Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Laminar Flow Hood, Malt Extract, Petri Dish, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCapt_Nemo
Stranger
question on spores
    #1383207 - 03/17/03 09:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i have a spore print lying around and i was thinking about growing using the print and i was wondering if anyone out there has used just a print before to grow and what if any teks and tips they have.  help will be much appreciated :grin: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShaMan1988
ShaMaN InC.
Loc: my room, my house, my rul...
Re: question on spores [Re: Capt_Nemo]
    #1383263 - 03/17/03 09:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hey. quite possibly, see as you are asking this question, it'll probably be your 1X growing. It is quite probable that you'll fuck up. oh well, give it a shot.  The tek you should use is growing on agar/malt extract.  You'll need: isopropanol alcohol (99% or whatever suits u),pressure cooker, some growing medium being either agar or malt extract, an innoculating loop, petri dishes, seran wrap, and so on. You grow on the medium and then mix it into a larger medium, possibly spawn to expand your grow operation. blah blah blah, read the tek in the cultivation section somewheres...
**gimme some mushroom points!**

ShaMaN! :mad: 

OfflineCapt_Nemo
Stranger
Re: question on spores [Re: ShaMan1988]
    #1406396 - 03/24/03 03:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well i've seen a few teks out there that say it is possible to use just spores and well my main thing is to see if anyone has tried it and what their results were plus i don't have the resources for the malt or agar and the petri dishes and such i wanna keep it simple, cheap, and i can keep it pretty sterile when i decide to grow which will prolly be soon. put i'd like to hear some results from people who have actually tried using just spores and what their results were and any tips they have.

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

#1406469 - 03/24/03 04:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

you should atleast make a syringe.  I don't think you can just put spores into jars w/substrate and expect them to germinate.  i don't know why, it just doesn't seem like it would work, but hey, it's not like they are in syringes in the wild!  :cool:

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
    #1406547 - 03/24/03 04:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That was a completely useless post.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

OfflineWONKA
I think i tooktoo much

Re: question on spores [Re: no-tone]
    #1406608 - 03/24/03 05:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have inoculated jars using just a spore print and a metal wire. I would heat up the wire with a homemade alcohol lamp until it would glow red, then shaked it in the air for a couple sec until it was cool, scrape up some spores on the wire and slide the wire in the holes in the jar lid then i would repeat with the other jars.

This worked for me but contamination rates were about 35-40%. i would also like to say thati did this out in the open with no flowhood only thing i did was hold my breathe to not breath all over the jars.

This can be done with higher success rates if proper precautions are met, but i would stick too just making a
spore syringe out of that print of yours. (much cleaner.)

OfflineShaMan1988
ShaMaN InC.
Loc: my room, my house, my rul...
Re: question on spores [Re: WONKA]
    #1407738 - 03/25/03 06:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

kewl cheap idea for an innoc. loop.... mayb the can can try that :wink:

shaman

OfflineCapt_Nemo
Stranger
    #1409042 - 03/25/03 03:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ya what i was thinking of doing is fashoning a glove box to innoc the jars with the spores. i'd get a syringe but there are certain factors that can prevent it because there are no stores near that i can get them at thus i'd have to either mail order or get a ride which might not be a good thing. i had planned on making glove box and innoculating like 4 or 5 jars and making casings out of them ya i deffinately wanna keep it cheap seeing as i have no money and i'm going with stuff i already have so i just have spores to work withand a glove box i have yet to make, so i should have a little better contam rate that the 35-40% that wonka had at least hopefully.

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
    #1409108 - 03/25/03 03:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yea i was thinking to use a glove box

first sterilize your substrate jars, and sterilize one jar filled with dry verm

in the glove box.....dump the spores into the substrate jars, mix it up with a sterilized fork or something.....fill to the top with the dry verm, and seal

or you could do all the steps in syringe making, up to the point where you have the spores in the sterilized water....then just dump that into your jars....germination may start at the top but maybe it will work its way down

InvisibleBigBlackNinja
7hoe7

Loc: CA
Re: question on spores [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1409188 - 03/25/03 04:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i used a straight print to inoc jars before i knew anything about cultivation. i had 2/3 of the jars contam, ( out of 3 jars) i used no flow hood and didn't sterilize very much. i would suggest you make a syringe unless you can be very very sterile. also it takes a much longer time for the jars to start colonizing becuase the spores have to hydrate.

--------------------
"your gunna have a bankroll so big its gunna look like your pockets got the mumps" -the mack

OfflineCapt_Nemo
Stranger
Re: question on spores [Re: BigBlackNinja]
    #1411339 - 03/26/03 12:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

thats quite the interesting idea that liftedoff420 had an interesing idea, it might be hard to keep the water sterile long enough till i innoc the jars. But i think i might be able to get better than 2/3 of my jars contam with the glove box and some other things i can use to keep sterility.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Laminar Flow Hood, Malt Extract, Petri Dish, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation