Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
What I think.
    #1381916 - 03/16/03 05:07 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So what do you think? Do you realy think that its all about oil?

Ok so people seem soo convinced that the war with Iraq is all about oil and I agree, but only partially.

Think about it.. Here we have a country that weve destroyed more than once for more than one reason that has chemical and biological weapons.

These weapons could be used against the US and they are not large missiles type weapons. One liter of anthrax sold to a terrorist group could kill tens of thousands here in the US and Sadam is just the person to sell it to them.

Sure we have lots to gain by taking control of the country but seriously think about it. We already control much of the middle east and we cam be pretty sure that them countries arent gona sell weapons of mass destruction to people who want to use it against us but Sadam, he most likely will. I would be surprised if he hasnt already.

So its win win for the US and I have made up my mind...

I support the war in Iraq, I support the occupation of Iraq and I support installing a shadow government of the US in Iraq to control the sale of weapons that might in the future be used to kill me or members of my family...

I just hope that the people in power dont fuck this up like last time and the know what theyre doing...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Re: What I think. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1382352 - 03/17/03 12:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"Contrary to the Administration's portrayal of an Iraqi threat, Iraq is hardly uniquely threatening. Sixteen other countries in the world have or might have nuclear weapons, 25 countries have or might have chemical weapons, 19 other countries have or might have biological weapons, and 16 other countries have or might have missile systems. Yet the Bush Administration is not on the verge of invading them." excerpt from Obviously Oil by Rep. Dennis Kucinich

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1382415 - 03/17/03 01:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The whole crux of your arguement lies on the belief that

Quote:

we cam be pretty sure that them countries arent gona sell weapons of mass destruction to people who want to use it against us but Sadam, he most likely will. I would be surprised if he hasnt already.

Many countries possess WMD. A number of them are muslim countries. Muslim hatred toward the west which is already at an all time high is only going to increase when we attack Iraq. Increasing the risk these other Muslim nations, who posess WMD, may fall under the control of extremists. How can you feel truly safe until the US have preemptively attacked every country with WMD in the world and installed a Mcd's in every town?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #1382474 - 03/17/03 02:03 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

So what do you think? Do you realy think that its all about oil?

Not just about oil, it's also about:
- money
- power
- religion
- hypocrisy
- blind nationalism
- a former substance abuser whose judgement and mental capablities are questionable (possibly as a result of his substance abuse), whose mindset is steeped in born again Christian fundamentalism, a fortunate son who's never been a success at anything (in the private sector) and has always had others to pick up after his messes.
- geopolitical myopia
- the old magicians' trick of redirection of the mark's attention (what economy? what deficit? rights, what rights? Osama Bin Laden, who's he?)

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (03/17/03 02:07 AM)

Anonymous

Re: What I think. [Re: Evolving]
    #1382485 - 03/17/03 02:14 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Not just about oil, it's also about:
- money
- power

oil=money=power. the war's about all 3.

- religion

maybe for certain fanatics it is.

- a former substance abuser whose judgement and mental capablities are questionable (possibly as a result of his substance abuse), whose mindset is steeped in born again Christian fundamentalism, a fortunate son who's never been a success at anything (in the private sector) and has always had others to pick up after his messes.

he was an alcoholic and may have used cocaine. i really do think that many politicians have probably used cocaine, and some of the best leaders in history have been alcoholics. i really don't think that bush's stupidity has anything to do with his substance use.

whose mindset is steeped in born again Christian fundamentalism

nah... he just wants people to think that it is.

a fortunate son who's never been a success at anything (in the private sector) and has always had others to pick up after his messes.

very true.

- the old magicians' trick of redirection of the mark's attention (what economy? what deficit? rights, what rights? Osama Bin Laden, who's he?)

yep.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1382486 - 03/17/03 02:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Saying that it's all about oil is a cop out. There are a lot of reasons this is a stupid war but oil seems to be the target of weak minds.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1382687 - 03/17/03 03:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Another American comes out of the closet and admits to being scared of Iraq. You guys need a support group. I feel your pain.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Anonymous

Re: What I think. [Re: pattern]
    #1382929 - 03/17/03 05:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hahaha i truly pity those who fear iraq!!?! oo0o0 scary. I can't sleep at night because i'm afraid of biological terrorism. Fear, revenge, and hate are what is driving this war, and what will continue to drive wars till the end of time. Lets base our decisions on concrete ideas and beliefs, we are smarter than emotion.

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
Re: What I think. [Re: ]
    #1383041 - 03/17/03 06:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This war has me really conflicted. On one hand I think Saddam is a threat to the world, if left alone he would come up with some type of weapon to massively fuck up Israel and lead the world into a nuclear gangbang. He reminds me of Jim Jones in that he seems willing enough to die with a grand gesture no matter how crazy. He is a proven mass murderer.

On the other hand I don't trust the present administration to act responsibly. I feel that they are using tragic events to further their own particular agenda, to the detriment of U.S. citizens in the long run.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: What I think. [Re: ]
    #1383071 - 03/17/03 06:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Next thing you know, Americans will feel threatened by french fries.

oh wait...

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #1383254 - 03/17/03 07:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What i think is that there are 3 purposes of the war. In the immediate term, its all about oil. In the intermediate term, its about consolidating a US global empire via control of that oil. In the long term, the purpose of empire is a class war that the rich are fighting against the poor (Chomsky). Given the disregard Shrub has shown for democracy and its legal processes at the UN (and Patriot 1 & 2 in the US), i am not convinced that Saddam is not the lesser evil.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (03/17/03 07:26 AM)

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1383291 - 03/17/03 07:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

French fries have probably killed more people in the US than biological weapons... lol

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: What I think. [Re: angryshroom]
    #1383555 - 03/17/03 08:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

French fries have probably killed more people in the US than biological weapons... lol

You mean freedom fries. Hahahah

I dont fear Iraq, Im just saying that the US has created this open terrorist market and Sadam has lots of shit for sale on it.

Sure many muslims hate the US but their governments fear us more and arent jumping at the chance to provide help to terrorists who want to attack us.

As I said before, we started it all and now we must finish it.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Jump to top Pages: 1