Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineManicMongrel
Paragorn of pointless comments
Male

Loc: Across the Atlantic
Re: Blue bruising = psilocybin ? [Re: BothHands]
    #14355460 - 04/26/11 02:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Exactly, I just get tired of those people who have to disregard your input as bullsh!t on principle, just because you refer to wikipedia. Claiming wikipedia is completely unreliable on everything :P

--------------------
Rules and laws are guidelines, to follow them by definition is equivalent to ignoring responsibility

- Let me know if anything in my Trade List got your attention! New asian pan varieties up for trade [10.july.2013]

"Familiarity breeds contempt"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineformulaic
Freelance Entity
I'm a teapot

Loc: Subway, Planet Zork, Nebu... Flag
Re: Blue bruising = psilocybin ? [Re: Tangich]
    #20040310 - 05/25/14 09:36 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tangich said:
Quote:

kdmmontana said:
Take for example, Amanita Muscaria (Fly Agaric). Lot of people see it as a drug (for some fucked up hippie reason), vikings brew or whatever magic quality they read into its contents, but without properly preparing the mushrooms they are deadly. Still some dumbasses actually ingest the damn mushroom, in hopes of getting high, only to end up in ER later with a busted liver...

That is a very wrong attitude towards this amazing mushroom, obviously corrupted by propaganda and old wives tales.
First of all, nothing in muscaria can damage your liver, muscarine content in it is minute, ibotenic acid is a neurotoxin which can cause coma or death if you ingest 20+ fresh large mushrooms. Try drinking a bottle of vodka and then tell me which is worse for you.
I see you have in your sig medicnal properties of psilocybin and canabis. Well, I just want to say from personal experience that Amanita muscaria  can be an amazing medicinal mushroom, for your body and mind, if prepared properly, used responsibly and with respect.
It saddens me when people bad mouth something they have never tried, and just spread misinformation and negativity.

Far out, the misinformation in this post is rampant...

Amanita muscaria's can DEFINITELY be deadly. Don't believe me? Check out the LD50's in mice and rats of Muscimol, one of it's primary constituents.
http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_chemistry.shtml

How about Ibotenic Acid?

"The current view is that some Ibotenic Acid does cross the blood brain barrier unchanged, but some is partially metabolised into Muscimol and the rest excreted. Ibotenic Acid, however, has been shown to be a potent neurotoxin when injected directly in the brains of mice and rats and is used as a potent brain-lesioning agent."
http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_info6.shtml

Don't get me wrong, there are certain varieties of A.muscaria that are known to have lower amounts of Muscimol, and there's certain ways of converting the Ibotenic Acid to Muscimol before ingestion- but Muscimol is still toxic, in lower amounts.

The amount of variation from cap to cap, season to season is huge- for example, spring/summer fruiting bodies have been shown to have up to ten times more Muscimol/Ibotenic Acid than autumn ones...

Benjamin DR. (1992). "Mushroom poisoning in infants and children: the Amanita pantherina/muscaria group". Journal of Toxicology: Clinical Toxicology 30 (1): 13–22. doi:10.3109/15563659208994442. PMID 1347320

I'm not gonna tell you what you can or can't ingest, it's your body. But there's the information- go make an informed decision yourself. As for me, there are plenty of other, safe psychedelics around.

--------------------
:mushroom2:  "I live on Earth at present, and I don't know what I am. I know that I am not a category. I am not a thing — a noun. I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process — an integral function of the universe.:mushroom2:

- Buckminster Fuller

Edited by formulaic (05/25/14 09:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate, Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies