03/17/03 07:49 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

n/a

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Re: I'm a loser, how do I fix it? [Re: ]
    #1383386 - 03/17/03 08:01 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

n/a

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#1383445 - 03/17/03 08:15 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

"
I'm stoned all the time and I take any drug I can get my hands on just to get my mind off my unhappiness.
"

Drug abuse increases the effects of depression. You have to cut back.

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: I'm a loser, how do I fix it? [Re: djfrog]
    #1383451 - 03/17/03 08:17 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Don't call yourself a loser, otherwise you will be confirming your actions with your thoughts.  I know exactly what you are talking about.  I have been prescribed the exact same shit as you for the exact same reasons.  I had a great job as a Service Advisor for one of the largest electronic retail stores in North America.  My boss was  a huge coke head and I ended up doing his job + mine.  That plus a long bad family history gave me a really bad case of anxiety.  On top of that I am dyslexic so it is very easy for me to get caught up in a paranoid rut.  When I was on Risperdal I was a brain dead zombie.  I only took two .25 mg two day's in a row before I could not even function.  I told my doc to give me 50 5mg diazepam and that I would see him in a year.  It took a bit of convincing that I am not a typical addictive personality type but I got the prescription and I find that when I take one when I get too paranoid ( cannot sleep for a few day's ) it calms me down enough to realize my brain is just in a rut.  After that I can work myself out of it without any Rx's.  Get yourself out to the gym also.  You probably have access to your school's gym free of charge if not dirt cheap.  I had a hard time with this as well, but just realize you will feel a shit load better after a nice long 2 hour workout.  Do this every other day and you will feel allot better. Trust me.  I also use to smoke allot every day and  after I started working out I have cut down from an 1/8th a day to a J a day.  This is what has worked for me so far,  It has been about 2 months since I made this change in my life and I feel so much better than I use to.  I have been able to deal with personal problems much quicker and they do not effect me like they use to.  I also have now joined a small religious group to bounce my ideas back and forth with.  They are really fun people.  At first they thought I was a typical teen in need of some good ol' fashion christian brainwashing but after some great debates we have had some very enlightening educational discussions about peoples behaviors and different perspectives.  I guess to sum up what I am trying to say is get off your ass and do something!  you will not regret it. :grin: :cool:    Good luck, and if you want feel free to PM me if you wana chat.  Peace.

--------------------

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Re: I'm a loser, how do I fix it? [Re: FlusH]
    #1383545 - 03/17/03 08:44 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Hey dude..

a few key points, i had a gf with very similar problems. she would lock herself in her bedroom for days, and could not tell me what was wrong with her...... it led to our breakup....... she's doing better now, but things she's had to do

1- cut back on the dope.. ( yes i know, you love pot... but you want help or nor?)
ps: I am not saying to quit, but cut back if you are a heavy smoker.

2- find a hobby, any hobby, books, model making, exercise..... anything.

3- get a pet. dogs are the best, cat's are fine too, ( i just hate cats is all ). fish, frogs, hamsters, they do help... trust me.

4- stay away from people that stress you out.

5- eat right, mcdonald's don't count. get lots of rest.

6- Rx's are ok if you HAVE to, but are never the perfect answer..

7- Talk to a shrink, they understand, and there is no shame is doing so. and it's free.

we are all here. talk up a storm.

good luck.

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
    #1383563 - 03/17/03 08:49 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

Depressed and anxious at the same time? Anxiety is having fear/stress taking control. Depression is forgetting about those fears and just accepting all the shit thats happened and not being able to do a thing about it or no longer trying. I am consciously controlling my anxiety, I am beginning to feel nothing. I am in a void like state. Embracing the void, you might consider it unhappy or depressing, but it more like a lack of emotion. In this void no harm can come to me, I withstand all suffering. Occasionally someone will try to upset you from the void and anxiety will jab me. Perhaps one day you will wake from this void in some fortunate twist of fate and will be in a beautifully happy place. Let us hope so.

Anonymous #1

Re: I'm a loser, how do I fix it? [Re: PooPs]
    #1383944 - 03/17/03 10:34 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

n/a

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
    #1384094 - 03/17/03 11:10 AM (21 years, 17 days ago)

I think all these opiates are a major contributor to your problems dude.!!!!

No one can tell you what to do , and i won't either,, but cut back on them,, heck smoke 1/4 per day if you want, but keep away from the pills and hard drugs for a few months.. at least.

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Anonymous #1

Re: I'm a loser, how do I fix it? [Re: PooPs]
    #1384425 - 03/17/03 12:50 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

n/a

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1384609 - 03/17/03 01:45 PM (21 years, 17 days ago)

You need to: 1) get clean, 2) get physically healthy (like eat more protein, less carbs, no sugar, 8 hours of sleep, real exercise, lots of water, vitamins & minerals), 3) consult a mental health professional that you feel comfortable with. This means finding one who will listen on the phone or give you a brief no fee consultation. I'm a mental health professional, and I give these things. Moreover, since my private practice is almost exclusively hypnotherapy at this time, and benzodiazepenes prevent trance induction, I would have to secure permission from one's physician to go off the benzos long enough to give the hypnotherapy a fair trial.

You aren't going to be able to treat yourself therapeutically, and your secondary substance dependence is liable to up and kill you. Stop self medicating and let someone qualified help you. Otherwise, it's like attempting to give yourself eye surgery (only psychotherapy is 'I' 'surgery'). If you decide to try hypnotherapy (which is a form of brief psychotherapy that cuts through the BS), go to www.natboard.com, click on where to find a therapist.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineSparklehorse
If Im here whosgrooming thefoxes for theparade

Loc: UK
Re: I'm a loser, how do I fix it? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1386560 - 03/18/03 02:39 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Hey there.
When I was in year 9 of school, I began to get paranoia and anxiety, and I thought everyone hated me so I had to drop out cause I couldn't handle it. I was out of school for a year and it was the most depressing year of my life, I felt exactly as you did. I couldn't even go to shops cause I thought people thought I was a fool or something. It's a bad position to be in. I am loads better nowadays, never felt happier
Things that helped me get out of a rut:
I had to think rationally. If I felt like I couldn't walk into a shop without looking a fool, I'd look at it like this "I'm just gonna look like anyone else walking into that shop so why feel so bad?" I had to lose the mentality that made me feel as though I was a loser. Once you start dropping this, you will start feeling better. I started telling myself that I was not a loser, I was like everyone else, and at first it didn't feel like nothing. But over the months I began to convince myself that I was okay, and eventually it cured me.
It might not work but hey it worked for me. As others have recomended, excercise and hobbies are a great way of helping yourself. I learned a few musical instruments (found the drums to be REALLY theraputic, try it) during my year out.

--------------------

Offlinezzenix
sister
Loc: betwixt
Re: I'm a loser, how do I fix it? [Re: Sparklehorse]
    #1386932 - 03/18/03 05:03 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Lagwagon is an awesome band :wink: ...everyone's advice has been great, exercise, going out, hobbies, pets, health etc etc...all i really have to add is that excessive use of opiates prevents your body from producing its own seratonin (which makes you feel "happy")...so although when you're on the opiates you feel good, once you stop taking them you're going to feel shitty. I would suggest cutting them out. Meditation/Tai Chi/Karate/Yoga classes might benefit you by teaching you to take control of your body and your life. good luck!

Anonymous #1

#1386952 - 03/18/03 05:08 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

How much dexedrine do you take?

Ever use it recreationally?

If so, stop.

I would suggest switching to ritalin or strattera for ADD. Dexedrine WILL worsen anxiety.

Anonymous #1

#1391236 - 03/19/03 09:58 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

n/a

Anonymous #1

#1391239 - 03/19/03 09:59 AM (21 years, 15 days ago)

n/a

Anonymous #1

#1410932 - 03/26/03 07:30 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

n/a

Anonymous #1

#1410945 - 03/26/03 07:34 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

n/a

Anonymous #1

#1411508 - 03/26/03 11:58 AM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Hey man this may sound cheesy but you gotta do some soul searching. It sounds like you got a few different aspects of your personality that want you to go in two or three different directions, and they're like literally tearing you apart because they're all opposing each other. Try to find some meaning in life. Once you find meaning you'll wake up in the morning and have that on your mind all day. It won't cure your depression but I guarantee it'll take most of your anxiety away, as well as that "lost" feeling.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#1411559 - 03/26/03 12:24 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

where do you live? like what state

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
    #1411766 - 03/26/03 01:54 PM (21 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Hey man this may sound cheesy but you gotta do some soul searching. It sounds like you got a few different aspects of your personality that want you to go in two or three different directions, and they're like literally tearing you apart because they're all opposing each other. Try to find some meaning in life. Once you find meaning you'll wake up in the morning and have that on your mind all day. It won't cure your depression but I guarantee it'll take most of your anxiety away, as well as that "lost" feeling.

Max may be stuck in the 80's but hes right, I agree with him.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder