Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblefoodsgoodtoo
FPSnosurrender
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ghosts. [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #13782657 - 01/13/11 07:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:

But eh would do I know Im just mentally Ill and was experiencing a illusionary audio visual hallucination in my own mind.

Psychiatrists concur!

--------------------

Edited by foodsgoodtoo (01/13/11 07:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
    #13782662 - 01/13/11 07:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Quote:

nice1 said:
Harsh.

I mean if it was me I would be outta there even if I didn't have the money or whatever though!  Just get a tent and leave.

Some countries you have to tell the person you sell the house to if its haunted :-P

Did you ever see anything yourself or got any stories about what your parents saw?

There's one that sticks out in my mind a lot. I was home alone and I was takin a shower in the basement. I got out dried myself off and opened the door soon as I turned the knob I heard some music playing coming from my sisters bedroom I thought what ever the batteries in it are dieing so its going off on its own. It was this leapfrog plane thing it said the alphabet and played some generic nursery ryhmes.

Then I realized this is the toy my little sister always plays in the tub with cause it ws broke I thought it really odd it was working all of a sudden I thought maybe my dad fixed it. I turned around to go upstairs then It giggled in a little girls voice so unlike the leapfrog voice built into it. Stopped in my tracks, then it said "come play with me" giggled a little more.

I was like okay WTF it never sounded or said something like that before so I went into the room and picked it up soon as I picked it up it the lights turned off and the music died I turned it over to see if there was any batteries in it and there was none and the water corroded the terminal contacts so badly the springs were broken off. I dropped that thing and ran upstairs slapped my clothes on hopped on my bike and peddled like a demon to my friends house and stayed there till I was sure my parents and sisters would be back at home.

But eh would do I know Im just mentally Ill and was experiencing a illusionary audio visual hallucination in my own mind. :rolleyes:

That is intense

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: Ghosts. [Re: foodsgoodtoo]
    #13782764 - 01/13/11 08:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

foodsgoodtoo said:
Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:

But eh would do I know Im just mentally Ill and was experiencing a illusionary audio visual hallucination in my own mind.

Psychiatrists concur!

And when my grandma and five others all heard a ear splitting scream resonating from the basement It was just mass hysteria?

And all the EVP's we captured where somehow artifacts inherently recorded onto the tapes when they were manufactured?

Riiight....

I think psychatrists are the ones with a mental disorder. They think they know whats up with the mind. create these western disorders, labels. Labels that surprisingly usually fail to carry over to other cultures mental disorders, yet they label them universal. These are the same ones that deduce a energetic child as having a disorder called ADHD and shove drugs down there throats, Label depression as a illness and addiction as a disease.

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Ghosts. [Re: Verrin Rabe]
    #13782772 - 01/13/11 08:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Verrin Rabe said:
My brother, once it became his bedroom and not mine, told me he had a ghost in the cupboard who was a construction worker. I hadn't told him about my sea captain before that.

Feels Weird, Man.

the ghosts of the villlage people

Edited by NastyDHL (01/13/11 08:31 PM)

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
    #13782826 - 01/13/11 08:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Any decent psychiatrist will not explain away things like that.  Many of them are fully aware of the paranormal and they simply state that you believe you had a real experience and that you are not delusional so therefore they cannot say precisely what it is only that its not a psychiatric illness.

If one doesn't do that and tries to push drugs on you then they are very bad or stupid person and should not be practising.

Thanks for sharing anyway :thumbup:  I would of done the same thing!  Probably would of ran out naked :lol: That sounded scary, quite demonic.

My friends dad is a builder and hes a big tough guy, into his death metal and tattoes and stuff.  He had to work in this old building and saw a ghost and ran out screaming like a girl, quit the job and would never go back.  Would never tell anyone what exactly what he saw either :-P

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #13782836 - 01/13/11 08:32 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
I think psychatrists are the ones with a mental disorder. They think they know whats up with the mind. create these western disorders, labels. Labels that surprisingly usually fail to carry over to other cultures mental disorders, yet they label them universal. These are the same ones that deduce a energetic child as having a disorder called ADHD and shove drugs down there throats, Label depression as a illness and addiction as a disease.

:thumbup:

they do not know reality worth a shee-yit. their reality is such a tiny narrow closed off structure of what is going on it is absolutely terrifying to think how many relatively rational people would classify for disorders.

i think everybody lives in a constant subtle state of denial (some not so subtle for others perceptions though) and most people are unaware of how insane and neurotic and irrational they really are. the process of waking up can make a person neurotic and irrational if they do not take it in stride and let it overwhelm them.

so for all those young kids having spiritual awakenings of sorts who don't know how to handle a new experience of reality that is so vastly different from social expectations/opinions of what reality is then i apologize for being at least a 7 billionth responsible for a society that turns your differences into problems.

OfflineL.S.Ste
Dr Acid
Male

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Ghosts. [Re: Bender B Rodriguez]
    #13782917 - 01/13/11 08:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bender B Rodriguez said:
Ain' no such thang as ghosts. 

There is such a thang as an active imagination without skeptical thinking.

Bullshit! I was sat in a pub one night with 6 friends we just gotten in our 2nd drink of the night my friend sat down across from me on the table, we were chatting and talking about stuff when all of a sudden his vodka and coke just flipped up in the air and landed in his lap he looked at me startled.. then soon as that happened another glass on a beer mat started sliding on its own across the table and my mate caught it just before it slid off the edge.... we were all in shock.. we tried all night to re-create the scene by tipping the table to see if it wasn't level and whatnot but this is living proof that ghosts exist to me! It was 6 years ago now and i still think about it everyday!

--------------------

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
Re: Ghosts. [Re: L.S.Ste]
    #13782942 - 01/13/11 08:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

What pub was that?

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
Other

#13782955 - 01/13/11 08:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by Bodhi of Ankou (01/13/11 09:17 PM)

OfflineL.S.Ste
Dr Acid
Male

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Ghosts. [Re: nice1]
    #13783029 - 01/13/11 09:14 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
What pub was that?

It was,
The Smiths Arms,
Lea Lane
Lea Town
Preston
Lancashire
UK
PR4 0RP

Heres the link to the pub!
http://www.visitpreston.com/Catering/details/LTBT-98180

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#13783123 - 01/13/11 09:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Quote:

foodsgoodtoo said:
Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:

Psychiatrists concur!

And when my grandma and five others all heard a ear splitting scream resonating from the basement It was just mass hysteria?

And all the EVP's we captured where somehow artifacts inherently recorded onto the tapes when they were manufactured?

Riiight....

Your anti-authoritarian mistrust of the establishment, while commendable, in this case is only blinding you to the fact that a lot of psychological and sociological study is in fact legitimate, and not related to the psychotic pill-mill prescription that had created a drugged generation.

Sound is weird. Talk to a sound engineer, EVP's are mostly interpretation. As for your shared experience, it could have been a member amongst you, a foreign body you weren't aware of, something deceiving- it could have been outside and not in your basement due to the crazy complexities of acoustics, or, you could simply all convince eachother you heard something on a night you were all having particularly restless sleep.

I mean, you talk about things that happen while you're trying to go to sleep, and I'm just like, bitches don't know bout my hyponogogic hallucinations!

--------------------

wat man rly

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
Re: Ghosts. [Re: L.S.Ste]
    #13783143 - 01/13/11 09:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

L.S.Ste said:
Quote:

nice1 said:
What pub was that?

It was,
The Smiths Arms,
Lea Lane
Lea Town
Preston
Lancashire
UK
PR4 0RP

Quote:

L.S.Ste said:
Quote:

nice1 said:
What pub was that?

It was,
The Smiths Arms,
Lea Lane
Lea Town
Preston
Lancashire
UK
PR4 0RP

Ill check it out if im ever in the area

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
Other

Re: Ghosts. [Re: blujay]
    #13783182 - 01/13/11 09:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Almost all of these EVP's were pretty sharp and clear not a garbled mess that you get some nonsensical garbage out of if you strain your ears hard enough. If I could find them you would be able to hear them pretty clearly. I highly doubt there was a voice actor living in the crawl space that came out to talk into the recorder when we all left the house.

None of these things happened while we were sleeping. The scream happened while we were all eating dinner at the table. I know of the hypnogognic state cause I practice lucid dreaming and how the images in the mind can kind of burn into your perception if you awaken suddenly from that state.

Iv had small objects like forks or the likes suddenly fly half way across the room on a few different occasions right before my eyes.

Im not trying to say these events are evidence of spirits like casper the ghost :lol: im not trying to say there evidence of a afterlife either but these things did happen to me and werent some imagined event in a half awake state.

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: Ghosts. [Re: blujay]
    #13783206 - 01/13/11 09:53 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Or theirs rather, and they're oft auditory, so 2+2...

One time I awoke violently in a sweat to a massive figure standing at the foot of my bed. It freaked me so hard I ran up the stairs screaming. My parents thought someone was robbing the place. I was convinced some ehteral apparition was about to suck my face off. Even at twelve, though, I was able to differentiate the figments of my notably human mind from real, tangible stuff.

I'll probably have nightmares thinking about it now, maybe hear some things I shouldn't, who knows. I'm ot immune to the effect, it's part of why I am so skeptical. I've had the "we all heard some noise/scream/bang omgwtfmgofbamf" and the "did you see that yeah i did too was that a guy- he just dissapeared" and even a case of creepy static-voice recording on the answering machine.

The truth for me usually falls somewhere between:

1.) People are inherently crazy, their perceptions fallible to constructs such as paranoia

(which only humans are capable of suspicion, paranoia, intense curiosity, etc.)

2.) People are naturally empathic, and their empathy makes ideas contagious

(subconscious)

3.) Only the most advanced understandings of multiple complex sciences, each a life's research easily, can explain the fine nuances of reality.

(the purveyors of which have much better things to do anyway)

So the explainations tend to fall to superstition, a simple (but logically broken) concept designed to fill that gap in understanding, carried by generations through culture, and used as a crutch to spare us fro most natural and universal fear: not knowing.

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#13783224 - 01/13/11 09:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Almost all of these EVP's were pretty sharp and clear not a garbled mess that you get some nonsensical garbage out of if you strain your ears hard enough. If I could find them you would be able to hear them pretty clearly. I highly doubt there was a voice actor living in the crawl space that came out to talk into the recorder when we all left the house.

None of these things happened while we were sleeping. The scream happened while we were all eating dinner at the table. I know of the hypnogognic state cause I practice lucid dreaming and how the images in the mind can kind of burn into your perception if you awaken suddenly from that state.

Iv had small objects like forks or the likes suddenly fly half way across the room on a few different occasions right before my eyes.

Im not trying to say these events are evidence of spirits like casper the ghost :lol: im not trying to say there evidence of a afterlife either but these things did happen to me and werent some imagined event in a half awake state.

Bizzare, dude. I would be very perplexed, and a ghost might be the name I would use for convenience, but I would still have no idea what the fuck could actually cause such phenomena.

So for those who use "ghost" as a label for the unexplained they do not understand, that group is fairly sane. It's the group that believes strictly people come back from the dead to haunt the living in etheral form that irk me.

People are raised to believe we've got all the answers, so when shit happens they can't explain, they just write another fairy tale. It's a viscious cycle that I don't think we can ever escape.

--------------------

wat man rly

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: MICHIGAN
Re: Ghosts. [Re: Bender B Rodriguez]
    #13783231 - 01/13/11 09:59 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Bender B Rodriguez said:
I don't remember who said this but it's a great quote:

"People who believe in ghosts see them often."

I believe in ghosts and have had experiences with them. But I have only
encountered them at my ex girls friends house.

OfflineESR
Stranger Danger

Re: Ghosts. [Re: DeadHearts]
    #13783289 - 01/13/11 10:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

its eleven in the god damn morning, my movie just ended so i was all like "ill check the pub before i go to sleep!" bad fuckin idea, this freaks the shit out of me cause i have had my own two experiences. i am keeping in mind that i am bi polar and that auditory and visual hallucinations are known to happen in non crazy people. <-- crazy as in schizophrenia and such. the experiences i had freaked the shit out of me. i am a physics major and i do believe in the possibilities. advanced physics and math allows for some weird shit.

--------------------
_kai_ bitchs

InvisibleGrubber
Stranger
Re: Ghosts. [Re: ESR]
    #13783867 - 01/13/11 11:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I used to do janitorial work for a church I attended.  Because I also had a full time job, I would usually perform most of the heavy duty cleaning late at night well after most were in bed.  This church also had classrooms on an upper floor with windows at each end of an extended hallway when coming up the stairs.  Even though this place was supposedly "sacred space", I would frequently get the eebie jeebies being all alone in this large building late at night.  As the church sat atop a hill overlooking a dropoff on the backside, it would catch a lot of wind, which made the building make funny noises during windy evenings.  I used to wear earphones really loud to block out all the little gusts, pops, and creaks that would go on while I'm cleaning the building getting it ready for services the next morning.  I had just finished the downstairs reception area and kitchen and was heading up to do the classrooms on the upper floor.  Making my way up the stairs with the cleaning gear and trashbags I flicked on the hallway lights.  I happened to glance down to one end of the hallway, and reflected in the floor to ceiling windows is an image of a face about midway up the glass.  It was a child's face.  After getting my heart back down to a reasonable pace, I attempted to reassure myself that it was just face grease from where some kid pressed his face up against the glass looking out the window.  Picked up my window cleaner and some papertowels to clean off the smeared image.  I sprayed the window and rubbed, and rubbed, and rubbed.  The image would not come off.  I looked at it some more and my heart skipped another beat when I realized the image was on the other side of the glass.  Now, normally this wouldn't spook me to this extent except for the fact that the window was on the back side of the building and hung 30 feet over the back parking lot.  I left immediately thereafter without finishing the cleaning and called the church director the next day to let them know I was unable to continue working for them in that capacity.  I left the church membership soon thereafter.
People hearing me relate this story have tried to console me that it was a message from God and I should look for the meaning in the message.  I can tell you with all certainty, it did not feel benevolent, or childlike, or full of mirth.  It felt like I wasn't wanted there.  I haven't been back to church since.
I can respect the opinions of those who have not experienced something of this nature before, and even those who have had strange encounters with things they can't explain and aren't really sure what they've seen.  I do know for me, I still feel dread when I think back on that night and what I saw and felt.  For me, it's no longer a question of IF there are ghosts, it became more about how I feel when I encounter strange unexplained stuff.  Before this event, I would have scoffed at similar stories and tried to come up with a logical explanation for what people see.  I would advise anyone now, if it doesn't feel right, there's a reason why your body is reacting the way it is...it may be a more primitive insight tuned into the fight or flight response, but there is a reason that your body will react to protect itself outside of your conscious direction.  You probably need to listen to it.

OfflineLoveYourLife
MDMA

Loc: Cincinnati
Re: Ghosts. [Re: Grubber]
    #13784806 - 01/14/11 06:39 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Grubber said:
I used to do janitorial work for a church I attended.  Because I also had a full time job, I would usually perform most of the heavy duty cleaning late at night well after most were in bed.  This church also had classrooms on an upper floor with windows at each end of an extended hallway when coming up the stairs.  Even though this place was supposedly "sacred space", I would frequently get the eebie jeebies being all alone in this large building late at night.  As the church sat atop a hill overlooking a dropoff on the backside, it would catch a lot of wind, which made the building make funny noises during windy evenings.  I used to wear earphones really loud to block out all the little gusts, pops, and creaks that would go on while I'm cleaning the building getting it ready for services the next morning.  I had just finished the downstairs reception area and kitchen and was heading up to do the classrooms on the upper floor.  Making my way up the stairs with the cleaning gear and trashbags I flicked on the hallway lights.  I happened to glance down to one end of the hallway, and reflected in the floor to ceiling windows is an image of a face about midway up the glass.  It was a child's face.  After getting my heart back down to a reasonable pace, I attempted to reassure myself that it was just face grease from where some kid pressed his face up against the glass looking out the window.  Picked up my window cleaner and some papertowels to clean off the smeared image.  I sprayed the window and rubbed, and rubbed, and rubbed.  The image would not come off.  I looked at it some more and my heart skipped another beat when I realized the image was on the other side of the glass.  Now, normally this wouldn't spook me to this extent except for the fact that the window was on the back side of the building and hung 30 feet over the back parking lot.  I left immediately thereafter without finishing the cleaning and called the church director the next day to let them know I was unable to continue working for them in that capacity.  I left the church membership soon thereafter.
People hearing me relate this story have tried to console me that it was a message from God and I should look for the meaning in the message.  I can tell you with all certainty, it did not feel benevolent, or childlike, or full of mirth.  It felt like I wasn't wanted there.  I haven't been back to church since.
I can respect the opinions of those who have not experienced something of this nature before, and even those who have had strange encounters with things they can't explain and aren't really sure what they've seen.  I do know for me, I still feel dread when I think back on that night and what I saw and felt.  For me, it's no longer a question of IF there are ghosts, it became more about how I feel when I encounter strange unexplained stuff.  Before this event, I would have scoffed at similar stories and tried to come up with a logical explanation for what people see.  I would advise anyone now, if it doesn't feel right, there's a reason why your body is reacting the way it is...it may be a more primitive insight tuned into the fight or flight response, but there is a reason that your body will react to protect itself outside of your conscious direction.  You probably need to listen to it.

That was painful to read with no formatting, but none the less man that's a creepy ass story.  I would have bailed out of that place with the quickness too.

OfflineWhere Is Life
Where Is My Mind?
Male

Re: Ghosts. [Re: LoveYourLife]
    #13784864 - 01/14/11 07:14 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

LoveYourLife said:
Jack The Ripper is kind of irrelevant.  You can't really compare delusions of grandeur with the average person having a random unexplainable sensory experience.  I mean I see what you're getting at, but no.

Yeah, you're kind of right, I usually use that against people who claim to have experiences with God/Jesus/a higher power :lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom