Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Helen Fisher
    #1380051 - 03/16/03 07:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Fascist Gasbag

So let me get this straight: im not a "real" woman if i dont have her famous "web gene"?? Who does she think she is, anyway?? As is typical of an authoritarian feminist, she lumps women that dont agree with her bullshit together with men and calls both "biologically inferior". Fisher is in fact laying down a challenge for women to prove that their "real women" by becoming Maggie Thatcher clones, because she argues that her web women will necessarily be more successful corporatists (although she doesnt use such explicit language). If this web gene really does exist, and confers the gift of Thatcherism to whoever bears it, then it could only work to the detriment of humanity.

Fishers' argument does not stand to the most rudimentary analysis; but the way its written makes this easy to miss. If what she says were to be true (or merely accepted as being true), then it automatically becomes a powerful argument in favour of racism and other forms of discrimination. Given that this is right-wing propaganda, it is easy to imagine the right-wing mainstream population simply buying into this without much haggling. (And again, who am i to question them, given that they could read the analysis too).

The fact that the right-wing media is so eager to publicize such rubbish is further evidence that feminism is inextricably tied to the corporate far right. As much as is despise Rush Limburger, Fisher is proof that there really are such things as "feminazis".

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Helen Fisher [Re: Annapurna1]
    #1381032 - 03/16/03 01:13 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

There is lots of valid feminist thought, and these extremists comprise a minority. Of course, they live in a symbiotic relationship with right wing gas bags who parade these ridiculous ideas around as "proof" that the feminist movement is evil, all the while giving them the exposure they crave.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion